Cruise Ships Aust Covid Rules

7 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

Yes, that can happen in about 10% of cases (including my nephew).  I feel fortunate that I had a mild case and tested negative so quickly.

Although we both tested positive to Covid - for me I felt like I had a case of Norovirus - wont go into detail why but you can imagine, and it only lasted for a day. . Wife had virtually no symptoms at all - just kept testing positive for 14 days. No - cruises cost too much money for me to risk serious cruising now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Although we both tested positive to Covid - for me I felt like I had a case of Norovirus - wont go into detail why but you can imagine, and it only lasted for a day. . Wife had virtually no symptoms at all - just kept testing positive for 14 days. No - cruises cost too much money for me to risk serious cruising now. 

Have to agree with you Barry, tried about 5 insurance  companies, but have terminal cancer within, too expensive, if you can get it.  Oncologist gives me about 2 years. Happy I did about 30  cruises all over the world with my late wife. Just the odd road trip these days.

Stay safe mate, it is a jungle out there. Again thanks to all on here for their support. X😷

• Like 9

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

Have to agree with you Barry, tried about 5 insurance  companies, but have terminal cancer within, too expensive, if you can get it.  Oncologist gives me about 2 years. Happy I did about 30  cruises all over the world with my late wife. Just the odd road trip these days.

Stay safe mate, it is a jungle out there. Again thanks to all on here for their support. X😷

Always nice to see you on Cruise Critic.  Have you got any more road trips planned.  The weather is warmer up North.  My younger daughter, who is driving her van around Australia, is currently at Berry Springs, NT,, 21-34  89% humidity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Always nice to see you on Cruise Critic.  Have you got any more road trips planned.  The weather is warmer up North.  My younger daughter, who is driving her van around Australia, is currently at Berry Springs, NT,, 21-34  89% humidity.

11-22 sunny Gold Coast winter today!

On 6/26/2023 at 7:16 PM, NSWP said:

Sorry to hear that Les - we can only wish you the best mate.

Yes, it is great that you got to share your passion for cruising with your wife - great memories for sure.

Hope to catch up soon.

Cheers,

Neil & Tracey 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just the messenger here. It looks like the current protocols will be in play until the end of the year, at least. That is what the following Carnival communication is expecting, which is the current expectation for our Splendor cruise on Boxing Day.

Screenshot_20230707_122048.thumb.jpg.69107c7f8221cc8631e8f28cdaedbf09.jpg

•  

I just got a welcome from Princess. I see a Covid test is required prior to boarding it talks about self test but doesn’t mention a monitored self test   Anyone know about COVID testing requirements? Thanks 

•  

I just got a welcome from Princess. I see a Covid test is required prior to boarding it talks about self test but doesn’t mention a monitored self test   Anyone know about COVID testing requirements? Thanks 

•  

6 minutes ago, wendyp247 said:

The agreement between the cruise lines and the various Aust governments determined what we have to do. A self-administered RAT test within 24 hours, actually the previous day, is required. You have to photograph the test (with your passport details and a clock showing the time) and up-load this onto the cruise lines site. At check-in you will be asked if you tested negative to COVID. Your answer is regarded as a legal statement.

•  

14 hours ago, wendyp247 said:

•  

Monitored self-tests have never to my knowledge been part of the COVID testing regime in Australia. My sister lives in the USA and had to do one to satisfy the USA requirements before returning after a visit to Australia during the pandemic. Australia has PCR tests processed by labs, or self-administered Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs). A list of the approved RATs in Australia is on the TGA website. 

COVID-19 rapid antigen self-tests that are approved in Australia | Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)