Long Time Celebrity Cruiser

My DW and I have sailed exclusively in Suites on Celebrity and RCCL for many cruises. While we enjoyed our last two cruises on Celebrity, which were both in Royal Suites we were disappointed with level of service in what they now call the Retreat area and the quality of the dining.  Therefore, we are considering trying a new line for our next cruise.  We sail in suites not so much for the extra space, while that is nice, but we like the all inclusive aspect of it.  I would just rather pay for everything up front and from my research so far it seems Regent is pretty much all inclusive. Also, we are used to having a dedicated butler  or a genie on RCCL who provides a high level of personalized service. So I am hoping to hear from others who have sailed on Celebrity and or RCCL,  if the Regent  concept really is all inclusive and if not, what am I missing.  Second, is the level of service on-board comparable given there are no butlers.  Finally, I would appreciate anyone who has sailed on both lines providing their opinions on advantages and disadvantages of one line compared to the other.

34 minutes ago, Relaxinginthesun said:

My DW and I have sailed exclusively in Suites on Celebrity and RCCL for many cruises. While we enjoyed our last two cruises on Celebrity, which were both in Royal Suites we were disappointed with level of service in what they now call the Retreat area and the quality of the dining.  Therefore, we are considering trying a new line for our next cruise.  We sail in suites not so much for the extra space, while that is nice, but we like the all inclusive aspect of it.  I would just rather pay for everything up front and from my research so far it seems Regent is pretty much all inclusive. Also, we are used to having a dedicated butler  or a genie on RCCL who provides a high level of personalized service. So I am hoping to hear from others who have sailed on Celebrity and or RCCL,  if the Regent  concept really is all inclusive and if not, what am I missing.  Second, is the level of service on-board comparable given there are no butlers.  Finally, I would appreciate anyone who has sailed on both lines providing their opinions on advantages and disadvantages of one line compared to the other.

I have not sailed on Celebrity but wanted to correct one statement.  Many Regent cabins do have butlers. 

Hope that I can help a little bit with your query. We are elite plus on Celebrity having done the majority of cruises on them along with the occasional cruises on other lines, we had a month in a suite last year on Celebrity and felt both the food and the whole experience had declined somewhat since our last voyage so like you looked for a change. We went on our first Regent cruise earlier this year and loved every moment of it, the staff without exception  were incredible and went out of their way to make sure you had a wonderful experience. Food is always subjective but to me the quality was far superior to that found on Celebrity and plenty of choice for even the fussiest of people, we have already booked our next Regent cruise as sailing with Celebrity again no longer appeals.

• Like 4

Our first cruise ever was on Regent about 12 years ago, followed by two Celebrity cruises.  We have since done 4 more Regent cruises.  We like the smaller boat,  better food,  no showing of a badge to get a drink, etc.   Never had a butler,  but we will next year.   So we have stuck with Regent, we like the product, overall.  

• Like 3

We are longtime Regent cruisers. We book PH suites, with butler. Sailed on Celebrity in a Royal Suite on Equinox. Had a butler and special dining. 
It cannot compare. Regent is hands down… the best! 
Butlers on Regent are much more experienced and attentive. 
Specialty restaurants have better choices and are much more delicious. 
Suites are more luxurious. 
In every category, Regent does it better!

We will continue to sail on Regent. However, during the summer, we will book a Celebrity Cruise because we do not fly and Regent has no cruises out of Florida, returning to Florida. 
sheila

• Like 3

We are Regent fans. Cruises with them is really all inclusive, (laundry, drinks, specialty restaurants, room service, excursions to name a few) The items not included are some excursions, top, top shelf liquor, boutique and spa. 
Check out the cabin sizes, they are great. 
We have not been on Celebrity, so can’t co. 

• Like 2

We have done both Celebrity suites and Regent cruises. By far Regent is the better choice and when i ran the numbers when comparing the 2, Regent actually came out the better deal.

We enjoyed our Celebrity cruises. We picked them because they had the itineraries we wanted and Regent didn't. I don't think we would go back to Celebrity as i don't see them having an itinerary that was so much better than Regent that it could outweigh the superior experience on Regent. 

We had a butler on 1 Celebrity cruise and it was a waste. We don't book that level of suite on Regent as we are happy in the suites without one. 

• Like 2

Just got off the Solstice in a royal suite, the service and food was very good, however 3000 passengers doesn't compare with 750.  We enjoyed our cruise but sure our next cruise on the Explorer in only a concierge suite will be better  We have over 200 nights on Regent and almost a hundred on Celebrity.

Compare prices on what is included and Regent can be a better value.

• Like 2

I can only echo the comments here. We are longtime Celebrity suite cruisers that have now taken our last two cruises on Regent. We find the experience superior in most every way. We also find it cheaper if you count the inclusions. We sailed on the Explorer in a Concierge cabin and Voyager in a Penthouse. Honestly the Explorer's cabin was better, but the butler in the Penthouse suite really made any celebrity butler pale by comparison.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 4:02 PM, kentlady said:

Hope that I can help a little bit with your query. We are elite plus on Celebrity having done the majority of cruises on them along with the occasional cruises on other lines, we had a month in a suite last year on Celebrity and felt both the food and the whole experience had declined somewhat since our last voyage so like you looked for a change. We went on our first Regent cruise earlier this year and loved every moment of it, the staff without exception  were incredible and went out of their way to make sure you had a wonderful experience. Food is always subjective but to me the quality was far superior to that found on Celebrity and plenty of choice for even the fussiest of people, we have already booked our next Regent cruise as sailing with Celebrity again no longer appeals.

Ditto.

• Like 1

FWIW, we were long time Celebrity cruisers, too.  So much so that we were “Elite”.  Now that we have discovered Regent, I want all that money back.  I am attaching below, my trip report on our first R cruise, in which I draw many comparisons to Celebrity.  If you care to read it, it might help you with your concerns.

Joanie

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Joanie, 

Thanks so much for your March 22 review comparing Regent and X experiences.  I remember you from the X board.  We have only done X so far but have also noticed some decline.  Your review is very helpful.  We are booked on our first Regent cruise this coming December.  Starting to get excited!

Ellen

• Like 1