Deluxe Porthole Veranda

lovedecruise

On 6/9/2023 at 12:32 PM, sunlover5 said:

We were 2 and we loved ours on the Apex. We would definitely book again!  We did not notice it being too dark. 

IMG_2957.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg

Would you mind sharing the room number please? Thank you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sunlover5 said:

I believe it was 9331. (?) I can tell you it was deck 9 aft. We were the 2nd to last port  side before the sunset verandahs. 

Did you have any window washing equipment obstructing your view, either looking forward or back? Thanks

1 hour ago, sunlover5 said:

No, It was beautiful. 

IMG_3054.jpeg

What if you looked over the balcony railing and looked out. Just wondering if they park the window washing equipment on the port aft side. I know it is on both starboard forward and aft probably due to the magic carpet. Thanks

We were in a sunset sky suite on one of the ships, forgot which one- and had window washing equipment parked outside our side window- what a waste.  Also bright sun all day made balcony not useless during the day- much to sunny and hot.

It was last Feb. so hard to remember. We don’t remember if it was. We remember how beautiful our view was. With the walls around the circle window you look out differently than with a regular big opening balcony. We have been in them all and we would definitely book again. In fact for an upcoming cruise on Apex we tried to get one and they were all sold out.   Not sure what % it said ours was but we can’t remember having an obstruction. 

21 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, they are more enclosed.  This was appealing to me because I prefer the shade, which this balcony had in spades.  The side walls are steel with no dividers between cabins.

We are opposite - like the sun on our Veranda!

• 1 month later...

We just booked DPV # 6302, literally the far aft right above Eden.

Does anyone of you know if there's view obstruction in that room and I wonder if it's noisy being so close to Eden?

22 minutes ago, Aka414 said:

We just booked DPV # 6302, literally the far aft right above Eden.

Does anyone of you know if there's view obstruction in that room and I wonder if it's noisy being so close to Eden?

Can’t say just yet but we board in 2 1/2 weeks and will be across the hall. We are curious about this as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Can’t say just yet but we board in 2 1/2 weeks and will be across the hall. We are curious about this as well. 

That's awesome.  I'll reach out later to hear about your experience.  Have a great vacation!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Maryjane8 said:

Is it possible to "adjoin" port hole verandas? Being able to open the section separating the balconies?

Don’t think it is possible

IMG_0337.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Cruisestitch , Maybe it depends on the cabin location? Looks like there may be a door? Can you share what cabin number this is?

Edited by Maryjane8

Posted (edited)

That was six years ago, and I don’t remember the room number. I know that it was all the way forward on deck eight or nine I think.  It was above the theater, because I could hear the drums and bass at night.(  Just one of the many reasons I will never be back on an e class ship again.). I will try to find an old SeaPass card but not able to do that for a couple of days.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 2:37 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We were in 8111 on Ascent. Great view from the porthole balcony and very quiet location. Here’s a few pics from all directions standing at the rail. 

IMG_6192.jpeg

IMG_6189.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

IMG_6191.jpeg

So basically the obstruction is only in the way if you look in that direction? Straight out you're ok?

39 minutes ago, true45 said:

7123 — would not book again

This was sold as unobstructed.  If it truly was unobstructed I do like the Porthole Vetanda.

IMG_0398.jpeg

I had heard in another thread that the window washing staff ACTUALLY access the equipment, by coming thru the rooms and climbing over your balcony

ANY TRUTH in that ?????

35 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So basically the obstruction is only in the way if you look in that direction? Straight out you're ok?

Yes!  I don't recall if I could see the water looking downward but I wouldn't consider that an obstruction bc I don't do a lot of looking downward.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We were in cabin 7118 on the Apex. Looking straight down you could see a canopy type structure. No biggie to us. Nothing like in the previous picture with other equipment on it. The window washing equipment was way forward of us and never was in our line of sight. No obstruction looking straight out or aft or forward. We liked cabin 7118 on the Apex so we booked cabin 7118 on the Edge for our September cruise.  We had an IV cabin aft of us and DPVs forward of us. 

53003692195_003434a15b_b.jpg

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2