New Menu for Caneletto

SUESEABE

It looks like its been cheapened substantially and they have reduced the level of effort and skill required by the food prep team.

The removal of the lamb is saddening.

• Like 4

I believe a bad mistake is to scrap the delicious soup with the sea food they have had for years and years under a couple of different names for me that is bringing back the meal from 2 to 1 coarse with a little bit of appetizer ........... so maybe no more Canaletto for me ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sailingdutchy said:

I believe a bad mistake is to scrap the delicious soup with the sea food they have had for years and years under a couple of different names for me that is bringing back the meal from 2 to 1 coarse with a little bit of appetizer ........... so maybe no more Canaletto for me ! 

I agree.  I love that seafood soup.  It’s delicious.  I really love the veggie risotto too.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

It looks like its been cheapened substantially and they have reduced the level of effort and skill required by the food prep team.

The removal of the lamb is saddening.

It sure seems like that.  Raised the price too on top of it.

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam last month and was told by the Canaletto Manager that the new menu rollout was on hold due to supply issues.  It is still not listed on my Navigator app for my next cruise.

What ships are currently using the new menu?

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Crew News said:

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam last month and was told by the Canaletto Manager that the new menu rollout was on hold due to supply issues.  It is still not listed on my Navigator app for my next cruise.

What ships are currently using the new menu?

I think it’s only the Rotterdam.  Oh those supply chain issues 😛.  Maybe they need to share information with other cruise lines within the ccl family that aren’t having these issues such as carnival and Princess 

Vegetarians have a substantial right to be angry. Pasta with pesto? that’s the best you can do, HA? So many opportunities with mushrooms and other vegetables to be creative, nutritious, and cost-efficient.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Yes but not the daily specials. Which used to be in a column on the left...

No lamb and no gnocchi. I has a sad!!!

This is a menu right from the Rotterdam so that’s as good as it gets.  The gnocchi wasn’t good when I had it.  I don’t think it should be doughy.  It’s been a while since I had the lamb but it used to be good.

25 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The gnocchi wasn’t good when I had it.  I don’t think it should be doughy.

Wasn't good on Westerdam either. Very heavy. If such a word exists, "glue-y" comes to mind...