Live from…Z and TB’s Scandinavian Escapade

3 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

I hate travel.  We are in JFK waiting for our next flight and went through one of the worst travel experiences.  To make it worse, I’m cranky because I had a steak on our flight that I could not cut.  

JFK: it needs some serious sprucing up. It has a lot of dirty walls.  The MPC line is supposed to be expedited when going through immigration but was on turtle express speed. Our luggage is somewhere over the Atlantic. Finally, security was what we called in the military a CF.  It was a mess.  

We have one more flight and a two hour car ride.  Pray for us. 

Z and TB

Wow!!! Sounds exhausting!! And horrible! 😿😿 We hate travel days too !! Hang in there!! Hope you have some Ativan?!? 💞 Deep breaths might help! Hugs 

• Like 1

🙏Welcome back Z and TB.  Hope your trip home is/was easy!    Miss you guys and like everyone, loved your posts and pics.  Thanks for taking us along.  I’m in Cazenovia (yup, Camillus112…crazy, huh!!!) off and on for the summer but hope to see you in PSL soon!  Better yet, on the next cruise!

58 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Z…..looks like it may be possible you and I could be fighting for the pool bar chair, 4th from left, on Grandeur next August??

Third from the right for me!   We can arm wrestle for it. 

Z and TB

1 hour ago, bebop bonnie said:

🙏Welcome back Z and TB.  Hope your trip home is/was easy!    Miss you guys and like everyone, loved your posts and pics.  Thanks for taking us along.  I’m in Cazenovia (yup, Camillus112…crazy, huh!!!) off and on for the summer but hope to see you in PSL soon!  Better yet, on the next cruise!

I don’t understand.  Are you in Cazenovia or are you with a casanova?  Wondering if you had an auto correct issue. 

Z and TB

1 minute ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Third from the right for me!   We can arm wrestle for it. 

Z and TB

Don’t want to brag, but I once went 12 seconds with Ali. Well….actually only 2 seconds if you consider  the referee counting 1-10. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

I don’t understand.  Are you in Cazenovia or are you with a casanova?  Wondering if you had an auto correct issue. 

Z and TB

Cazenovia is a cute village in Central NY…where I am now!  :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bebop bonnie said:

Cazenovia is a cute village in Central NY…where I am now!  :classic_biggrin:

I think Gpilon is well aware of Cazenovia...I tend to think he used to live in Baldwindsville or Liverpool (the NY one) some time ago.  It's just that we from CNY rely on humor pass the rural time. 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camillus112 said:

I think Gpilon is well aware of Cazenovia...I tend to think he used to live in Baldwindsville or Liverpool (the NY one) some time ago.  It's just that we from CNY rely on humor pass the rural time. 😇

Good memory, Camillus112….lived in B’Ville for 12 years. Moved from Toronto and now enjoying the South in Savannah

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hockeyken said:

Ah, an almost Canuck. You must like hockey.

K

Originally from Montreal....but a life long Bruins fan. Still have good friends involved in the NHL....one is Conor Bedard's agent. 

I need to vent. What was a wonderful trip has turned out to be a total traveling home disaster.  I should have known when I tried to tackle that steak that was so tough, it had tattoos. Our flight from JFK departed two hours late and then decided to give us a one hour tour of the Miami airport upon landing. To make it worse, we stood in line for another hour trying to claim our luggage since it arrived four hours before us.  We were told it would be located and delivered home.  I just got off the phone and AA is saying we need to drive two hours to pick up luggage.  That’s not happening.   We got home after 0200 on Sunday when we should have been home by 1700 on Saturday.  Not happy.  Will provide my thoughts later. 

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

51 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

I need to vent. What was a wonderful trip has turned out to be a total traveling home disaster.  I should have known when I tried to tackle that steak that was so tough, it had tattoos. Our flight from JFK departed two hours late and then decided to give us a one hour tour of the Miami airport upon landing. To make it worse, we stood in line for another hour trying to claim our luggage since it arrived four hours before us.  We were told it would be located and delivered home.  I just got off the phone and AA is saying we need to drive two hours to pick up luggage.  That’s not happening.   We got home after 0200 on Sunday when we should have been home by 1700 on Saturday.  Not happy.  Will provide my thoughts later. 

Z and TB

Ah....the joys of travel. That had to be an infuriating trip home. We always book our own airfare and take the credits. The Bride has Platinum status on Delta and when things go South, they do a great job of looking after us. Get yourself a nice Sunday morning Bloody Mary and just remember what a great cruise and anniversary you just had.

51 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Ah....the joys of travel. That had to be an infuriating trip home. We always book our own airfare and take the credits. The Bride has Platinum status on Delta and when things go South, they do a great job of looking after us. Get yourself a nice Sunday morning Bloody Mary and just remember what a great cruise and anniversary you just had.

We booked our own business class travel also. But, alas, just like Icarus, we crashed and burned.  Still trying to get a status on my luggage and cannot get anyone to update us.  I appreciate the advice and I will get myself a drink as soon as I can get some answers. 

Z and TB

43 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

We booked our own business class travel also. But, alas, just like Icarus, we crashed and burned.  Still trying to get a status on my luggage and cannot get anyone to update us.  I appreciate the advice and I will get myself a drink as soon as I can get some answers. 

Z and TB

So sorry your great cruise ended in such a horrible trip home.  Hope you get your luggage soon. 

1 hour ago, hockeyken said:

A steak with marks where the jockey was whipping it .........Mr.Zqueeze is traumatized. That is one reason I try to avoid flying on U.S. carriers if at all possible. I think some Don Q therapy is in order.

K

Originally from Montreal....but a life long Bruins fan. Still have good friends involved in the NHL....one is Conor Bedard's agent

7 hours ago, purpleally said:

49 kids, on Regent!  Shoot me now

6 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Hopefully, there will also be plenty of liquor onboard!  🤪

Shouldn't be a problem; the kids will probably drink less than the adults. 🤣