Trying to update my email address

amajaa

Hi, I’m trying to update my email address and it says it can’t because:see below. What does this mean please? 

Login Id/password updation not completed as emailFlag is not Migrated

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Hi, I’m trying to update my email address and it says it can’t because:see below. What does this mean please? 

Sounds more like a windows 10 glitch, maybe an update needed?

Try to change your email on your phone instead of laptop/PC or Vice versa.

Make sure to keep your devices updated and clear history/cache. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Can you post an actual screenshot showing this error?  Seeing the actual image sometimes helps to  determine exactly where it is coming from.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Can you post an actual screenshot showing this error?  Seeing the actual image sometimes helps to  determine exactly where it is coming from.

It was just that wording ( that I copied from page) under my email address I was trying to change it to, so unfortunately I don’t want to post my email address

25 minutes ago, amajaa said:

It was just that wording ( that I copied from page) under my email address I was trying to change it to, so unfortunately I don’t want to post my email address

If you are using Windows you can use the "snip" function to just copy the part of the page you want to copy. You can also get the whole message area and use the pen tool in snip to black out the email address.

Edit: Are you trying to update your email address here on Cruise Critic or with Princess?

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

It may mean that you cannot change your pw if you have a current booking.

I would call them or use chat, if you’re still not able to change it.  Ask them if it will change the email on your current bookings also.  

20 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you are using Windows you can use the "snip" function to just copy the part of the page you want to copy. You can also get the whole message area and use the pen tool in snip to black out the email address.

Edit: Are you trying to update your email address here on Cruise Critic or with Princess?

On my Princess account and also on the Princess App

I've had similar issues where I couldn't update things on the website.  I ended up making the changes in the Medallion app which then updated things on Princess.com.

Maybe give that a try?

6 hours ago, SDWalt said:

I've had similar issues where I couldn't update things on the website.  I ended up making the changes in the Medallion app which then updated things on Princess.com.

Maybe give that a try?

Thanks but it wouldn’t let me update on that either, I think I am just going to wait until we board in August and ask then. Unfortunately I hear now the loyalty desk and the future cruise desk has been combined so there might be a bit of a queue to see anybody. 

Be sure to include the country code with your phone number. I know a lot of folks had issues with getting the app to work and they had to do with not using the country code. I "think" the UK code is +44.

On 6/21/2023 at 1:52 AM, amajaa said:

Thanks but it wouldn’t let me update on that either, I think I am just going to wait until we board in August and ask then. Unfortunately I hear now the loyalty desk and the future cruise desk has been combined so there might be a bit of a queue to see anybody. 

I had a problem with my email address, it had switched to my Moms. The message said I had to call to do a change. That opened up a can of worms as my email was corrected, on second try, but my birth date was changed. Took 3 more phone calls to get my birth date corrected. You might save the frustration and change it face to face on the ship. Good Luck!

Your email address is used for logging in and while this is technically not your user id/member ID (as shown on the My Account tab, see below) it's probably difficult to change on the fly depending on how their database is set up. So you probably have to work directly with a Princess rep to get it updated

image.png.c452dc36180dfa848d6f574d4579c40f.png

• 7 months later...

Changing your email address on the website is a comedy of errors. In general, you will find that it will not work, or it will work halfway and lock you out of your account. When you call for technical support, you will be connected to someone from the reservation desk from a foreign call center who you can barely understand, and they will tell you that it is not possible to connect you with any technical support. They will then attempt to be the technical support, and they will fail. In the end, you will give up, and just pretend you don’t actually have access to the website, because it will never work again. 

if you attempt to chat, you would be put into a long queue, which will eventually empty, but no one will ever answer.  

I feel your pain.

since we can’t check into our cruise, or update anything online, I’m hoping that when we get to the port, will be able to sort this out. But I seriously doubt it.  

it is a cliché to say this is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced, but in this case, I think it actually is. I’m fairly certain I’ve never encountered a company who handles technical issues like this worse than princess.

I recently had to change my email address because I switched my internet provider at home and my old email was through my old cable company. I called the Princess #800 number and they were able to change it for me. It only took a few minutes. When I logged in with my new email all my bookings were there. 

I tried the chat today, no answer. I called, from dialing to hanging up took less than 10 min. Phone number updated and email changed. Just pressed option #2 (existing customer with a reservation?) and held for an agent. Information was updated, said will take 72 hours to show but it was immediate when I logged in. 

I was able to change our email preference address in my profile, but couldn't change our log one "name" that was the old address or password as Princess sent the verification email to the old address, which we can't access anymore!