Celebrity Coming to CocoCay?

2 minutes ago, MichiganMan4 said:

Just received the following from Celebrity… does this mean their ships coming to CocoCay soon and sharing with Royal’s?

(yes I know it’s the same parent company)

IMG_4041.jpeg

Wonder what scheduling problem if any. 

Kids friendly cruise line vs non on the island. 

9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Wonder what scheduling problem if any. 

Kids friendly cruise line vs non on the island. 

Agreed,  I don't think the usual celebrity crowd will particularly enjoy the island when there's an oasis class full of families there as well.

Wonder if this will continue to drive up the stupid prices for the activities/cabanas

Edited by acuprulez

If you look around, there is little, if any RCCL branding.  Perfect for other ships or lines to use the place.  

Folks on the Celebrity board don't seem upset.  In fact, many are hoping that will be the announcement.

They often say that X is trying to get younger passengers, sound familiar?

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

With Celebrity's upscale pricing model maybe they figure they can upscale PDCC prices more with X guests.

Or even better, Celebrity guests pay 2x as much as RC guests for various things.

As always, anything you hear on a ship should be taken with a grain of salt, but on a recent cruise one of the officers told me RC wanted to build another pier to have more than 2 ships at a time.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Or even better, Celebrity guests pay 2x as much as RC guests for various things.

As always, anything you hear on a ship should be taken with a grain of salt, but on a recent cruise one of the officers told me RC wanted to build another pier to have more than 2 ships at a time.

I've been waiting for a pier announcement.  It's just a matter of the right size bribe, I mean lobbying fee, to the right official.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't be surprised, especially since Celebrity is owned by Royal Caribbean Group and that little island has made them a pretty penny, especially over the past couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a ship like Apex or Beyond stop there and even tender folks in (those ships have the really nice lifeboats that even seem luxurious).

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Would be interesting logistically considering the RCL has two ships there every day already.

Not everyday. Off the top of my head (due to several bookings), Wonder is there alone... a lot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Would be interesting logistically considering the RCL has two ships there every day already.

Few yrs ago Labadee had 3 Ships stopping there multiple times. Think one would Tender in. Can't remember all the Lines that stopped at Royals 2 Islands but Carnival was one of them

Edited by ONECRUISER