50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

9 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Frustrating for those of us with AI. You win some, you lose some.

Did you check the current price without AI to see if it's worth switching? Or is it too late?  I did not book AI for these cruises. Wasn't worth $80pp/pd. We can share one Internet package, and we don't drink enough to make it worthwhile (and will drink even less than we usually do without a package). Also, we'll be Elite+ as of these cruises, and I learned on our last sailing that we will be able to get free drinks at Cafe al Bacio with that, and that's all we really cared about.

8 hours ago, iTownPrincess said:

I already purchased the Zero Proof Package and can’t find any info in the Classic Package description that confirms Classic includes everything in Zero Proof, which is important to me. 

Can anyone with experience with the Classic and Premium packages tell me if all Zero Proof beverages are included? Thanks!

There is no discount on the Zero Proof package. Oh wait, there is... $2! Pathetic!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

There is no discount on the Zero Proof package. Oh wait, there is... $2! Pathetic!

Do the other packages have higher discounts, or do you just not have the sale prices for your cruise?

Just now, MisterBill99 said:

Do the other packages have higher discounts, or do you just not have the sale prices for your cruise?

The other packages with alcohol have 50% discount in my cruise planner. Which means Zero Proof costs $28/day, and Classic $44/day. Premium is $54/day.

There is someone on our roll call that was able to get their Captain's Club discount stacked with the Flash Sail discount for the premium Wi-Fi and drunk package today. Sounded like she had to fight for it. 

9 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

There is someone on our roll call that was able to get their Captain's Club discount stacked with the Flash Sail discount for the premium Wi-Fi and drunk package today. Sounded like she had to fight for it. 

Great for them and I'd imagine you'd have a better chance of getting exceptions if you're in a suite or are a Zenith.  This isn't surprising because often, different X reps say different things...The rep I spoke to told me their computer wouldn't even let him do, would require a supervisor to book it...I asked to speak to the supervisor, was put on hold, when they came back they said the supervisor said no because of the T&Cs...I explained I wanted to talk to them, they said there's nothing they can do as it's clearly in the T&Cs; perhaps I gave up too early

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I also noticed in the T&C's: "Wi-Fi provides up to 40% in savings and excludes Celebrity Infinity sailings", she seems to be the only ship excluded

Probably because the Internet hasn't been upgraded and is terrible! We were just on in February.

15 minutes ago, Funjoe said:

Unfortunately, this does not appear to apply to Canada as I don’t see anything in my planner. I checked last weekend for our Victoria Day holiday and no flash sale for us!

Not sure about that.  I’m in Canada and it’s showing for my three booked cruises. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Funjoe said:

Unfortunately, this does not appear to apply to Canada as I don’t see anything in my planner. I checked last weekend for our Victoria Day holiday and no flash sale for us!

I think it's based on your cruise, not where you live. When is your sailing? I don't have it for my September 2024 sailings and i'm in the US.

Edited by MisterBill99

3 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Also, worth checking your cruise price. I was able to save $200pp on a cruise I had booked for next September. I had been watching it since I booked it in February, and this is the first time the price had gone down (other than when they removed the $200 OBC and the price went down by the same amount). Had to give up the bonus $50 OBC (and an equal amounted from my TA due to the price decrease) but worth it to save $400. I suspect the $50 will come back for Memorial Day, but didn't want to take a chance on the price going back up. Could have saved another $100pp by switching to a guarantee, but I like my cabin.

The second cruise I had booked also went dow from the recent price, but not to less than the price I had it for (which had gone down two days after I booked, but I was still on the ship and had not assigned it to a TA, so I had the Next Cruise person who booked it reprice it).

I would echo the same. The SS1 fare for my August Greenland/Iceland cruise on Summit dropped by $4000 PER PERSON yesterday. Double occupancy went from $19600 (egregious) to $11600 (fair). I upgraded last night from a standard veranda for about $4500. That $4500 got me Retreat Access for a 12 day cruise, premium beverage instead of classic that I had with AI, as well as $1200 in OBC. This was a complete no-brainer for me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Funjoe said:

-I understand you checked today; it just went live so it wouldn't have showed up last weekend 

-If it's the Infinity it appears to be excluded from wifi

-On the US site it does exclude holiday sailings, perhaps if its a Canada sailing (not sure if it is) it excludes some Canada holidays

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

-I understand you checked today; it just went live so it wouldn't have showed up last weekend 

-If it's the Infinity it appears to be excluded from wifi

-On the US site it does exclude holiday sailings, perhaps if its a Canada sailing (not sure if it is) it excludes some Canada holidays

I think you misunderstood them. They looked for a sale last week because it was Victoria Day.

And which Canadian holiday cruises are considered holiday sailings???

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Great for them and I'd imagine you'd have a better chance of getting exceptions if you're in a suite or are a Zenith.  This isn't surprising because often, different X reps say different things...The rep I spoke to told me their computer wouldn't even let him do, would require a supervisor to book it...I asked to speak to the supervisor, was put on hold, when they came back they said the supervisor said no because of the T&Cs...I explained I wanted to talk to them, they said there's nothing they can do as it's clearly in the T&Cs; perhaps I gave up too early

She said that she ended up speaking to a supervisor.  Her results are definitely an outlier although maybe we need her to call Celebrity on our behalf.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I think you misunderstood them. They looked for a sale last week because it was Victoria Day.

And which Canadian holiday cruises are considered holiday sailings???

Correct I checked last weekend and again tonight and no deals for Apex Norwegian Fiords Jul 2024. Maybe there will be deals closer to sailing as the shore excursions are extremely expensive! 

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

The other packages with alcohol have 50% discount in my cruise planner. Which means Zero Proof costs $28/day, and Classic $44/day. Premium is $54/day.

Ok this is crazy. I just logged in again, and the prices for the alc packages jumped to $74/day Premium and $64/day Classic. Seems like X has just manipulated the base price for this.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The sale appears to be running from today through the 30th for sailings departing June 5, 2023 through May 27, 2024.

It does say June 5, but I am sailing on the Summit on June 4 and I am seeing those Flash Sale prices in my cruise planner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Frustrating for those of us with AI. You win some, you lose some.

It is more than frustrating it is infuriating, especially for AQ bookings.  I love AQ but can't book it cruise only. Of course the same goes for suites. Relatives just booked to join us on a cruise in AQ and to upgrade they are going to be paying almost half of what it would cost them to buy a package with this sale if in another class of cabin. Don't know why Celebrity is penalizing AQ passengers this way. As Zenith we are already having to pay for perks we earned but that's a gripe for another day.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Ok this is crazy. I just logged in again, and the prices for the alc packages jumped to $74/day Premium and $64/day Classic. Seems like X has just manipulated the base price for this.

I see the same thing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I see the same thing

Was going to wait for the end of the week to book but went ahead and did so a couple of hours ago. As of 6pm est the price was what you originally published. Disappointing that they would manipulate the flash sale. 

• Like 1