Apex October 2024 - November 2024

Cayman1

The October 23, 2024 Apex cruise appeared on Celebrity’s website this morning, then as I attempted to confirm it was still there this evening, this cruise magically disappeared again.  Borrowing from an old airline slogan, “Is this anyway to run a cruise line?  I give up trying to speculate or make sense what might be happening in the inner sanctums of Celebrity.

still following along b/c the 5 day cruise we booked  on APEX is perfect for us..It's a chance for another E Class experience, and we can check out the artwork...plus a great Sunset Verabda cabin!  

i will look it up later to see if it is still open...

I am booked on 11/3/24.  It has reappeared on the website and showing “Sold Out.”  It strikes me as very strange as it is a transatlantic with 3 stops and it is over 500 days away.  Any thoughts?

I just phoned Celebrity and they confirmed that our 11/3/24 on the Apex is “Sold Out.”  It seems weird and unbelievable to me, but it is an explanation as to why it doesn’t show on the website any longer.

A May 25th article in the Wall Street Journal stated that cruise lines are experiencing strong bookings and in some cases have overbooked cruises. The article references a recent cancellation complaint for a Celebrity September 2023 Japan cruise that was booked by the passenger in 2022.. 

It will take some time for Celebrity to sort things out if cruises are in fact overbooked. Our experience with onboard services with Celebrity has been excellent for many years nonetheless, service on shore can be extremely slow after a cruise is booked.

1 hour ago, Cayman1 said:

All 4 cruises are in fact showing back up today... but all say sold out. No way... I'm just not believing it.

I am convinced they are chartered !! 👎  There is no way they can totally sell out that fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cayman1 said:

All 4 cruises are in fact showing back up today... but all say sold out. No way... I'm just not believing it.

1 hour ago, nikel said:

I am convinced they are chartered !! 👎  There is no way they can totally sell out that fast.

I agree with both of these posts.

8 hours ago, nikel said:

But one of them is a transatlantic, back to the states. I personally don't see that as charter material, but maybe I am wrong.

Here's what we received this morning:

Dear Guest,

We’re reaching out with important information for all guests booked to sail aboard Celebrity Apex® departing October 23, 2024 through November 23, 2024. These sailings must unfortunately be redeployed to accommodate an earlier dry dock schedule. Due to this change in dock availability, we must cancel bookings and reaccommodate guests to alternate sailings.

We know how precious your time is and never intend to complicate your vacation planning, so we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes. It is our hope that you will sail with us aboard a comparable Celebrity Cruises sailing and have cruise representatives scheduled to reach out to you directly by phone to make this happen.

If you wish to speak to a cruise representative at your convenience, feel free to contact the help desk created specifically to assist you with this sailing at 1-800-556-8209.

Here are some comparable sailings available for your consideration:

image.png.815db5ea41520294065922d8b6e84bab.png

You can also rebook on any other Celebrity Cruises vacation at prevailing rates (real-time prices) and receive an onboard credit of $200 per standard stateroom and $400 per suite.

Promotional offers will be protected for deposited bookings only.

Full reimbursement for cancelled flights will not be offered.

If you choose to cancel and not to rebook an alternate cruise, or you do not speak to a representative before June 13, 2023, we will issue a full refund for all amounts paid to the original form of payment and nullify the above re-accommodation offer.

Your special help desk will be open from Tuesday, May 30, 2023 to Tuesday, June 13, 2023. Your re-accommodation offer will only be available during this time, so please contact us at 1-800-556-8209 to finalize the changes needed for your reservation.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unexpected change. As always, we can’t wait to Journey WonderFULLSM with you soon.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I’m so confused…the Canaries cruises are on infinity.  

image.png.93bd5d7d0b1587603cf381746f935dd3.png

And one would presume you couldn't sail that 11/9 Apex TA if it's in dry dock. Looks like someone failed to proofread this one. 

4 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I’m so confused…the Canaries cruises are on infinity.  

image.png.93bd5d7d0b1587603cf381746f935dd3.png

If its in drydock from Oct 23 -Nov 23, how will the TA sail on November 9th???  

28 minutes ago, nikel said:

If its in drydock from Oct 23 -Nov 23, how will the TA sail on November 9th???  

I was going to point that out but I’m not sure if the dates are her dry dock time or the time frame that cruises are affected.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

I was going to point that out but I’m not sure if the dates are her dry dock time or the time frame that cruises are affected.  

I tried to pull up the Apex, 11/9/24.  Nothing came up.

Here's my take: this is not an Apex dry dock issue but simply a dock availability issue in Southampton. The communication from Celebrity states that "These sailings must unfortunately be redeployed to accommodate an earlier dry dock schedule. Due to this change in dock availability, we must cancel bookings and reaccommodate guests to alternate sailings."   

the Celebrity email also states that current passengers can rebook on the listed options including the November 9, Lisbon transatlantic before June 13,  Celebrity will most likely start new reservations for the November 9, 2024 cruise after the June 13 deadline.  

We were booked on the November 3 cruise and transferred our reservation yesterday to the November 9 sailing from Lisbon.