Ember on Vista

jjwoben1

5 hours ago, Rumpledbumskin said:

Too early to say I think. After all, the experiment is only a few months old.

Jim

True, but haven’t seen one post stating they can’t wait to return to Ember. 

27 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

But remember that in general, complaints greatly outweigh compliments in numbers for social media in forums like CC, as the dissatisified are often more vocal.  So we really don't know what the general sentiment of past passengers is.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Jayne E said:

The average CC poster might not be the target market they are trying to attract with the new venue.  It smells to me like 'millennials bait.'  They are looking towards their future customers and hoping to attract/satisfy 'younger upper income foodies.'

Expect more vegan/veg, more poke bowls at Aquamar, fancy burgers, truffle tries, Mission style burritos, Pho and other popular 'comfort foods' to continue to pop up.

Funny anecdote.  At Aquamar we asked for extra poke in our poke bowl and got confusion.  It was apparent no one thought to train any of the chefs or servers that 'poke' is the marinated tuna part of the 'bowl' dish.  We claried that we wanted extra tuna and received it. 🙂

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pizzasteve said:

The average CC poster might not be the target market they are trying to attract with the new venue.  It smells to me like 'millennials bait.'  They are looking towards their future customers and hoping to attract/satisfy 'younger upper income foodies.'

Expect more vegan/veg, more poke bowls at Aquamar, fancy burgers, truffle tries, Mission style burritos, Pho and other popular 'comfort foods' to continue to pop up.

Funny anecdote.  At Aquamar we asked for extra poke in our poke bowl and got confusion.  It was apparent no one thought to train any of the chefs or servers that 'poke' is the marinated tuna part of the 'bowl' dish.  We claried that we wanted extra tuna and received it. 🙂

At least they didn't just guess and put pork in it.  That would have been a pig in a poke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

Millennials won’t be looking for cruises that are full of retirees and have little entertainment.  Virgin attracts that age group of foodies. O could learn a lot from Virgins food choices. This is my opinion based on my adult children and their friends.  The ones that have children will be going on Disney.  

• Like 3

Just back from Rome-Southampton on Vista, 24 nights.  We were a little concerned about our booked dinners in Ember having been told service was rather too fast. We had tables booked for 8pm, probably later than many other cruisers prefer, but that is when we like to eat dinner.  On both occasions we really enjoyed Ember. Fantastically tasty and tender bone in rib eyes, cooked medium to our perfection, lobster roll light and delicious, all other items ordered very good to excellent and served in generous proportions.  Service from staff very much on point and absolutely no rush whatsoever, table ours until closing. Highly enjoyable. 

• Like 8

On 8/3/2023 at 12:02 PM, Jayne E said:

Reviews of Embers are mainly the same.....average menu and food, noisy and a step down from Jacques.  Booking Riviera/Marina whenever possible, however for Caribbean where we're at port in under an hour, only option now is Vista. 

Time to admit their mistake and change Embers back to Jacques.  Has FDR retired and got out of town?  Our fav. dining venue. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RJB said:

Time to admit their mistake and change Embers back to Jacques.  Has FDR retired and got out of town?  Our fav. dining venue. 

Actually, the most recent reviews have been very positive and so they may have been evolving and listening to the feedback.....

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, RJB said:

Are you only reading what you want to see? Some people are liking it just fine, and not just mericans. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Seems several of recent posters say they like Ember.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2023 at 8:20 PM, Jayne E said:

On Vista now.  As stated in another thread, we had a wonderful experience in Ember.  Working with Reservations for a return visit at a 6:30pm time…

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

We are currently in Vista.. Ember tomorrow night . I spoke to a bunch of others on the ship who have eaten in Ember. Only 1 couple didn't like it .

That is too bad I was hoping to get more  res  there 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

That is too bad I was hoping to get more  res  there 🤔

All slots in ember full today. I asked at desk 

But they will take name for waiting list

21 hours ago, ORV said:

Are you only reading what you want to see? Some people are liking it just fine, and not just mericans. 

No not at all.  I see a lot of posts that say they do not love it as we all loved Jocques. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RJB said:

No not at all.  I see a lot of posts that say they do not love it as we all loved Jocques. 

A lot of people do not love Jacques  so it all works out  in the end 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

what is the tastiest fare you have had on Ember? Please leave out any shellfish. 

I had the bone in rib-eye which I enjoyed.  The other two with me had the Kurobuto pork chops and thoroughly enjoyed that dish with the polenta.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We found Ember enjoyable. The food is okay but very casual and has little to do with The Finest Cuisine At Sea. Vista already has lots of casual restaurants (Terrace, Waves, Pizza) Why add another? Jacques felt more upscale and special. 

Edited by maxamize
  • Like 1