Quiet public spaces on the Crown Princess

Marronnier

Hi 

We will be on the Crown Princess next January for a round trip San Francisco - Hawaii - San Francisco cruise. We will be in  an inside cabin. 

Can anyone recommend any quiet places (inside and out on deck) on board the Crown where we could sit and read or just watch the ocean? Any other tips for those in inside cabins would also be welcome.

Thank you

Thanks cr8tiv1

The aft pool deck looks perfect. It appears there are places to sit around this pool on decks 14, 15 and 16. The Adagio lounge conveniently located nearby looks the place for cooler days. Thanks again for the info

• Like 1

On warm days, the promenade deck. Your first two to three days in route to Hawaii probably will not be warm. Pack layered clothing.

Another popular location for siting & reading is the seating just outside Explorer's Lounge adjacent to the windows. This area does fill up.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Crown in March/April, Adagio was used most mornings for a Bible Study group.  Other than that it was pretty quiet.  There seemed to be music playing in most places around the ship, even if there was nobody there which really reduced the number of quiet areas.

• Thanks 1

I second the vote for Adagio as a quiet venue for reading. There is also a back door out to the deck and a bar just down the steps. It is often a quiet place to sit outside near that bar area and has a great view of the wake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Lotus Spa pool, Sun Deck 16 fwd.

Forgot about this one.  Almost as good as the “sanctuary” without the service….lol. I find the seats outside of the Explorer Lounge to be too chaotic.  I am easy distracted by the events held in the lounge or by all the people strolling by.  

I, too, like to find a quiet spot to read,  I wish you luck, @Marronnier, I agree that both Skywalkers and Adagio can be peaceful and quiet, but, unfortunately, there is no guarantee.

More than once, I have been in Skywalkers when the Pop Choir would meet and start rehearsing "Under the Boardwalk."

I was in Adagio one afternoon along with, maybe, three or four others quietly reading.  In walked a group of women, one of them commenting, "Oh, this is a nice quiet place."

Well. it was.

For the next five minutes (I kid you not.) they debated on where they would sit.  One faction wanted to sit at these seats.  Another faction thought that the seats over there were better.  I have no idea why one grouping was better than the other, but it was pretty important to both sides.  One side finally relented, and they came to agreement.

They settled in, and I naively thought that would be the end of it.  Oh silly me.

Out came some game, and they started playing,  Of course, the game could not be played quietly.  It had to be accompanied by annoying chatter.  

I did not last more than a few minutes.  As I was ;leaving, I noticed at leas two of the other readers were packing up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I, too, like to find a quiet spot to read,  I wish you luck, @Marronnier, I agree that both Skywalkers and Adagio can be peaceful and quiet, but, unfortunately, there is no guarantee.

=

I found Adagio quiet on my last Crown and Emerald cruises - I just didn't find it comfortable. No guarantees. Maybe if you can find a way into Sabatini's . There is often a door open.

Skywalkers is also hit and miss about quietness. I have also encountered people playing games there.

I never struggled on older ships finding a quiet place to read.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

I guess I'm lucky in that I can totally tune out others around me when I'm reading.  I hear them but, to paraphrase an old saying, the sound doesn't go in one ear.... or the other.

• Like 1

When did these quiet havens become game rooms?  How about the Library on Deck 7 (near the Wheelhouse)?  That's got to be a quiet area (shhhhh/library).  

a VERY VERY VERY long time ago, the Coral had this little nook and cranny space with a couple of barrel like chairs.  Is it gone now?

6 hours ago, marden1970 said:

We were on the Crown in March/April, Adagio was used most mornings for a Bible Study group.  Other than that it was pretty quiet.  There seemed to be music playing in most places around the ship, even if there was nobody there which really reduced the number of quiet areas.

Yes, I find the constant need to fill the areas with recorded music really annoying. I just want a quiet spot to read my book. It would be fine if it were something very understated like quiet classical or soft jazz, but it’s usually grocery store pop, and too loud.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I find the seats outside of the Explorer Lounge to be too chaotic. 

Nothing like trying to camp on the freeway!

Don't forget the PES happy hour everyday from 5-7 is in Skywalkers.

People talking but nothing boisterous.

• Haha 1

When we were on the Ruby we found Adagio to be a great daytime place to play cards - but with the recorded music I would not be able to focus on reading. It's jazz-ish music but it's distracting. Don't know if it's the same on the Crown but I'll be finding out.