free drinks in captain club

oldmancurtis

But surely not only the Sky Lounge?  The drinks were available at the other bars, too?

so what was special about the Sky Lounge?

in the past, when it was used for the Elite Happy Hour there were four things that made it so:

1.  Greeter at the door, usually the Captains Club host/hostess 

2, access restricted to Elite members and above

3. passed pre-dinner snacks

4.dress code (no shorts)

did the reinstate these?

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

But surely not only the Sky Lounge?  The drinks were available at the other bars, too?

so what was special about the Sky Lounge?

in the past, when it was used for the Elite Happy Hour there were four things that made it so:

1.  Greeter at the door, usually the Captains Club host/hostess 

2, access restricted to Elite members and above

3. passed pre-dinner snacks

4.dress code (no shorts)

did the reinstate these?

it was on the sheet of listed Captain Club benefits 
Never noticed a greeter , but there could of been one 

I didn’t ask ask people if they were Elite 😁, our friend who we were with are all Elite , also we all had the drink package so it wasn’t a big deal 

They had the appetizers, 1 out 3 were good 😉

Everyone appear to be dress smart casual 

we went up there when it was to cool to sit out at the Sunset Bar 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

This was a special event for Elite and above pax in Sky Lounge. This is held usually only once or twice a cruise between 5-7. Thankfully, other nights at that time the Sky Lounge is open to all, no dress code and no appetizers. Even tho' we have recently been in  suites, we prefer the Sky Lounge for our before dinner drinks.

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

it was on the sheet of listed Captain Club benefits 
Never noticed a greeter , but there could of been one 

I didn’t ask ask people if they were Elite 😁, our friend who we were with are all Elite , also we all had the drink package so it wasn’t a big deal 

They had the appetizers, 1 out 3 were good 😉

Everyone appear to be dress smart casual 

we went up there when it was to cool to sit out at the Sunset Bar 

Was this offered every night?  Or was this the Captain’s Club Celebration (a once-per-cruise special event)?

50 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Was this offered every night?  Or was this the Captain’s Club Celebration (a once-per-cruise special event)?

On every cruise I've been on in the last 6 months it has been just the one night of the Captain's club party.

There are usually two different events …. The Captains Club Celebration, where the top cruiser is recognized, and the Senior Officers Party, where the senior officers are introduced.  

Those who are invited will see the time and date on the Captains Club instructions left in their state room on boarding day.

Technically, the second one is not a Captains Club event, although it may be organized by the Captains Club concierge or another member of the concierge staff.  Attendance is not limited to Captains Club members.

On the Apex the first party was the CC welcome event. Mid morning, open to all CC members. Sparkling wine, mimosas and OJ. No snacks.  The second was the CC Elite Senior Officers Party. Early evening. Elite and above only. Snacks and a variety of drinks. Top cruisers and new Zenith members recognized. 

On 6/13/2023 at 7:49 AM, upwarduk said:

Not the World Class bar or Sports bar.

Hello,

Not only can you not get Captain's Club drinks at the World Class Bar, you cannot be served anything other that what is on the specific World Class Bar Menu.

Regards,

Cublet

17 minutes ago, cublet said:

Not only can you not get Captain's Club drinks at the World Class Bar, you cannot be served anything other that what is on the specific World Class Bar Menu.

They will not mix other cocktails, but you can usually get straight shots of the top-shelf brands they stock. Do check prices first to avoid sticker shock 🙂

7 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

They will not mix other cocktails, but you can usually get straight shots of the top-shelf brands they stock. Do check prices first to avoid sticker shock 🙂

We usually have visited a couple of times per cruise. First few visits I struggled to find a drink I liked (too strong) then I found a mango one, yummy!

When I asked if they had anything like the mango one but not mango he made me a special orange one…I guess it depends how busy they are…

10 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I guess it depends how busy they are…

... and how comfortable they are with going 'off piste' as they are a franchise like LPC, and supposed to stick strictly to the menu which means they have very limited ingredients to work with.

They do carry some extra items to cover the cocktails in So5 which can help.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1