Deluxe Porthole Veranda

lovedecruise

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes!  I don't recall if I could see the water looking downward but I wouldn't consider that an obstruction bc I don't do a lot of looking downward.

Thanks. Yeah - I agree, I look out and not down.

6 hours ago, true45 said:

7123 — would not book again

This was sold as unobstructed.  If it truly was unobstructed I do like the Porthole Vetanda.

IMG_0398.jpeg

Oh great! We have this cabin booked for the Apex. Was there a worker there often? And was the equipment permanent?

I would love to hear opinions of the BEST choices in porthole verandas. The most forward DPVs have the window washing equipment blocking the view, so I thought 7123 would be far enough bag to be safe from obstructions......

4 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Oh great! We have this cabin booked for the Apex. Was there a worker there often? And was the equipment permanent?

I would love to hear opinions of the BEST choices in porthole verandas. The most forward DPVs have the window washing equipment blocking the view, so I thought 7123 would be far enough bag to be safe from obstructions......

There is a big permanent metal platform with a hatch that opens.  It wasn’t open often but our balcony was sprayed with liquid and clothes got soaked - husband got sprayed in the face. Another time the spray started and reached the sliding door but we were quick to close the door. Again, no warning.  Don’t know what was in the water like soap or if it was just plain water.  

We were not bothered by loss of view due to window washing equipment though.  

the cabin itself was nice but the little chairs uncomfortable with no footstools.

Enjoy.

56 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Do they not have the same rules as regular balconies that the door is not supposed to be kept open?

The sliding door to the balcony was not “kept” open.  A couple of times we were on the balcony with door closed behind us.  Once I was in the doorway. And closed it fast.

4 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

None of those issues with our DPV. Cabin number 7118. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 6:11 AM, Random Cruizer said:

I had one on Apex in Norway last August.  I'm a natural light lover, and I didn't feel like my room was dark.  It's a wee verandah, narrow, but I was solo.  Definitely a view through a round hole, though--not sure if you mean views from inside or going out on the verandah and looking out.  I loved it, go for it.  I did get super cheap on a move-up, though--not sure about paying full price.  But the room wasn't dark.

IMG_5661.jpg

Looks like 70% of the light and view...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Looks like 70% of the light and view...

We liked it. No issues for us. We thought it was better than an IV. Never stayed in an IV, but had the opportunity to check one out. The people that showed us the IV didn't like it and liked our DPV better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doghog said:

We liked it. No issues for us. We thought it was better than an IV. Never stayed in an IV, but had the opportunity to check one out. The people that showed us the IV didn't like it and liked our DPV better. 

I would have chosen it over a IV also.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@georgiaguy

6303 reminds me of the last 8 cabins port and starboard sides of the S-class ships Deck 6. Those verandas jut out over the blue roof of the dining areas below but have an advantage of several square feet more space.

Edited by TMLAalum

On 3/10/2024 at 11:17 AM, georgiaguy said:

Here is 6303. Technically obstructed but not bad at all.

20240310_111312.jpg

20240310_111338.jpg

20240310_111343.jpg

thanks for sharing these pics.  I think 6302 is the same.  I believe it's the smoking area down below.  Is it manageable from the smell and noise perspective (from Eden)?

Enjoy your cruise!

6302 is across the hall so not sure exactly what is below it. We didnt spend a ton of time on the balcony but the time we did we didnt notice smoking though that may have been because it seemed like folks spent time out there in the evenings/nights.