Have I messed up?

elainmir

So normally as a Floridian I drive to all ports. However we got the Alaskan cruise offer and booked. I booked back in September but couldn't do my flights on Southwest until January. I purchased transportation thru carnival from Sea tac to pier and back before my flights were bought. We gave them all of our flight info  last week.We have an 11:40 am flight the day of debarkation. Hubby read the fine print and it said flights need to be 12 pm or later, I didn't see that when I booked but it's there ...now I'm wondering if that 20 minutes really is going to be a big deal and if I'm going to be in trouble..advice guys?

7 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Unfortunately no one can tell you if you will be ok because they can’t predict the future. Delays happen. When embarkation. With traffic to the airport. With TSA security lines. Personally, I never book flights that early. Just don’t want to risk it. 

This!

If everything goes as expected, you should be fine. 

I would be concerned with the transfer to the airport. What time is the bus heading out? And from past experience the buses wait until they are full to leave. If you do the walk off option with facial recognition customs is faster you just need your own transportation. Can't help there we haven't needed this before at this port.

I wouldn't worry about it but you need to know you are planning for everything to go as planned. 

There is always a chance something will delay debarking.  We arrived in Miami one morning and had a 12:30 flight out of FLL.  The ship ended up with some sort of inspection that delayed getting off by an hour, then we hit construction traffic and finally the airport security was a mess.  We didn't actually get to the gate until 12.  It is rare but it does happen.

11 hours ago, quack2 said:

True, but you subject yourself to fare increases since the original booking.

Well, of course, but it's a way better situation than having a nonrefundable fare, or one with a big change fee, and being stuck with a flight you wish you hadn't booked.

Prices can also come down, and when booking that far out, they often do.

I'm confused as well. Is your flight arriving at 11:40am in Seattle? If that is the case and they don't start boarding shuttles until 12pm than you won't even make it out of the airport before noon. SeaTac is large and you take a tram or longgggg walk to get to the baggage claim and exits. It will take you at least 1/2 an hour to get to baggage claim and than you wait for the luggage to come out. I suspect they list this so you don't expect to catch an earlier shuttle to the ship. You won't clear customs at the airport because you don't have an international flight. Customs will be done at the ship. Depending on how many people are in your party, it would be cheaper taking a ride share to the port. Seattle has many options available for transportation. This will also enable you to leave quicker from the airport rather than waiting for the shuttle to fill up. 

Sorry disregard previous reply. I read wrong. You're talking disembarking. My mistake.  Do not give your luggage up the night before disembarking. Choose self assist as your disembarking choice meaning you carry your luggage off the ship yourself. You need to line up early with your luggage and you exit the ship first. Customs will  have no line as you will be the first 100 or so people exiting the ship. You will be able to quickly grab a taxi or ride share outside to the airport. This is the easiest and quickest way to avoid the waiting on board ship, missing a flight due to unforseen delays or long shuttle lines. This is also the cheapest way if you have multiple people you are paying  transfers on. If the transfer you booked through the cruise are non refundable, they can probably transfer the funds to an on  board credit. The no flights  before 12pm is so they aren't held responsible for you missing your flight. If you choose to keep the transfers and write 12pm on your disembarking request you will be assigned one of the earlier disembarking colors but they don't guarantee you will make it to the airport in time. I would ask to cancel the transfer.