50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

14 minutes ago, lostchild said:

Book all my excursions and saved $500.  Just want to thank OP again for starting this thread.   So far saved close to $800 on our cruise.  Now if they will have 50% off on Zero Proof drink package....

The reduced excursions prices seem to be ok. Just commenting on the sudden increase in the retail price of drink packages after the Memorial Day sale started yesterday.

Edited by coaster

4 minutes ago, coaster said:

The reduced excursions prices seem to be ok. Just commenting on the sudden increase in the retail price of drink packages after the Memorial Day sale started yesterday.

For those who want to dine in specialty restaurants most nights, there are some good deals.  On our 14 nighter, there's a flash sale up to 9 dinners, including gratuities, it's just under $300 or $32.88/dinner or just about half of the standard cover charge

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

For those who want to dine in specialty restaurants most nights, there are some good deals.  On our 14 nighter, there's a flash sale up to 9 dinners, including gratuities, it's just under $300 or $32.88/dinner or just about half of the standard cover charge

Some say it was only suppose a flash sale for new bookings starting May 24th. Just a finger pointing session now within different Celebrity departments for now. Who knows if this is a mistake or not at this point?

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, coaster said:

Some say it was only suppose a flash sale for new bookings starting May 24th. Just a finger pointing session now within different Celebrity departments for now. Who knows if this is a mistake or not at this point?

In the flash sale T&Cs things like 40% off wifi are specifically mentioned...Sale may have gone live too soon, though

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I would do that.  Specialty res are not available yet for my cruise.  Would we be able to get a reservation before 8 or 9?

37 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

In the flash sale T&Cs things like 40% off wifi are specifically mentioned...Sale may have gone live too soon, though

Leave it up to the passengers already booked to decipher if it is a mistake going live too soon or not? Poor business practice at this point. Should not have all these issues and the need to call to question pricing.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I would do that.  Specialty res are not available yet for my cruise.  Would we be able to get a reservation before 8 or 9?

Doubtful you'll be able make an early reservation.  The trick is to talk to the M'D/asst M'D and get on their no-show/wait list during a timeframe that works.  You might not get one the same evening but probably will the next night; that's my experience.  Additionally, we usually dine in Blu, on our last sailing we were talking about booking a specialty, the M'D was making her rounds, overheard us and offered to make the reservation.  We didn't know they could do that and to our surprise they got us a 6pm reservation which wasn't an option in the app

I wonder if the MDR M'D or other specialty restaurant M'D can get timeslots you can't get in the app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

I will check the excursion prices on Monday.  They are still muffed up.  Some way underpriced,  some way overpriced,  and some right priced.

I saw that yesterday!   Some tour shows $300+ but when you actually click and open it, it would be $68.   Others shows $68 on the search page but when clicked open it would be $198.    I just ignored the search front page pricing and follow the inside actual pricing.   That's the price you get when you add to cart anyway.  I think they may have messed up because some of the tours I book were very reasonable after the 35% off.   I wonder if the tour operators agreed to this price discount or Celebrity's cut is more than 35% off and they just not profit much from it.

9 hours ago, jamieben said:

Have you made any phone calls? Debating whether it's worth it to attempt to speak to someone through the Captain's Club

Best bet IME is to email the CEO.  CC are phone reps, knowledgeable but no access to CEO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Prices are back down to yesterday prices for the drink packages 

Taken a couple minutes ago in CAD 

IMG_5622.thumb.png.5d2d36d53a17502d04734da953aa529c.png

I just logged into my cruise planner and they are still showing $149.00 so it appears they are NOT back to yesterdays pricing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lostchild said:

I saw that yesterday!   Some tour shows $300+ but when you actually click and open it, it would be $68.   Others shows $68 on the search page but when clicked open it would be $198.    I just ignored the search front page pricing and follow the inside actual pricing.   That's the price you get when you add to cart anyway.  I think they may have messed up because some of the tours I book were very reasonable after the 35% off.   I wonder if the tour operators agreed to this price discount or Celebrity's cut is more than 35% off and they just not profit much from it.

Here is a $100 excursion selling for $2400.  This is after I clicked on the main page.

I have also booked $200 excursions selling for $50...

image.thumb.png.a8b088d145e3b3c4e50a53998638571a.png

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I just logged into my cruise planner and they are still showing $149.00 so it appears they are NOT back to yesterdays pricing. 

Just look up on top to the right.  It shows when the price will roll back.  Look for the banner:

Price Rollback In: 05D ...

Just now, lostchild said:

Just look up on top to the right.  It shows when the price will roll back.  Look for the banner:

Price Rollback In: 05D ...

That is when the sale ends. The issue at hand is that yesterday with the 50% off sale, the premium beverage package was showing $109.00 and on sale for $53.99. Today, the price MAGICALLY changed to $149.00 and on sale for $73.99. Now perhaps Celebrity had been planning to jack the prices and it was supposed to happen in conjunction with this sale but they messed up and started the sale at one price and then changed it mid sale. I am curious to see what the beverage package price becomes when this sale ends.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, neverlaysup said:

That is when the sale ends. The issue at hand is that yesterday with the 50% off sale, the premium beverage package was showing $109.00 and on sale for $53.99. Today, the price MAGICALLY changed to $149.00 and on sale for $73.99. Now perhaps Celebrity had been planning to jack the prices and it was supposed to happen in conjunction with this sale but they messed up and started the sale at one price and then changed it mid sale. I am curious to see what the beverage package price becomes when this sale ends.

That's what I mean.  The inflated price will last until the sales ends.    They could just blame it on IT and MAGICALLY fix it after sales end.   They can't have a drink package priced at $149 a day.   That's 37% increase in pricing for drinks.  Not to mention, most people can't drink that much liquid per day.  If drink is between $10 to $17, you would have to drink 9 to 15 drinks per day.   That's between half gallon to 1 gallon of alcoholic drinks per day.   

Just now, lostchild said:

That's what I mean.  The inflated price will last until the sales ends.    They could just blame it on IT and MAGICALLY fix it after sales end.   They can't have a drink package priced at $149 a day.   That's 37% increase in pricing for drinks.  Not to mention, most people can't drink that much liquid per day.  If drink is between $10 to $17, you would have to drink 9 to 15 drinks per day.   That's between half gallon to 1 gallon of alcoholic drinks per day.   

Perhaps they shouldn't have tried to insult our intelligence and just advertised a 25% off sale.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Perhaps they shouldn't have tried to insult our intelligence and just advertised a 25% off sale.

Every week I have seen they have a 50% off or better sail on cruise prices.  There is always a sale.  This reminds me of the Going Out of Business Sales that businesses used to have for years on end.

Sleazy business practices.

Yet the people who jumped on the deal before they raised the prices got a rather good deal.

• Like 2

Nothing on sale for me in New Zealand for my May 2024 cruise.  Eye watering drinks packages prices though.  $284 NZD = $172 USD.  😩

Drink Packages

Product List

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Sorry , silly me , I made the mistake assuming Celebrity would sent me email with currency pricing that I booked the cruise with 

On 5/25/2023 at 11:42 PM, jamieben said:

Have you made any phone calls? Debating whether it's worth it to attempt to speak to someone through the Captain's Club

It's pretty clear that this scam is being run deliberately and not based on some IT error. Speaking to someone higher up is useless. I'd take it as a reason to spend even less money onboard than I usually do.

• Like 3

Question:  I purchased basic wifi for a cruise in October on Equinox.  The cheapest option for two devices was one person and two devices.

I see now, that I can "upgrade to premium wifi", but the only option it is giving me is to add it for me and the wife, which the website is letting me do.  I haven't purchased yet.  Will that work?

Also, why is the zero alcohol package only 5% off, when the others are 50%?  Geez, coudn't it at least  be 30% off?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jellal said:

I have the basic WiFi package with two device option. Does anyone know if I get the premium wifi upgrade voucher does it work on both devices? Thanks 

Is this the package that comes with AI or did you purchase this WiFi package on your own?