Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

It actually looks like you can go back and forth but you’re behind a glass wall on that side. All you can access is the two gates and there is no place to sit. It’s packed.

IMG_2504.thumb.jpeg.9da60049c001c76c07f4b454dfa905cc.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

I’m going to have to try to sleep on this flight. I’ve only been able to sleep on a plane once. I had multiple 30 hour air travel days in the military and I couldn’t sleep on any of them. I did sleep on a commercial flight to London once so I’m hoping I can do that today.

This thing has been sitting in the back seat of my car for like 5 years. I got it as a Christmas gift once. I guess I’m going to give it a try. 

IMG_2347.thumb.jpeg.ce80e71111273ddfc01d1ba316af8e66.jpeg

• Like 18

I didn't make any promises that the chips would be good, just that they were Canadian 😁

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There’s not a Tom Horton’s in this international area at least. I don’t think I’ve seen Labatt on tap here but I’ll keep my eye out. That’s what my uncle from Michigan drank. I had the bottles occasionally in the military. I have seen the bottles here but I don’t think I’ve seen it on tap anywhere.

I'm in Michigan and it's usually what's in my fridge. Interesting find on 1644, isn't it French so it fits in Quebec?

51 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I also found this screen between 55 and 56

IMG_2496.thumb.jpeg.a30821e1f34021a13e339b517b5f6769.jpeg

I want to go on the party flight!

58 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This is a weird situation. I went to check if my plane is here and on time and all that. My gate is on the other side of a security border. And it’s like Tom Hanks in Splash. If I go there, I can never come back.

At least you got a warning.  I got tired of waiting for a gate checked wheelchair since it was the middle of winter and I didn't have a coat so I went up the bridge to ask about it and got told I couldn't go back down again.

Edited by detroitavant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The only problem here is that’s the bathroom in front of me so people are going to be standing here constantly.

Oh also the TV thing there are 5 seats here and only two TVs. But I’m hoping to sleep so no problem here.

IMG_2519.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah. Tastes like ketchup. 

If you like a plate of fries with like…ketchup all over. This might be the chip for you. But if you’re a dipper. Half ketchup half no ketchup….this might be too much ketchup.

Have you had all-dressed chips/ fully-dressed chips? I forget what the proper name is (forgive me, Canadians!), but my husband brought them home years ago and they were delightful. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

Have you had all-dressed chips/ fully-dressed chips? I forget what the proper name is (forgive me, Canadians!), but my husband brought them home years ago and they were delightful. 

I think they are salt and vinegar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmet0225 said:

After sampling all different kinds of peppermint schnapps while working at a liquor store one day in college, I can no longer tolerate anything peppermint.   🤑

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I feel that way about parrot bay rum. 

Jagermeister is my killer.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I did not move my standard headphones to this bag so no inflight movie for me. The girl across the aisle is watching ticket to Paradise and I’m a bit jealous. 

They do have a good selection of
Movies. 

IMG_2384.thumb.jpeg.76805bc5f39f2d6801d26c8255db9efe.jpeg

I watched that on our flight back from Ireland Tuesday - I liked it!

• Like 1

Yeah, my daughter is addicted to ketchup chips- personally I can't stand them! Now poutine! That is a thing of beauty, a small slice of heaven here on earth! If you ever have time to spend time in Montreal itself and not just the airport, I'll direct you to a place that makes the most heavenly poutine- topped with shredded chicken or beef!

• Like 5