Norwaylady goes b2b in the Mediterranean on Infinity 24.5-10.6.23 LIVE

Norwaylady

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Thank you for the review on Infinity’s condition. As you may remember from an earlier post I have been dithering on booking…I am much reassured.

Booking in place now and looking forward to my first ‘semi solo cruise’…We are booked in the PH so I don’t think we will miss the Retreat deck. We had also been concerned about the lack of speciality restaurants but your MDR pictures have made my feel that the Luminae menu can be well supplemented…

Sincere thanks again!

The food has really been good, its only minor things that has not been perfect food wise.

All fish has arrived perfectly cooked and not dry. So really happy camper for this. And the few times I have walked in the buffet for late lunch. All salads and things has looked fresh and tasted good. (I have to confess, I was so hungry after one of the tour days, I needed to have something before dinner. So I picked up a pice of pizza, vegetar. It was very good in taste and crispy thin, just as I prefer it) So they have really been up to par. 

All my poached eggs has arrived perfectly boiled.

Compared to MDR on Eclipse on our Hawaii adventure, this was excellent and 5 points better. There it was hit or miss, and more miss than hit😆. But the evening buffet, together by the crew was very nice🙃(since we had some nights dinner there.)

SIL during easter was not bad, but some more "hit or miss" in MDR and the buffet was far more repetitive than on INF. 

Even if I dont eat buffet, I do pay attention of what they offer. And they served a new country/area every day for lunch and dinner. (if you read the cruise compass it was listed)  So it was one day Greek, German, Mediterranean, Mexican etc. 

This is something I feel they are so much better on in M-class ships.

When we sailed Milli just before the dry-dock in Japan/asia. They delivered a smashing teamed buffet everyday for lunch. It was really great. 

And I feel that INF is trying to keep this good thing!

I now that Mr would have been a very happy camper😍

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Maybe I will start the show from Rome to Singapore and then @Jim_Iain will do a excellent live from Singapore to Sydney🤩 ( I know they are booked when I get off🤗😌)  

Time will tell…….🥰

That is an absolutely wonderful idea. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 5:53 AM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Great review…thanks so much for making the effort.  I’m sitting here in “dry dock”waiting for a kidney transplant…5 years+ in dialysis and will hopefully return to cruising shortly.  Reading reviews like yours lets me live vicariously, keeps me informed and hopeful for a future on the sea!  Thanks again.

Have you heard of Dialysis at Sea? We met a lovely young woman at the beach in St. Maarten a few years back off the Equinox.  She was by herself (sitting on a Celebrity towel) and struggling to leave her possessions sitting on the lounger to take a dip in the water.  We told her we would look after her stuff and ended up having a nice conversation about how/why she was onboard.  She was one of the technicians.

https://www.dialysisatsea.com/

30 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

Have you heard of Dialysis at Sea? We met a lovely young woman at the beach in St. Maarten a few years back off the Equinox.  She was by herself (sitting on a Celebrity towel) and struggling to leave her possessions sitting on the lounger to take a dip in the water.  We told her we would look after her stuff and ended up having a nice conversation about how/why she was onboard.  She was one of the technicians.

https://www.dialysisatsea.com/

Yes, thank you, I have heard of dialysis at sea.  The logistics of getting down to Florida and pacing my treatments is just too much for me to worry about.  I’ve had other medical problems on top of this.  This is the first summer in 6 years that I haven’t been in surgery.  I’ve survived heart failure, colon cancer, 9 inches of my colon removed, kidney failure, dialysis 4 hour sessions 3 times per week, triple bypass, 6 trips to OR for vascular surgery, upper GI bleeding and now I will undergo a kidney transplant.  The transplant will be my 15th trip to the OR in 6 years.  Good grief…I haven’t had enough spare time to take a cruise even if I was able…LOL.  Hopefully I’ll get the kidney in 2023 and 2024 will be my year to cruise once again.  To all of you out there…count your blessings!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Yes, thank you, I have heard of dialysis at sea.  The logistics of getting down to Florida and pacing my treatments is just too much for me to worry about.  I’ve had other medical problems on top of this.  This is the first summer in 6 years that I haven’t been in surgery.  I’ve survived heart failure, colon cancer, 9 inches of my colon removed, kidney failure, dialysis 4 hour sessions 3 times per week, triple bypass, 6 trips to OR for vascular surgery, upper GI bleeding and now I will undergo a kidney transplant.  The transplant will be my 15th trip to the OR in 6 years.  Good grief…I haven’t had enough spare time to take a cruise even if I was able…LOL.  Hopefully I’ll get the kidney in 2023 and 2024 will be my year to cruise once again.  To all of you out there…count your blessings!  

It sounds like you have paid your dues.  My fingers are crossed for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Yes, there is a point where the logistics of cruising can outweigh the pleasure. We have had to cancel a few cruises over the years either because of my health or my husband’s. Each time we have cancelled, however, we have booked another for the soonest opportunity! 

Totally agree to always thinking positive and every day I count my blessings for the wonderful cruises we have enjoyed.

Sincere best wishes for the future!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

What a journey you have been and continue to be on.  Hoping that it will be smooth sailings after our next procedure and you can just sit back, or stand and run, and enjoy life.  We should all be thankful for all our blessings--big and small.

19 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

What an amazing attitude. Sending best wishes and thanks for reminding us to count our blessings!

3 hours ago, Redking said:

What an amazing attitude. Sending best wishes and thanks for reminding us to count our blessings!

Thank you one and all.  My best advice…keep moving…one foot in front of the other

keep your head down…and don’t look back.  The battle continues!  

• Like 2