Disney Magic 2024/25 Itineraries are out

15 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

$1000/cabin/night? No thanks. Not even for mouse ears.

If I wanted to lay out that sort of money for a cruise I'd be looking at Viking or Regent.

Certainly not a ship you'd consider cruising as a solo on!

• Like 1

Also another thought. I wonder how much Disney Cruises are sucking out cruisiers who would have travelled on other lines for the opportunity crusing Disney. See they might have taken one or two on another line. But decided to take one expensive one on Disney since its a novelty.

17 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Also another thought. I wonder how much Disney Cruises are sucking out cruisiers who would have travelled on other lines for the opportunity crusing Disney. See they might have taken one or two on another line. But decided to take one expensive one on Disney since its a novelty.

Yes, I can understand that.  I decided to cruise less often, so I could afford to cruise on small ships, which are more expensive.

30 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Most Disney cruisers are just Disney cruisers, although I do know a few rusted-on cruisers that are also rusted-on Disney. As a comparison, how many cruisers are Virgin sucking away? Not enough to support a full season, vs Disney's first season all but sold-out in weeks. 

Like 6 star or expedition cruising, Disney are a niche with a ready made crowd of passengers. Yes, some of their passengers would have been on other ships. It is likely they are attracting more passengers who would do an Alaskan or Caribbean cruise on Disney vs a passenger that would do an Aussie cruise on Princess. There are also plenty of US Disney fans flying to Australia to cruise on Disney that wouldn't cruise on any other line.

We’re booked on Disney wonder in feb 2024 - decided to do as a novelty. However looking at the new Wonder itineraries and prices you could do a cruise with Royal for the same amount of nights for 1/3 the price. As others have said the diehards will book anyway but it’s a once off for us for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Emzz02 said:

We’re booked on Disney wonder in feb 2024 - decided to do as a novelty. However looking at the new Wonder itineraries and prices you could do a cruise with Royal for the same amount of nights for 1/3 the price. As others have said the diehards will book anyway but it’s a once off for us for sure. 

Yes, it is very expensive, but look at it like you have paid for the cruise, as well as the Disney experience.  Put on your Disney ears and have lots of fun.  Our family loves Disney Resorts and have visited WDW in Orlando, Florida, several times.  My elder daughter is staying in Fort Wilderness, in WDW, again in November. 

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

Most Disney cruisers are just Disney cruisers, although I do know a few rusted-on cruisers that are also rusted-on Disney. As a comparison, how many cruisers are Virgin sucking away? Not enough to support a full season, vs Disney's first season all but sold-out in weeks. 

Like 6 star or expedition cruising, Disney are a niche with a ready made crowd of passengers. Yes, some of their passengers would have been on other ships. It is likely they are attracting more passengers who would do an Alaskan or Caribbean cruise on Disney vs a passenger that would do an Aussie cruise on Princess. There are also plenty of US Disney fans flying to Australia to cruise on Disney that wouldn't cruise on any other line.

I know a few Australian families who while holidaying in the USA tacked on a Disney cruise but wouldn't think of cruising normally. I would say the same will probably happen here with Australian families, a one off cruise with Disney. Although some may pick up the cruising bug and become regular cruisers. It may be a positive for the other cruise lines.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, it is very expensive, but look at it like you have paid for the cruise, as well as the Disney experience.  Put on your Disney ears and have lots of fun.  Our family loves Disney Resorts and have visited WDW in Orlando, Florida, several times.  My elder daughter is staying in Fort Wilderness, in WDW, again in November. 

For $6,600 for 2 on a 7 night cruise vs $2100 for an ovation of the seas 7 night South Pacific is crazy. I said to hubby that I’d rather duck over to Disneyland for a week for a similar price! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emzz02 said:

For $6,600 for 2 on a 7 night cruise vs $2100 for an ovation of the seas 7 night South Pacific is crazy. I said to hubby that I’d rather duck over to Disneyland for a week for a similar price! 

A better choice would be WDW in Orlando, Florida (Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, Typhoon Water Park and its Boardwalk). But not everyone has enough leave, so the Aussie cruise is a taste.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:26 PM, arxcards said:

Its not sold out though...you can still get bookings for this year. I'm guessing lots of ppl cancelled as the cost of living crisis came in and the aussie doller became weaker against the american doller.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nehaahen said:

Its not sold out though...you can still get bookings for this year. I'm guessing lots of ppl cancelled as the cost of living crisis came in and the aussie doller became weaker against the american doller.

A lot have.. I’m on the Disney aus cruisers Facebook page and a lot have ‘jumped ship’ with the poor exchange rate. Problem with Disney is you pay based on the exchange rate so if you’re paying off the cruise bit by bit you have to watch the rate or you end up paying more than you started 

I think your statement is slightly misleading - the price itself doesn’t change due to the exchange rate e.g. it is still $6000 US.  It is the exchange rate that has changed so that $6000 is now worth $8733 Aus.

If the exchange rate went up, it would be less.   This is one of the dangers with booking in other currencies.

Edited by 2022cruisey
Misunderstood previous post