CoVid on Emerald P

Mike45LC

2 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Captain announced yesterday that we have respiratory illnesses that resemble CoVid.  Suddenly lots of masks being worn.  

Could it be RSV?  Should be winding down now.  Covid is still around, unfortunately.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Captain announced yesterday that we have respiratory illnesses that resemble CoVid.  Suddenly lots of masks being worn.  

Hope you’re able to stay safe and healthy! 

10 minutes ago, eclue said:

There was  alot of covid on the emerald on the Panama canal trip that ended on May 4th in L.A.....all those little tables outside the doors of isolation cabins.

"We" are back to covid being reported on longer cruises.  Both Panama Canal and Hawaii are 2 week cruises.  A lot of incubation during those days.  I am expecting that the one week cruise to San Francisco will have b2b passengers who were exposed to Covid...

Covid has mutated to a lessor illness, but it still can be harmful for those at risk.  I hope all passengers are looking out for themselves and those around them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eclue said:

There was  alot of covid on the emerald on the Panama canal trip that ended on May 4th in L.A.....all those little tables outside the doors of isolation cabins.

Oh, is that what those little tables mean??  Three in my corridor.

Disembarked from Majestic on Saturday. Never saw any little tables in the hallways.

Let down my guard and didn't mask up in the elevators...tested positive on Wednesday, fifth day being home. Didn't fly. Friends that I travelled with also have one person with similar symptoms. Two out of five. This is my first COVID encounter. UGH.

Felt tired and achy, then the cough started and the fever...on Monday.

Hope it doesn't last too long! Wear those masks....couldn't hurt!

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Mike45LC I'm boarding the Emerald in 9 days. Can I still get masks through the app (shipboard amenities) or should I get some here & bring them?

Even if Emerald has them, I’d still bring some. Your steward can bring them to you also.  Some ships have reported a low amount at times of covid outbreaks.

Just be prepared.  JMHO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Oh, is that what those little tables mean??  Three in my corridor.

Could also be for people with the Flu. The Bronchial Infection/RSV isn't much fun. A month later and still some am coughing.

Guest ldtr

was on the transatlantic and British Isles cruise. Just like in the pre covid days the longer the cruise went on, the more coughing, sneezing, etc  went one . Some of it was probably covid since there were certainly some cases on board. When one boards a cruise ship you can expect covid and other URI viruses to be present to some degree.

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Mike45LC I'm boarding the Emerald in 9 days. Can I still get masks through the app (shipboard amenities) or should I get some here & bring them?

Guest services will give you a mask if you request one.

We have cruised a lot since covid and always bring our own.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

The cabin stewards left a five-pack of masks in each cabin.  But I had brought a supply of my own.

1 minute ago, Mike45LC said:
10 hours ago, Ombud said:

The cabin stewards left a five-pack of masks in each cabin.  But I had brought a supply of my own.

Thank you. That will be really helpful. I have some but not enough for 21 days and trying to use up my supply. 

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thank you. That will be really helpful. I have some but not enough for 21 days and trying to use up my supply. 

I try and change out my masks once a week but we really only use them in public bathrooms and crowded buses unless there is a huge outbreak 

Edited by memoak

18 hours ago, eclue said:

We were on that cruise and never heard any mention of covid onboard by the captain or crew. I did see 2-3 tables per deck in front of doors and some people were coughing in public areas more near the end of the voyage but I wouldn’t consider that to be a indicative of a “lot” of cases. For him to speak of it over the PA system on the Hawaii voyage I’d say things must have changed two weeks later. 

I’m curious where you heard that. 

Edited by gottagocit