Wine Pairing Dinners on Vista

jjwoben1

They were and were served in Prive. There were wine pairing dinners offered in Polo and Toscana in a semi private room with a table for 8-10 or so.  I was not able to count the chairs when we saw Frank Del Rio and his guests in the room in Toscana. He did have 14 at his table in Prive. 
I would guess there will continue to be efforts made by O to offer “Fine” dining options in their restaurants so always ask. 
Mauibabes

From the  website  they  have the Dom Perignon & Odyessey   listed  in Privee  on Vista 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista/culinary-experiences

"Privée is our intimate venue for unforgettable wine experiences by La Reserve. Guests can choose from two distinctive and unique multi-course pairing dinners, each a sublime celebration of the finer things in life and limited to eight privileged diners per evening. Savor the truly one-of-a-kind Dom Pérignon Experience that pairs special Champagne vintages with thoughtfully crafted dishes or perhaps enjoy the exquisitely curated Odyssey Menu that is a gustatory journey for the senses. Dramatically backlit, debossed walls and a blooming flower petal ceiling, from which a dramatic chandelier descends over the polished marble slab dining table, only enhance the indulgent occasion. A wall of floor-to-ceiling glass provides an exhilarating view to complement these magnificent dining experiences that can literally traverse continents."

A bit of old and new.  One must put together their own group, of up to ten people, and then check with the dining reservations people on the availability of Privee on any given night. The Group can choose either dinner at its appropriate costs. I was told by a guest that the minimum is ten for a dinner. It is not published anywhere I can find, but it appears, from those that asked, one must pay the $300 room fee plus the dinner fee. Cost of Dom P is $395 + 20% grats, Odyssey is $150 + 20% grats. I don’t know for sure, but have not heard of or seen anyone doing the dinners. It has been used for traditional Captain invite dinners.

The ship does advertise the special wine paired meals in PG and Toscana. First come first. They have not provided a menu of either the food nor wine served. One dinner is $99, the other $199. 

While we’re on it, they are offering a wine tasting for $99. The wines tasted are a mystery as no one can seem to find out what they are. I declined the mystery tasting, so can’t report on it. 

I truly don’t know whether all this is planned mysteries or just typical Oceania non communication. I suppose they want you to pay to find out. 🙄😂

A Sea Day, and just sat down with the lady at Restaurant Reservations. The story is coming together for Privee.

Oceania does book the La Reserve dinners on specific nights. Max capacity is eight (8) people. To hold a dinner, all eight spaces have to be sold or the event is canceled. This is why putting together a group oneself is important, because otherwise they may not get enough signups. Currently, there has been a total ,since first sailing,  of three Odyssey and no Dom P dinners held. You can’t book until aboard, and then hope to get enough to sign up on the nights available.

I was able to finally get the menus for the wine pairing dinners in PG and Toscana. Will try to post later.

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Oceania does book the La Reserve dinners on specific nights. Max capacity is eight (8) people. To hold a dinner, all eight spaces have to be sold or the event is canceled. This is why putting together a group oneself is important, because otherwise they may not get enough signups.

That's what we did on the May 20th Vista cruise.  We were told min and maximum was 8 people.  When we arrived in Privee, the table was set for 10 people.  Communication seems to be an issue.

When you pay the Odyssey or Dom price for the meal, there is no $300 charge for the room.

Edited by cruisingxpert
  • Thanks 1

I suppose they have a reason for this - but we loved the two dinners we had at La Reserve on previous Riviera cruises AND the ease of booking.   No need to put a group together.  In fact unless you are travelling in a group how on earth would you do that ?

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I suppose they have a reason for this - but we loved the two dinners we had at La Reserve on previous Riviera cruises AND the ease of booking.   No need to put a group together.  In fact unless you are travelling in a group how on earth would you do that ?

We also loved the two wine pairing dinners we did! I’m thinking/hoping that posting on the roll call is a good idea. Just did that minutes ago for our Vista cruise next year so will see if that works.

20 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

That's what we did on the May 20th Vista cruise.  We were told min and maximum was 8 people.  When we arrived in Privee, the table was set for 10 people.  Communication seems to be an issue.

When you pay the Odyssey or Dom price for the meal, there is no $300 charge for the room.

Your name seems familiar to me, probably from my live thread on Riviera a couple years ago. Could you be the poster who knew so much about the cheese wheel? Also saw your name on one of the roll calls I joined this morning. We are hoping to put together a group for the wine pairing dinner (Odyssey preferable to Dom).

11 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Your name seems familiar to me, probably from my live thread on Riviera a couple years ago. Could you be the poster who knew so much about the cheese wheel? Also saw your name on one of the roll calls I joined this morning. We are hoping to put together a group for the wine pairing dinner (Odyssey preferable to Dom).

Good memory.  I love the creamy smelly cheeses.  It was Hambagahle that identified the Tete de Moine on that cart.  I had never heard of it.

The one unfortunate thing that was missing from our Odyssey menu on Vista was the French butter

2 Echire Salted Butter Cup, one wrapped, the other open, front view.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

I am so going to miss the Jacques cheese cart on Vista 😪. Any place on Vista that does have something similar so I can get my stinky cheese fix in lieu of a sweet dessert?

Yes there is. In Terrace they have some nice smelly cheeses that I never see here in Canada 

Livarot and Munster(that's not a spelling error)  Nothing like Muenster.  Even the Brie is much better than anything at home.

Munster: Alsace's Most Famous Cheese (Origin & Flavour Guide)

Edited by cruisingxpert
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PirateShark said:

Memo to self:  skip dessert in the dining rooms and go to the Terrace.  Thanks for the response!

The GDR always has a cheese plate at the bottom of the dessert menu and it changes (daily I think). There is also cheese in Terrace at lunch; not sure it's every day, but I know my spouse had it often (and he likes stinky). The cheese at breakfast is fairly mild. Here is the selection from the GDR dessert menu posted on O's site:

image.png.72279fe763389d4d8b88e75fb02a6a6b.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Good memory.  I love the creamy smelly cheeses.  It was Hambagahle that identified the Tete de Moine on that cart.  I had never heard of it.

The one unfortunate thing that was missing from our Odyssey menu on Vista was the French butter

You are prob right!! Sounds to me though that we share a love of wonderful cheeses as well as that fine French butter, ohhhh that was so good! I will also sorely miss the cheese cart in Jacques as others have said but glad to hear that there are other good spots on vista for cheese. 

Looking forward to sailing with you!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 6:56 AM, pinotlover said:

A Sea Day, and just sat down with the lady at Restaurant Reservations. The story is coming together for Privee.

Oceania does book the La Reserve dinners on specific nights. Max capacity is eight (8) people. To hold a dinner, all eight spaces have to be sold or the event is canceled. This is why putting together a group oneself is important, because otherwise they may not get enough signups. Currently, there has been a total ,since first sailing,  of three Odyssey and no Dom P dinners held. You can’t book until aboard, and then hope to get enough to sign up on the nights available.

I was able to finally get the menus for the wine pairing dinners in PG and Toscana. Will try to post later.

did you ever post the menus?

On 6/22/2023 at 1:03 AM, cruisingxpert said:

AHH. French butter.  We love it so much we go to France to get ours.  Swiss butter is nothing in comparison!  And when we go to get butter (1 hour drive to either Evian or Chamonix from here) we have lunch!!  (I think I might be running low on butter right now and will have to check...)