Free at Sea Plus Question

golf4me2010

We were considering upgrading the drink package to plus as well as the wifi to unlimited. Those two upgrades equal the FAS+ cost so seems like a no brainer. Get 50 off excursions plus 2 more specialty dining options.

We already booked 3 excursions so in order to get the 50 for the 2nd guest do I need to cancel all of them and rebook? 

Thank you !! 

2 minutes ago, golf4me2010 said:

We were considering upgrading the drink package to plus as well as the wifi to unlimited. Those two upgrades equal the FAS+ cost so seems like a no brainer. Get 50 off excursions plus 2 more specialty dining options.

We already booked 3 excursions so in order to get the 50 for the 2nd guest do I need to cancel all of them and rebook? 

Thank you !! 

You do NOT need to cancel your excursions.  What should happen is: NCL returns an appropriate amount back to the method of payment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, complawyer said:

the $50 only applies to the 1st guest, regardless. the only way the other person gets it, is if they book their own cabin. 

This is not true. Free at Sea Plus includes an extra $50 off shore excursions. 

Edited by sansroof
  • Like 2

Just now, complawyer said:

the $50 only applies to the 1st guest, regardless. the only way the other person gets it, is if they book their own cabin. 

the 2nd person does get the $50.  You get $50 for each person once you upgrade

• Like 3

If I upgrade my FAS WiFi (150 minutes) to unlimited, is it limited to only one device or does it work for one device at a time?  I plan to have a tablet plus a laptop but I can only use one at a time.

one device at a time, but you can use as many devices as you like... one at a time. 

computer, tablet, phone... it's all good... one at a time.

if you try to log into another device, you'll be told that you are currently logged in elsewhere and the system will ask if you want to disconnect that device. normally, people have to be very cognizant of logging out to save their minutes. if you have unlimited, no such worry. you'll be asked if you wish to disconnect the other device when you sign into the new one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, golf4me2010 said:

Correct. Hoping I don't need to cancel to get the $$ back. Sounds like maybe not. 

Yes...You are correct.  This is what will happen, since you already paid for your 3 excursions:

After you purchase the "Free at Sea Plus", NCL will also issue a $50 credit to the original form of payment you used to pay for the Excursions. 

The "EXACT" example happened to us on our March cruise. 

We had paid for three excursions back in December, and then upgraded to "Free at Sea Plus" in January.  One week later, my wife's CC received the credit because she had originally paid for the excursions. Just note, that you will get the $50 back, less any latitude discount you are due, if you are Silver or above... A 10% discount means you get $45 credit back)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Luv2cruisewithtwins said:

I'm considering upgrading to the Free at Sea PLUS package.  We do like top shelf liquor, we booked 4 excursions & unfortunately have to work on our trip so we need unlimited internet.  Do you fing the package is worth it? Or should I just upgrade the internet? Thank you in advance. 

Internet performance varies from ship to ship, location within ship, and even ship's sailing location.  That said, we have had pretty good experience upgrading (Via FAS+) to Unlimited Internet.  The basic minutes package burns through too quickly for two of us to use even for emails and some light internet surfing over 7 days.  The 4 excursions alone will result in a $200 credit back to you (without latitude discount) so at this point the FAS+ upgrade is a great deal if you need internet and also do top shelf liquor...

• 3 weeks later...

We just realized for us the "FREE AT SEA PLUS" promotion appears to be a great deal. We always book NCL excursions, I drink wine, beer and Baileys and my DW drinks Starbucks hot chocolate and bottled water, we both always upgrade to unlimited Wi-Fi, and we always buy additional specialty dinners, on top of what we normally get for free. Even with having to pay the additional $21 pp/day for the beverage package gratuities, it still seems like a great deal! Are we missing something?

One question, for those that know. Can our TA apply the FAS Plus upgrade to exiting bookings, as we have a B3B booked in Oct 2024 and a B2B in May 2025?

image.thumb.png.e2e2ce2f2514fbff249047f7070be2df.png

10 minutes ago, Grimix said:

Yes. I just upgraded from the website and didn't involve my TA at all.

If I might ask, how did you do it? I might add we initially declined paying the beverage package gratuities when we booked the cruise.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Have you created an NCL.com account? If so you would go to My Account, and your reservation should be there. Click View Reservation, and then under "Explore and Plan" I think there's usually a button for Upgrades. There you'll find the FAS+ option. If you don't have an account you can register and use the Latitudes number for your current reservation to be able to get there. (You may have to ask your TA for it if you don't have it, but I think you get one created for you automatically when you book a cruise)

I think there is also a chance if you've had this booked for more than a year you may be out of luck as I remember it was only available for cruises booked after a certain date. (We wanted to upgrade for our October cruise last year but were unable to as we had booked it around a year before and we booked it before they started allowing people to add it.)

I haven't declined the beverage package before but as long as you're more than a few days before sailing you should be able to add FAS back in, but for that you might need to go through your TA, but they do like to sell upgrades so I wouldn't be surprised if it is available to do online.

Edited by Grimix
Adding info

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, how did you do it? I might add we initially declined paying the beverage package gratuities when we booked the cruise.

You can't upgrade something you declined.

You can pay retail price for the Premium Plus package which is $138+20% gratuity per day. Which is $165.60 per day * 7 days = $1,159.20 per person for a one week cruise. 

You log on to your ncl.com account, select your cruise, select Explore and Plan, Select Beverage Packages, and select the Premium Plus package for $1159.20 per person for a 7-night cruise. 

If you opt-in for the free at see Premium [not plus] package and pay the grats, the upgrade cost from the Premium to Premium Plus package $243.60 per person for a seven night cruise. 

As a very frequent cruiser, we can live with the plain ole Premium package and drink house brands of spirits. 

1 hour ago, Grimix said:

Have you created an NCL.com account? If so you would go to My Account, and your reservation should be there. Click View Reservation, and then under "Explore and Plan" I think there's usually a button for Upgrades. There you'll find the FAS+ option. If you don't have an account you can register and use the Latitudes number for your current reservation to be able to get there. (You may have to ask your TA for it if you don't have it, but I think you get one created for you automatically when you book a cruise)

I think there is also a chance if you've had this booked for more than a year you may be out of luck as I remember it was only available for cruises booked after a certain date. (We wanted to upgrade for our October cruise last year but were unable to as we had booked it around a year before and we booked it before they started allowing people to add it.)

I haven't declined the beverage package before but as long as you're more than a few days before sailing you should be able to add FAS back in, but for that you might need to go through your TA, but they do like to sell upgrades so I wouldn't be surprised if it is available to do online.

Thanks! I do have an NCL account and we booked our Oct 2024 Med B3B on the Getaway this past December, and our May 2025 B2B on the Star last month, so we should be able to get the the promotion applied once we get all of the prerequisites put back in place.

But since we didn’t initially opt to pay for the FAS Beverage gratuities, the “Plus” upgrade doesn’t appear to be an online option on any of our bookings. Hopefully, as you suggested, we will ask our TA to see if she can get NCL to add the FAS beverage promotion back into our existing bookings, to include adding the required beverage gratuities, as we did pay the gratuities for the FAS SD perk.

Thanks again for taking the time to help us with this issue. As you may have noticed from my signature, we also cruise quite a bit lately with Celebrity and Princess, and we have found each cruise line has their own rules of engagement, which we’re continually trying to learn. 😁

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You can't upgrade something you declined.

You can pay retail price for the Premium Plus package which is $138+20% gratuity per day. Which is $165.60 per day * 7 days = $1,159.20 per person for a one week cruise. 

You log on to your ncl.com account, select your cruise, select Explore and Plan, Select Beverage Packages, and select the Premium Plus package for $1159.20 per person for a 7-night cruise. 

If you opt-in for the free at see Premium [not plus] package and pay the grats, the upgrade cost from the Premium to Premium Plus package $243.60 per person for a seven night cruise. 

As a very frequent cruiser, we can live with the plain ole Premium package and drink house brands of spirits. 

Thanks, but we’d much prefer just working with our TA to get the FAS Beverage package added back in by applying the $21 pp/day gratuities charge to our cruise fare, so we can subsequently upgrade it to the FAS Plus option and get ALL of its perks for an additional $49 pp/day, to include the Premium Plus Beverage Package.

New to the free at sea promo, is the speciality dining # of meals per person for the first 2 guests? I am on a 12 day cruise in a balcony, so do I get 3 meals to split across 2 people or 6 meals for 2 people? 

1 hour ago, Koali said:

New to the free at sea promo, is the speciality dining # of meals per person for the first 2 guests? I am on a 12 day cruise in a balcony, so do I get 3 meals to split across 2 people or 6 meals for 2 people? 

it's per person.  so yes, 6 meals

• Thanks 1