Hotels near Southampton for overnight stay before cruise ?

Don't know about any hotel offering free car parking in Southampton. Premier Inn West Quay is Wheelchair Accessible nearest car par is West Quay just to the side and is £5 for 23hrs and if you park after 6PM it went down to £3 not sure if that still is the case. I have also heard Holiday Inn is quite good but never stayed.

Thank you for your helpful replies and will look at the options suggested. We have booked two weeks parking with CPS and just want to break up the journey to Southampton with an overnight stay before the cruise, so a short trip on the embarkation day would be ok. We don't mind Premier Inns for one night as we've generally found them ok.

Looking forward to the first holiday abroad since 2019!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I would class Winchester as nearby to Southampton  ,just 1/2 hour away 19 mile.

So would be looking at Premier inn, comes with free parking .

The current M3 roadworks do make Winchester less attractive as an overnight stay, probably better to find somewhere south of the M3/M27 junction.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Not sure if OP was asking about parking for the cruise.  We are staying at Elizabeth House Hotel.  Parking on site and not that expensive.

Have you stayed here before jeanlyon ? I’m looking for a alternative to the holiday inn and Leonardo royal where we usually stay - Elizabeth looks nice.

thanks

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

Have you stayed here before jeanlyon ? I’m looking for a alternative to the holiday inn and Leonardo royal where we usually stay - Elizabeth looks nice.

thanks

No I haven't but someone else on here recommended it a while back.  Looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

We normally stay at New Place Hotel in Sherrill Heath outside Southampton and will be back there in October. 

In April we stayed at the Hilton Ageas Bowl Southampton, lovely hotel and would recommend both hotels. 

Both hotels have good cruise packages which include parking. 

New Place we book direct with the hotel and Ageas Bowl we booked via Holiday Extras. 

On 5/24/2023 at 10:59 AM, paulatsea said:

thanks

We have stayed at Elizabeth House Hotel but not pre-cruise.  The room and breakfast was fine but was not impressed with the parking.  When there was a space, some were really difficult to get into as there was a mature tree to avoid and cars parked at different angles and even double parked (blocking in cruise parkers).  

Catherine

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KforKitty said:

We have stayed at Elizabeth House Hotel but not pre-cruise.  The room and breakfast was fine but was not impressed with the parking.  When there was a space, some were really difficult to get into as there was a mature tree to avoid and cars parked at different angles and even double parked (blocking in cruise parkers).  

Catherine

Thanks - yes I also read about the parking issues in some of the reviews on booking.com.

We have decided to try the pilgrim inn in marchwood/hythe.

Do you know if the cruise in Southampton will leave from the cruise terminal or the Princess QE terminal which is further away from the National Express Bus station in Southampton. Our plan is to take National Express Bus from LHR to Southampton. We plan to get a hotel in Southampton (hopefully under $150) for one night to avoid the possibility of airline delays from California to LHR. I remember IKEA was near the bus station, but never walked into the city center. Any recommendations????

1 hour ago, Amado and Judy said:

Do you know if the cruise in Southampton will leave from the cruise terminal or the Princess QE terminal which is further away from the National Express Bus station in Southampton.

It depends on which cruise you're on. The Southampton cruise ship schedule will tell you which berth is planned for your sailing, and the port map will show you which terminal that corresponds to.

3 hours ago, Globaliser said:

It depends on which cruise you're on. The Southampton cruise ship schedule will tell you which berth is planned for your sailing, and the port map will show you which terminal that corresponds to.

I checked the website for an up-to-date version of that map.

The map you linked is the Port Authority's most up-to-date one !!!!!!

Wakey wakey,  ABP 

For those sailing out of Horizon Cruise Terminal who can't see the place, it's berths 103/4, between City and Mayflower Terminals.

And no, it won't stink of decayed bananas, it's a spanking new terminal building opened in 2021.

JB 🙂