Le Petit Chef - "The Other Menu"

OK, I know reviews are mixed on the whole thing. And I know if you opt for "The Other Menu" the animation won't match up.

But...

I'm pondering it for the final night of my upcoming cruise, but I'd definitely be doing "The Other Menu" as the primary one is very seafood heavy and that's a nope for me. Do you just tell your server you want "The Other Menu" at the start? (I may opt to not do it...just pondering options here.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

OK, I know reviews are mixed on the whole thing. And I know if you opt for "The Other Menu" the animation won't match up.

But...

I'm pondering it for the final night of my upcoming cruise, but I'd definitely be doing "The Other Menu" as the primary one is very seafood heavy and that's a nope for me. Do you just tell your server you want "The Other Menu" at the start? (I may opt to not do it...just pondering options here.)

I’m curious about the same thing.  I want to try Le Petit Chef, but do not like seafood. 

• Like 1

I love Le Petit Chef , yes there are two menus , animation is geared to first , but no big deal , there is a A,B,C,D for both we normally pick at choose so you can pick A and C from primary and B and D from other .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Do you just tell your server you want "The Other Menu" at the start? (I may opt to not do it...just pondering options here.)

You have 2 choices for each course and place your order with the waiter prior to your meal just like any other restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aloanldy said:

I don't believe the menu is the same all the time.  I was on Edge in Feb and it wasn't seafood.

Been twice, each time it was one beef dish or one seafood offered for entree. 

For my July cruise, the app does not show much seafood for the first seating menu. I may substitute the main dish. The app says it's filet, and I am not a huge beef fan. However, it may allow me to have room for something else that day😂 The app may be wrong though.

Just got off the constellation. Six of us went to the restaurant to book and we were shown two complete menus that changed midweek. Each menu had a front and back. Side one matched the animation side two did not. Side one was more seafood based. Side two more chicken/beef. You could pick from both sides for appetizer, starter, main, dessert. It sounds complicated but really wasn’t. And even if the animation didn’t match all the way through it was still charming and fun. The food is very tasty and presentation terrific. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Octavias said:

I’m allergic to shellfish so had assumed I wouldn’t be able to eat there.  If there is a beef option, maybe I can.  I’ll have to check the menu out closer to my cruise.  

I am Dairy Intolerant, so have assumed that the kitchen can’t adapt.

Does anyone know whether allergies are catered for?

The only problem might be the dessert choices. When we went it was ice cream sundae or chocolate cake. My daughter in law doesn’t eat cheese ( except if it’s on pizza!) so she chose the salad without mozzarella). I think they will accommodate up to a point but it’s not a full kitchen. 

• Like 1