Xpress Pass

gotcha3

This is kind of a first world question, but I was wondering. I assume the info on your Xpress Pass documents will be the same as on your SeaPass card (room key). That being said, would the SeaPass of an Elite Plus guest show Elite Plus, or just Elite? Thank you, G3

I don't think your CC status shows up on the Seapass card.....but it's been a while since we've sailed. Plus, why would they put that on your card and what difference does it make?

3 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I don't think your CC status shows up on the Seapass card.....but it's been a while since we've sailed. Plus, why would they put that on your card and what difference does it make?

Doesn't make ANY difference. I was just asking the question, sorry to have disturbed your sensibilities!

• Like 2

We are Elite Plus and I can confirm that our express pass for our upcoming cruise includes "Elite Plus".  I also looked back at a picture of our seapass and there is a place for Captain's Club status and it says Elite Plus also.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers
Added more info.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gotcha3 said:

Doesn't make ANY difference. I was just asking the question, sorry to have disturbed your sensibilities!

Wow, someone needs a vacation!

I just don't get why people feel the need to flaunt their status...especially when you admit it makes NO difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, gotcha3 said:

This is kind of a first world question, but I was wondering. I assume the info on your Xpress Pass documents will be the same as on your SeaPass card (room key). That being said, would the SeaPass of an Elite Plus guest show Elite Plus, or just Elite? Thank you, G3

Your CC tier level is on both your Xpress pass and your SeaPass card. In your case it should be Elite Plus. If it's not correct on your SeaPass card go speak with the CC concierge once on board. 

1 minute ago, CaroleSS said:

I just don't get why people feel the need to flaunt their status...especially when you admit it makes NO difference.

Having the correct CC tier level on your SeaPass card has nothing to do with flaunting.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Actually they do, at least on Royal.  My SeaPass from April says "Emerald".  They do that because certain offers are preloaded on your card, depending on your loyalty status.  For example, on Royal, Diamond members get 4 free drinks loaded on their SeaPass.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

2 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

It's not quite flaunting status.  Different CC levels get different perks and events.  The status is on the card so the host/hostess can quickly note that you are eligible to attend.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I agree, I don’t care if my SeaPass card says Elite - as long as it says Suite Guest in large lettering.  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Seriously?????

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

two reasons I can think of off the top of my head

1. Shows that you qualify for Admittance to Elite level events such as breakfast 

2. Shows server what level you are when you order elite Happy Hour drinks

• Like 2

Just now, cruisestitch said:

1. Shows that you qualify for Admittance to Elite level events such as breakfast 

So pure snobbery?

12 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

So pure snobbery?

Not at all.  Different Captains Club levels come with different features.

It saves on embarrassment and hassle when a passenger attempts to enter an event that isn’t for them.

Similarly, some cards are color-coded. It shows the maître d’ immediately that a non-Aqua guest is trying to dine at blue because their card is the wrong color.

Same for going to the Concierge lunch.  The personnel at the door can see right away that you have a gold-colored key card and admit you to the lunch.

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You will especially experience this if you go to the breakfast on the first few days. The Captains Club host doesn’t know all of the eligible members by sight yet, so you are asked to show your Sea pass card.  If it doesn’t say elite or higher, you will be politely told that the event is not for you. Otherwise, the host would have to look up everyone’s names to determine who can attend.  It’s much easier to have the Captains Club level shown on the seat pass card.

And just to be clear, you are not required to attend that breakfast but if you choose to it’s a nice way to start your morning

20 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Not at all.  Different Captains Club levels come with different features.

It saves on embarrassment and hassle when a passenger attempts to enter an event that isn’t for them.

Similarly, some cards are color-coded. It shows the maître d’ immediately that a non-Aqua guest is trying to dine at blue because their card is the wrong color.

Same for going to the Concierge lunch.  The personnel at the door can see right away that you have a gold-colored key card and admit you to the lunch.

👍

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

It's not quite flaunting status.  Different CC levels get different perks and events.  The status is on the card so the host/hostess can quickly note that you are eligible to attend.

Agree. We are always impressed how quickly the CC concierge(s) recognizes people and no longer required to show our SeaPass cards during the cruise for the different events.  

Edited by davekathy

I’m a first time cruiser, so I have 0 points and no status.  I sure hope I don’t accidentally try to go to a restricted event. Lol, that would be embarrassing!  So there is a breakfast event, what else should I be on the look out for?  

3 minutes ago, Octavias said:

I’m a first time cruiser, so I have 0 points and no status.  I sure hope I don’t accidentally try to go to a restricted event. Lol, that would be embarrassing!  So there is a breakfast event, what else should I be on the look out for?  

Any signage at the entrance of any venue that says something to the effect that's it's a elite, elite plus and zenith event. The elite and above continental breakfast is not held in the MDR or the Oceanview Cafe. 

• Like 1

Well, very occasionally tge breakfast is in the MDR.  It was on  Millennium last month.  Because there were too many Elite and above to use Tuscan.  It was just for one cruise, and the signage was clear.  Also there was a doorkeeper.