Diamond drinks on departure day

19 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Not to be argumentative, but the last day "is a day" when it suits the cruise line.  They charge for parking on the last day, even though you're only parking a few hours.  

Royal has nothing to do with parking rates, on site or off site.  Most off-site parking lots also change for an extra day.  8 days of parking for a 7 night cruise (sadly)  is standard.  

M

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You were denied complementary coffee on the last morning because the vouchers are not applicable that morning.   Vouchers now cut off at 5AM.    I don't understand why you were annoyed with a staff person following the rules they were provided. 

Those who received a voucher beverage on debarkation morning were lucky as they are no longer applicable after 5AM.

M

if that is the case, yes. But my previous experiences lead me to believe that I could use a voucher on the last morning. And I have used them since the change of the time your vouchers renewed.  

The problem is the rules are different on each ship, and that's unfortunate. So in the future I will be prepared to pay for my final coffee if necessary. 

21 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yet many people report not being able to use them on disembarkation morning. RC needs to clear it up one way or the other.

Disembarkation day is not a day for the people leaving the ship. It is a day for those coming on, just .like it was when YOU came on the ship at the start of your cruise. The day before(last full day, last night) those vouchers were removed at 4:59AM just as they are for every prior day all cruise long.

It can be a bit confusing. One thing I have done is use a coffee card on that last morning. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

Disembarkation day is not a day for the people leaving the ship. It is a day for those coming on, just .like it was when YOU came on the ship at the start of your cruise. The day before(last full day, last night) those vouchers were removed at 4:59AM just as they are for every prior day all cruise long.

It can be a bit confusing. One thing I have done is use a coffee card on that last morning. 

Last post b/c I've already stated I don't care and have no need for vouchers that morning. The app considers it a day for those disembarking and in the past you did get new vouchers that morning (I've used them). It's only confusing b/c it's ambiguous based on practice and written policy.

• Like 3

I'm not sure it is accurate to say that the last day is not a cruise day.  The DBP works on day 8 of a 7 night cruise. Royal will sell you excursions for day 8 of a 7 night cruise.  To suggest that that day is some sort of void day that a particular product is not available seems hasty.  In the absence of clear language from Royal stating they are no longer available I would expect them to be available.  They have been on every cruise I have been on since turning Diamond.  As recently as March 12th both DW and debarked the Oasis of the Seas with a latte in our hand that we got from Park Cafe with a diamond voucher.  There was no dispute about whether it was legitimate.  As a matter of fact we didn't ask to use our Diamond voucher, the barista simply charged to our diamond voucher with asking.  You folks who are so adamant, stating no not possible and it never was, need to dial it back a bit. Many of of us have very different experiences than what you are suggesting is policy.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You were denied complementary coffee on the last morning because the vouchers are not applicable that morning.   Vouchers now cut off at 5AM.    I don't understand why you were annoyed with a staff person following the rules they were provided. 

Those who received a voucher beverage on debarkation morning were lucky as they are no longer applicable after 5AM.

M

Where do I find this on RCL’s website? C&A states that vouchers expire at 4:59am and reset at 5:00am each DAY, not each cruise day. The entire discussion on this topic is where does RCL tell us what constitutes a cruise day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ssb said:

No it will not vary . All D and above are available first day on all ships fleet wide . 
No drinks on disembarkation day are available. 

So funny when someone claims to know exactly what every ship in the fleet will do when any given request is made . 

Cheers

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Royal has nothing to do with parking rates, on site or off site.  Most off-site parking lots also change for an extra day.  8 days of parking for a 7 night cruise (sadly)  is standard.  

M

Baltimore and Cape Liberty do not charge extra.

15 hours ago, Threedrones said:

Where do I find this on RCL’s website? C&A states that vouchers expire at 4:59am and reset at 5:00am each DAY, not each cruise day. The entire discussion on this topic is where does RCL tell us what constitutes a cruise day.

They don't. Experience tells us that debarkation day is included.  Some have experienced problem,s being told they don't work on debarkation day.  That is the exception rather than the rule.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

They don't. Experience tells us that debarkation day is included.  Some have experienced problem,s being told they don't work on debarkation day.  That is the exception rather than the rule.

How do you know that is the exception and not the rule.   Going off of anecdotal evidence from those posting about it is hardly solid proof.  Clearly many people also experience not getting diamond drinks the day of disembarkation.  

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm not sure it is accurate to say that the last day is not a cruise day.  The DBP works on day 8 of a 7 night cruise. Royal will sell you excursions for day 8 of a 7 night cruise.  To suggest that that day is some sort of void day that a particular product is not available seems hasty.  In the absence of clear language from Royal stating they are no longer available I would expect them to be available.  They have been on every cruise I have been on since turning Diamond.  As recently as March 12th both DW and debarked the Oasis of the Seas with a latte in our hand that we got from Park Cafe with a diamond voucher.  There was no dispute about whether it was legitimate.  As a matter of fact we didn't ask to use our Diamond voucher, the barista simply charged to our diamond voucher with asking.  You folks who are so adamant, stating no not possible and it never was, need to dial it back a bit. Many of of us have very different experiences than what you are suggesting is policy.

Lots of things (C&A and in general) aren’t provided the last morning. Can you get your free diamond picture at 9am as your about to walk off?   Where does it say you can’t in Royals policy?  

Can you get room service like the other days?   Are the restaurants open the same hours for breakfast like they are on days 2-7?   Nope.   Can you go enjoy a nice breakfast and then come back at 9 to grab your stuff?   Nope.  Things are very different on disembarkation day and it has always been that way.  They want you out of your cabin and off the ship as quickly as possible.  

Of course Royal will sell you a post cruise tour.  That doesn’t mean you get to come back on the ship after. 

I recognize that in practice things seem to vary. But I still doubt Royal ever intended for the diamond drinks to extend to disembarkation day.  It was great that they extended them to all day almost anywhere, but somehow that has turned into folks expecting them the last morning too or they are so upset they decide not to tip the employee they otherwise would have tipped (as described in the prior post).  I guess

Royal is better off just allowing the drinks from 5-8pm like before and then no one expects anything or is upset.  And many more will start buying the drinks package again if they did that.  Win win for them.  

Again, can’t we just leave well enough alone and be happy to get the free drinks on day 1-7.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, topnole said:

Again, can’t we just leave well enough alone and be happy to get the free drinks on day 1-7.  

Well said!  Amazing how worked up some folks can get over a cup of coffee or a mimosa.

• Like 2

Received Dec 2022 from C&A

Dear Loyal Members,

One of the great benefits of being a Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members is the daily complimentary drink vouchers you receive on every sailing. Currently, the active window for voucher redemption each day is from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM, which means that any vouchers you redeem after midnight count towards your balance for the next day.

We know how much you love these drink vouchers, and we want to make sure you’re getting the most out of this benefit! We’re excited to share that we’re changing the daily schedule so that these vouchers are now redeemable from 5:00 AM to 4:59 AM the next day. What does this mean? It means that your daily complimentary vouchers will now reset at 5:00 AM every morning allowing you to get more out of this benefit during prime hours of each day, including your after-midnight drinks.

On top of the schedule change, we want to help you better keep track of the usage of your complimentary drink vouchers, so we’ve added a tracker to the printed receipt that is given upon receiving your complimentary drink. At the bottom of the receipt, there will now be a line of text which indicates how many vouchers you have used towards your daily balance, e.g., “C&A Beverage Voucher [# Used] of [# Total].” You’ll never lose track of your complimentary drink vouchers ever again!

We will be rolling out these changes beginning on all sailings departing on or after December 16th, 2022.

As always, we thank you for your loyalty and for being a valued part of our Royal Caribbean family.

Sincerely,

Crown & Anchor Society

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

14 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Well said!  Amazing how worked up some folks can get over a cup of coffee or a mimosa.

No kidding.  All I want to do is get a little food in my belly and start my journey home.  That last thing I’m worried about is a free bottled water or coffee.  Just walk to the DL if you want a specialty coffee. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thank you. Many agree with you and many do not. That is why RCL should make it clear.

4 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Received Dec 2022 from C&A

Dear Loyal Members,

One of the great benefits of being a Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members is the daily complimentary drink vouchers you receive on every sailing. Currently, the active window for voucher redemption each day is from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM, which means that any vouchers you redeem after midnight count towards your balance for the next day.

We know how much you love these drink vouchers, and we want to make sure you’re getting the most out of this benefit! We’re excited to share that we’re changing the daily schedule so that these vouchers are now redeemable from 5:00 AM to 4:59 AM the next day. What does this mean? It means that your daily complimentary vouchers will now reset at 5:00 AM every morning allowing you to get more out of this benefit during prime hours of each day, including your after-midnight drinks.

On top of the schedule change, we want to help you better keep track of the usage of your complimentary drink vouchers, so we’ve added a tracker to the printed receipt that is given upon receiving your complimentary drink. At the bottom of the receipt, there will now be a line of text which indicates how many vouchers you have used towards your daily balance, e.g., “C&A Beverage Voucher [# Used] of [# Total].” You’ll never lose track of your complimentary drink vouchers ever again!

We will be rolling out these changes beginning on all sailings departing on or after December 16th, 2022.

As always, we thank you for your loyalty and for being a valued part of our Royal Caribbean family.

Sincerely,

Crown & Anchor Society

Unfortunately, this doesn’t settle anything.

5 hours ago, topnole said:

Lots of things (C&A and in general) aren’t provided the last morning. Can you get your free diamond picture at 9am as your about to walk off?   Where does it say you can’t in Royals policy?  

Can you get room service like the other days?   Are the restaurants open the same hours for breakfast like they are on days 2-7?   Nope.   Can you go enjoy a nice breakfast and then come back at 9 to grab your stuff?   Nope.  Things are very different on disembarkation day and it has always been that way.  They want you out of your cabin and off the ship as quickly as possible.  

Of course Royal will sell you a post cruise tour.  That doesn’t mean you get to come back on the ship after. 

I recognize that in practice things seem to vary. But I still doubt Royal ever intended for the diamond drinks to extend to disembarkation day.  It was great that they extended them to all day almost anywhere, but somehow that has turned into folks expecting them the last morning too or they are so upset they decide not to tip the employee they otherwise would have tipped (as described in the prior post).  I guess

Royal is better off just allowing the drinks from 5-8pm like before and then no one expects anything or is upset.  And many more will start buying the drinks package again if they did that.  Win win for them.  

Your examples aren’t apples to apples. You can’t get your photo because they are only available when photo is open. No one has claimed they should be able to get a drink from a venue that is not open. I, too, doubt RCL wants the drinks to be available on debarkation day. So why not simply state it that way?

47 minutes ago, Threedrones said:

Your examples aren’t apples to apples. You can’t get your photo because they are only available when photo is open. No one has claimed they should be able to get a drink from a venue that is not open. I, too, doubt RCL wants the drinks to be available on debarkation day. So why not simply state it that way?

I did state it that way.  What do you mean?   The other points are in reference to their being a day 8 on a seven night cruise.  

8 hours ago, topnole said:

I did state it that way.  What do you mean?   The other points are in reference to their being a day 8 on a seven night cruise.  

8 hours ago, topnole said:

“So why not simply state it that way?” was not directed towards your comment. It was directed towards RCL. As for the difference on debarkation day…that is true. However, things are also different on day one.

22 hours ago, yogimax said:

8 hours ago, Threedrones said:

“So why not simply state it that way?” was not directed towards your comment. It was directed towards RCL. As for the difference on debarkation day…that is true. However, things are also different on day one.

I guess no latte's on day one since things being different is a precondition to things being disallowed.

23 hours ago, topnole said:

That last thing I’m worried about is a free bottled water or coffee.  Just walk to the DL if you want a specialty coffee. 

I'm pretty sure the coffee machine/DL is unavailable the last morning.

26 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I'm pretty sure the coffee machine/DL is unavailable the last morning.

Unless it is broken it is most definitely available. That's my favorite perk after the 4 drink vouchers.

It was sarcasm.

If people are arguing that things being different on a particular cruise day is a precondition for the diamond beverage being disqualified from use and you are stating that embarkation day is also different than other days. The extension of that argument is that no diamond drinks on embarkation day as well.

Of course that is a preposterous argument. However, that is the logical extension of the "things are different so they are not qualified" argument. If people want to argue that something isn't available on a particular day, a day recognized by the cruise line by its inclusion as a day in their app and online sales promotions, they are going to have to pick a better argument.

I agree that Royal should make a simple, declarative state indicating whether they are or are not included and establish a policy fleet-wide.  In the absence of that I will assume diamond drinks are available on debarkation morning until told otherwise as they have been on the seven cruises I have taken since the voucher program has been established.

• Like 3