No more Future Cruise Deposit ☹️

MCC retired

18 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Does this apply to American passengers as well?

Are there no special or additional incentives to book another cruise onboard?

We booked on board last year and got fully refundable, low deposite and about $300 OBC PP 

1 hour ago, lissie said:

We booked on board last year and got fully refundable, low deposite and about $300 OBC PP 

We did exactly the same last October for our December 2023 TA. I doubt that sort of transaction will go away. It’s a booking, not an FCC.

FCD = Futur

47 minutes ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

We did exactly the same last October for our December 2023 TA. I doubt that sort of transaction will go away. It’s a booking, not an FCC.

FCD = future cruise deposit

FCC = future cruise credit 

Currently on QM2 and you still get same OBC benefit if you book onboard. With regards to FCDs they were stopped for UK cruisers some time ago after cruising restarted after COVID but was still being sold to US cruiser's. About time there was a level playing field. Next should be free drinks package and gratuities that US cruiser's get when booking Grill suites but UK cruisers don't. Totally unfair.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Next should be free drinks package and gratuities that US cruiser's get when booking Grill suites but UK cruisers don't. Totally unfair.

I totally agree with your statement that this Grills benefit should be extended to all. However, I believe that our (US) fare is higher than the UK fare so it kinda evens out. The Grills fares seem less expensive when I use the UK site. 
I’ll be glad to be corrected on this assumption. 

22 hours ago, NE John said:

I totally agree with your statement that this Grills benefit should be extended to all. However, I believe that our (US) fare is higher than the UK fare so it kinda evens out. The Grills fares seem less expensive when I use the UK site. 
I’ll be glad to be corrected on this assumption. 

They might be higher prices due to currency fluctuations but certainly not higher to cover $75 per day and $16-50 per day on gratuities. That is a total price of over $1300 and I don't think US cruise prices are that higher than UK prices. Should either both get it or neither IMO.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:50 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

An additional USA benefit, not available to UK bookers, this is being able to “reprice” if the fare reduces.

That is available, of course, only up to the time of final payment.

The last two times we did that I found it wasn't as easy as before. At one time Cunard would simply re-price when requested by our agent. But for those two recent times we had to cancel and re-book. The deposits (both of which were future cruise deposits) were refunded back to our account and we started again.

One time our chosen stateroom was changed and on the other occasion it disappeared from the booking and we were marked as a "guarantee." We did manage to get the stateroom back both times.

If they are still selling FCDs to US cruiser's then I am afraid it stinks that Cunard are still selling them but stopped UK cruiser's purchasing them 2 yrs ago. Along with free drinks package and gratuities for those in Grills which US cruiser's get but UK cruiser's don't shows the contempt Cunard show and treat UK customers.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

If they are still selling FCDs to US cruiser's then I am afraid it stinks that Cunard are still selling them but stopped UK cruiser's purchasing them 2 yrs ago. Along with free drinks package and gratuities for those in Grills which US cruiser's get but UK cruiser's don't shows the contempt Cunard show and treat UK customers.

Not contempt.

More a different market place.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

FCD's are still available to purchase for US residents and also for Japanese residents @ $300 

just had this confirmed via  corporate sales manager Carnival House. 

I hope Cunard will still sell them to Canadians who are handled through the US office.  Because we pay our fares in Canadian $ the FCDs are priced in the same. The last ones we bought cost $390. I will find out in about three weeks when we are on board the QE.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shippmates said:

MCC Retired  Not sure why you were told that.  Did you speak with Charlotte or the new gentlemen that is just training for this position.

Called the phone # (Purser) listed to make an appointment with the Future Cruise desk ,  was told FCD no longer available. Also no mention of FCD in daily activities or forms outside of Future Cruise desk , so I did not go farther.