Tendering process on Princess

mgcharleston

Guest ldtr
1 hour ago, mgcharleston said:

That is great to know! Those are two of the ports I am concerned about. I appreciate the insight that tickets can be collected at the Photo Gallery (random spot!) and that's where I can go to check on them. Every line and, it appears most ships within the line, have different procedures so thank you for the heads up!

At Holyhead we had a tour with Busybus at 8. The ship anchored at 7. We got our tickets as soon as they started issuing them. Was on the first tender. Did not make it to shore until 7:45.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

How can I determine which ports on my future itinerary are tender ports?  That information would be useful in deciding whether or not to book a Princess excursion rather than go private.

TIA

It will be clearly stated on the itinerary. Princess' new term is "Water Shuttle."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skynight said:

It will be clearly stated on the itinerary. Princess' new term is "Water Shuttle."

My itinerary doesn't show any water shuttles.  My itinerary has 8 ports, it doesn't show anything about the ports other than the times.  Does this mean all of my ports will be at a pier? 

Thank you for responding to my question.

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

My itinerary doesn't show any water shuttles.  My itinerary has 8 ports, it doesn't show anything about the ports other than the times.  Does this mean all of my ports will be at a pier? 

Thank you for responding to my question.

If your itinerary does not show water shuttle then there isn't any. Here is an example of the text water shuttle will be used.

Grand Cayman, Cayman IslandsView excursions in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands on Friday, March 1st 2024

( Water Shuttle Required, Wheelchair Access Limited )
  • Thanks 1

Elite go to a predetermined waiting room and have preferred boarding initially back filling excursions, no tickets needed. Everyone else waits .... and waits ... and waits with a ticket to get off

And yes they checked when staff walked us down 

Effective: 6/9/23

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
32 minutes ago, jtwind said:

What is the latest on where and when one can get a tender ticket for a private excursion, as early as possible?  I will be on Regal.  Thanks.

You have to follow the instructions provided on your specific sailing.  On Royal Class ships, I've heard tender ticket distribution being done anywhere from the sushi bar to the Photo Gallery.  Even though passengers are told not to, there are people already lining up an hour before the designated start time.  If you want to be off ASAP, I'd be one of those people.  Depending on the crew handling the ticket distribution, they may only give one per passenger, meaning your entire party would have to be in line.  On some occasions, they will give one person tickets for the entire party.

Have to admit it's been years since I've had to obtain a tender ticket, but only listen to the announcements/read the Patter.

On Discovery a couple of weeks ago it was Vista lounge for the masses and one of the main dining rooms for Elite and Suite passengers. Your entire party needs to be present and each person gets an individual ticket. The line up heading into the Vista lounge started a good 45 minutes prior to the announced time when ticket distribution was to begin and snaked all the way down the walkway past Princess Live. It was chaos. Priority tendering is still one of the Elite benefits that offers real value!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jtwind said:

Do they distribute the tickets the day before the tender port?  Typically, what time?  Where is the best place to find this info?

No, Same day only. There will be a notice in the events listing of where you need to go for your tender ticket, which Princess calls water shuttle. If you want to be one of the first off the ship your entire party all together goes there and gets in line. First in line receive the earliest number tickets. The first tenders are used for those on early ship tours. Elites and full suite passengers also receive priority tendering which is mixed in with others. At some point in the morning there will be an announcement that tender tickets are no longer required and you can just report to the pontoon. That point may be two to three hours after arrival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Priority tendering is still one of the Elite benefits that offers real value!

Right now it is, but not if they decide include priority tendering into their Plus or Premier package.

At that point it's true value will decline somewhat as 70 % of the ship seems to be buying into one of them.

11 hours ago, skynight said:

No, Same day only

Tender tickets were handed out the night before for Moorea last March. We were on the Crown. Info was posted in the Patter.

13 hours ago, jtwind said:

Do they distribute the tickets the day before the tender port?  Typically, what time?  Where is the best place to find this info?

We were able to get tender tickets for Moorea the night before. Meeting place was at  Captains Circle Desk. I believe time was 5pm. I got there a 1/2hr before and was #1 in line. This was on the Crown last April.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:23 AM, Roberto256 said:

That's not a monkey wrench.

That's simply how to cheat.

By you cheating, you are stealing time from people who are following the rules.

On Princess, you would probably just get some dirty looks.  On some other cruise lines,

you might well enjoy a fist fight.

This is one area where princess can learn from other cruise lines.

And with regard to your other comment ... just take the elevator.

Often there is an officer on the tender deck checking people coming out of the elevator to bust the self-important cheaters.

Some one needs to resurrect the thread:

"What kind of people will I meet on a princess cruise?"

... as this is a good example.

Agree totally.  Typical behavior of entitled people who feel the rules only apply to others.  Also, the elevators are usually reserved for those who need extra assistance with mobility.

Makes you wonder what they would do in regards to lifeboat drills if there was ever a serious emergency on a ship and there had to be an evacuation.

Our experience is that getting off a Princess ship to tour a port is never really a super time consuming event.

Just relax people and follow staff directions and procedures.

Edited by PrincessLuver