Laundry Bag special onboard

Dreamcruise27

Does Celebrity still offer a laundry bag special onboard? When we last cruised with Celebrity in 2019, we were given a paper bag to fill as much as we can for one set price. Just wondering if they still offer this special or if I’m better off pre-purchasing.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, horseymike said:

Do you recall the size of the laundry bag they provide ?

So it was not very large - little smaller than pillow case. However, my wife and myself were able to stuff about 3 days worth of clothes each in it. I felt it was worth it.

3 hours ago, haynesra said:

So it was not very large - little smaller than pillow case. However, my wife and myself were able to stuff about 3 days worth of clothes each in it. I felt it was worth it.

Thanks Haynesra .

• Like 1

Be prepared for them to use harsh washing techniques on your clothes.  I've had lots of T-shirts ruined by their intensive washing.  I only put the through white clothes these days.  One thing we really love about Princess is the ability to do our own laundry on long cruises.  I wish X had that kind of thing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, horseymike said:

Do you recall the size of the laundry bag they provide ?

The Cloth Bags measure 18" X 17 and have a draw line.   Since we only travel in suites not sure if they are now using cloth bags for all rooms.  In the past they used paper bags for Concierge and Below.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The Cloth Bags measure 18" X 17 and have a draw line.   Since we only travel in suites not sure if they are now using cloth bags for all rooms.  In the past they used paper bags for Concierge and Below.  

We had cloth bags in in an OV last year and a cloth bag this year in a balcony this year 

I believe they had special on the ship this May at $59.99 , 

All my cloths came back fine , I did hang some shirts in the WC when we had a shower to get the wrinkles out 

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We sail in balcony cabins and last August on Silhouette we had a cloth bag.

Much better than the paper bag.🤩

We were offered this service last week on Millennium.  It was $60 for everything you could stuff in the smallish laundry bag.  We did not take advantage, but are planning to do it on our two upcoming cruises are they are 12 and 13 nights long and it’ll be easier than packing more clothes.

What specifications does everyone put on their laundry card?  I had a bad experience back in 2018 with Celebrity laundry (shrinkage and very wrinkled), so I am hesitate to try again.  We have a longer cruise coming up later this year, and might need these services.  Would saying "cold water" and "pressing" work?

2 hours ago, txtechmk said:

What specifications does everyone put on their laundry card?  I had a bad experience back in 2018 with Celebrity laundry (shrinkage and very wrinkled), so I am hesitate to try again.  We have a longer cruise coming up later this year, and might need these services.  Would saying "cold water" and "pressing" work?

I put everything in , never had a problem 

11 minutes ago, PH2 said:

I see on my upcoming cruise that right now the $60 bag is discounted to $49.

Where can you see laundry special on upcoming cruise?   I tried to look last night but can't seem to find it.

If you go to Plan My Cruise, it's under the Gifts & Gear tab. I just started clicking tabs and scrolling down until I found it. Not exactly intuitive.

Edited by PH2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, txtechmk said:

The laundry "special" is wash and fold only. I am not sure if they accommodate cold water requests. Any pressing will be at the prevailing rate on the sheet.

The "Gifts and Gear" category throws me off LOL.   Also at first, I was looking in the phone app, instead of browser website.  I still cannot find it on the phone apps.  I don't see Gifts and Gear anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to decide if we want to get the "Wash and Press" bag in advance at discount.  It would be nice to not have to worry about running out of items if things are dirtier, messier, sweatier than anticipated.  Any idea if the "wash and press" items are handled any more delicately than the "wash and fold" which I understand are washed in hot and dried probably more than necessary?   Is the bag cloth?  That would be much better as far as ability to "stuff" it than the paper bags we've seen in the past.

Or any recent experiences/info to share about either type of laundry?    We're heading out on the Equinox soon.  Thanks.