Diamond drinks on departure day

There is a post on a social media group with someone saying they were denied using their free diamond drinks on departure day, and that this is a new rule going forward. Anyone else? On my last cruise in March, we definitely used ours. 

???

Just now, superduper123 said:

There is a post on a social media group with someone saying they were denied using their free diamond drinks on departure day, and that this is a new rule going forward. Anyone else? On my last cruise in March, we definitely used ours. 

???

Got a specialty coffee in MDR at departure breakfast on Anthem a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

???

That will most likely vary ship to ship

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:
1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Departure day meaning the day the ship departs for your cruise or the day you depart from the ship?  I was able to use my Diamond drinks on both days on Odessey several weeks ago.

Last morning of the cruise.

Did the OP mean first day or last day ?

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Departure day meaning the day the ship departs for your cruise or the day you depart from the ship?  I was able to use my Diamond drinks on both days on Odessey several weeks ago.

25 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Did the OP mean first day or last day ?

Departure (or debarkation) day is also the last

day. 
First day is embarkation day 

4 hours ago, superduper123 said:

???

Diamond drinks are NOT valid the last morning ( departure).  They cut off every morning at something like 3 am.  There are none on the last morning.

If one is given a specialty coffee (as stated above) the barista is being kind, and I  hope tipped appropriately.   They don't want to make a passenger mad by telling them the vouchers don't work that last morning as some passengers will get upset and give low survey ratings.

M

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

This probably came about because of people trying to grab 5 unopened beers to carry off the ship. 

I've seen it done. Saw many walk up to the counter with a tote bag and ask for unopened beverages, beer, soda or water.  I amazed when someone brags that they took 10 waters/beer/whatever home.

M

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Diamond drinks are NOT valid the last morning ( departure).  They cut off every morning at something like 3 am.  There are none on the last morning.

If one is given a specialty coffee (as stated above) the barista is being kind, and I  hope tipped appropriately.   They don't want to make a passenger mad by telling them the vouchers don't work that last morning as some passengers will get upset and give low survey ratings.

M

With a lot of D's on board, last cruise they loaded one specialty coffee a day on the seapass in addition to what you could get in the D Lounge.  Maybe that was what was received on disembarkation morning?

5 hours ago, superduper123 said:

???

I got a fresh squeezed OJ last morning. I didnt try to order alcohol before driving home.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've seen it done. Saw many walk up to the counter with a tote bag and ask for unopened beverages, beer, soda or water.  I amazed when someone brags that they took 10 waters/beer/whatever home.

M

Me too. Even a extra can or two of coke I debate if the extra weight worth it. Or a vitamin water I never got around to drinking and hated to throw out. I certainly am not getting extra to carry home. 

Was denied specialty coffee this morning on Liberty. Never has happened to me before, to say I was surprised would be an understatement.

I generally tip the barista at the end of the cruise, but my tip went to paying for the coffee. And the officer who was there was downright nasty when I questioned it. 

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Departure (or debarkation) day is also the last

day. 
First day is embarkation day 

Technically it isn’t even considered a day.  Day 7 of a cruise is the day before you disembark?

Honestly, not sure why anyone expects it.  Disembarkation day is an extra day beyond the posted length of the cruise.  Why would they give you free drinks the day you board and the morning you get off when a whole new group will get free

drinks that day that same day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, topnole said:

Disembarkation day is an extra day beyond the posted length of the cruise.

Not sure about this. Cruises are listed by number of nights, not days. The app calls it "Day 8" on a 7-night cruise, for example.

People may expect it because you were given new vouchers on disembarkation morning in the past.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not sure about this. Cruises are listed by number of nights, not days. The app calls it "Day 8" on a 7-night cruise, for example.

People may expect it because you were given new vouchers on disembarkation morning in the past.

I don’t think most expect it.  In fact, I assume it is a small minority of folks who even try to get a diamond drink the morning they leave.  I have never even thought of doing it even though I have read it is possible.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

I don’t think most expect it.  In fact, I assume it is a small minority of folks who even try to get a diamond drink the morning they leave.  I have never even thought of doing it even though I have read it is possible.  

I don't think most do either. I only tried it once after reading about it b/c we were on a B2B. The morning of turnaround day I got a couple iced coffees and my wife got a couple water bottles from Cafe Promenade.

My comments were just for discussion's sake. It's somewhat ambiguous, IMO. If RC would just add a line to the Diamond and up benefits letter that says "you do not receive vouchers on disembarkation day" then there would be no need for any of this discussion, but that makes too much sense.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

However, the C&A states vouchers are good each DAY of the cruise. Vouchers reset daily at 5:00 am and are good until 4:59 am the following day. It is in footnote 5 of members’ benefits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Threedrones said:

However, the C&A states vouchers are good each DAY of the cruise. Vouchers reset daily at 5:00 am and are good until 4:59 am the following day. It is in footnote 5 of members’ benefits.

Yet many people report not being able to use them on disembarkation morning. RC needs to clear it up one way or the other.

7 minutes ago, Threedrones said:

Correct.  And the last day of the cruise began at 5am the morning prior to debarkation, so when 4:49am happens on debarkation morning the cruise is over as far as drink vouchers are concerned.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anton said:

And the last day of the cruise began at 5am the morning prior to debarkation

Where is the last day defined by RC as the day prior to disembarkation? The app lists disembarkation morning as day 8 on a 7-night cruise.

Just in case it's not clear, I don't personally care whether RC gives them out on that last morning or not nor am I advocating one way or the other.  All I want to drink that morning are my daily cappuccinos from the DL machine.

The issue to me us that there is just too much ambiguity between published wording and actual practice and I think it could easily be removed.

Edited by OCSC Mike