FLASH SALE

mickey89

Is it still 50% off the inflated base price of $149 pp for the premium drinks package?  There was a thread posted by @RichYak on Wednesday detailing this “flash sale” but Celebrity upped their base prices in the middle of the sale.  Just wondering if the IT dept fixed the “error” yet. 

• Like 1

I was able to save a little over 100 bucks by cancelling and rebooking an excursion and I bought another while I was at it.  

at first when I called, the customer service rep.  Tried to convince me not too, warning me that my excursion might be sold out and I could lose it all together.  I followed advice on here and called my TA.  They got it done!  And informed me that there were like 50 seats still left on my excursion.  The first customer service rep. Could easily see that and should have told me.   Yay for TAs! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Octavias said:

I was able to save a little over 100 bucks by cancelling and rebooking an excursion and I bought another while I was at it.  

at first when I called, the customer service rep.  Tried to convince me not too, warning me that my excursion might be sold out and I could lose it all together.  I followed advice on here and called my TA.  They got it done!  And informed me that there were like 50 seats still left on my excursion.  The first customer service rep. Could easily see that and should have told me.   Yay for TAs! 

It seems there isn't an excursion pre-cruise wait list, we cancelled two tours that were sold out and were able to rebook them

• Like 1

I did cancel and rebook two excursions, but on the Baltic cruise 1st July I noticed that a number had been significantly increased before the discount was applied making them more expensive than my advance booking

Eg  "Day 5 Over the Bridge to Sweden" booked originally at  total for us both £136 .88 

Now at 35% discount £ 196.50

So be warned

If I have this wrong apologies but, Words fail me !

4 hours ago, Octavias said:

When I re-booked an excursion, I did a mock booking first to make sure there was 1. a reduction and 2. availability. That was definitely less costly.  However, when checking on dining, pricing had gone up from my original cost.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

If you cancel and rebook when it was paid in OBC, does the OBC come back and if so how long does it take?

OBC is immediate, but refresh your screen.  Visa payment refund will take 'a while'.

37 minutes ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

If you cancel and rebook when it was paid in OBC, does the OBC come back and if so how long does it take?

I cancelled a sold out shorex. The OBC was credited instantly. The two cancelled spots didn't show up for another 10-15 min at which time I rebooked them saving $354. There's always a chance that the spots get taken from you before you can rebook. 

10 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Just wondering....this wouldn't be considered 'snarky'?  as discussed on another thread....😉.

Some may consider it to be snarky, some may not, we can only say "search before posting" so many times

I'm assuming the sale is for sailings that are coming up in the near future?  I just booked for March 2025 and the beverage packages only had a 7% savings on them...not much of a savings for me, but I've got plenty of time before I'll book to watch for a better sale.

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Some may consider it to be snarky, some may not, we can only say "search before posting" so many times

But...do we have to? What harm do repetitious posts do, especially since the mods can merge them, and no one is required to read them? And especially when the motive is to help, not take advantage of, other CCers?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1