Ship swap from Reflection to Beyond In 2024 FLL

Wennfred

Celebrity Beyond will be sailing out of FLL replacing the Reflection on 3 sailings so if you are booked on Reflection, you should be getting an email today with this information.

IMG_4264.jpeg

Edited by Wennfred
  • Thanks 1

We are excited to inform you that your upcoming Caribbean cruise aboard Celebrity Reflection, scheduled to embark out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, will now take place on the stunning Celebrity Beyond. You will now be experiencing one of our newest and most remarkable ships at no additional cost. Moreover, you’ll be among the first Celebrity Cruises guests to visit Royal Caribbean’s Perfect Day at CocoCay in the Bahamas.

We are on the June 15th 8 night ABC cruise on the Reflection  and received the change email from our TA today......lets see what they change our room too??

Needless to say, we are 'Beyond' excited !!!

Edited by CTCruiser76
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

We are on the June 15th 8 night ABC cruise on the Reflection  and received the change email from our TA today......lets see what they change our room too??

I'm glad you're excited (and I really do mean that!). We, on the other hand, are really unhappy. We were booked on the Beyond sailing the Adriatic next May. I found out about the change here on CC several hours before I received Celebrity's e-mail. Spent 2 hours on hold with Celebrity to see about a refund, and much of today canceling hotel and transfer reservations and private tours. 😞

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MustBCruzn said:

I'm glad you're excited (and I really do mean that!). We, on the other hand, are really unhappy. We were booked on the Beyond sailing the Adriatic next May. I found out about the change here on CC several hours before I received Celebrity's e-mail. Spent 2 hours on hold with Celebrity to see about a refund, and much of today canceling hotel and transfer reservations and private tours. 😞

Sorry for the disappointment and the change 😞 

2 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Curious how they handle the rooms also. We were booked on August 10 Reflection sailing in a Signature Suite. That room type doesn’t exist on the Beyond…

I don’t mind the ship change. Live the Reflection but sailed it 3 times over the last 2 years. 

I was booked on Reflection B2B 4/21/24 and 4/27/24. I have received notification of the switch for only 1 cruise- 4/2124. I wonder where the 2nd cruise notification is?

And m,in addition? I did receive notification of cancellation of my 11/1/24 Beyond Transatlantic! So much confusion!!!

New cabins???? New pricing????

Add to this chaos - the piloting of X’s new, sparser, upcharged items on new menu on my 9/16 Equinox sailing, A poster just wrote that Tilapia was an entree on 3 nights of his current 8 night Equinox sailing!!!!   What is going on with Celebrity? Modern Luxury no more!!!!

Edited by luv4cruises

7 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

I was booked on Reflection B2B 4/21/24 and 4/27/24. I have received notification of the switch for only 1 cruise- 4/2124. I wonder where the 2nd cruise notification is?

And m,in addition? I did receive notification of cancellation of my 11/1/24 Beyond Transatlantic! So much confusion!!!

Add to this chaos - the piloting of X’s new, sparser, upcharged items on new menu on my 9/16 Equinox sailing, A poster just wrote that Tilapia was an entree on 3 nights of his current 8 night Equinox sailing!!!!   What is going on with Celebrity? Modern Luxury no more!!!!

We are doing the same BTB.. Travel agent said it would be hashed out in a couple weeks, rooms etc.   Beyond will be our ship for both, as Beyond is staying in the Caribbean. 

56 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So in many situations, cruisers will go from traditional balcony cabins to IV's.  There are a lot of folks who will not like that.

We have not sailed any edge class ship because we have no desire to sail in an IV nor pay the exorbitant suite prices. We have a B3B in May '24 that is affected by this change and are very unhappy campers. We are in concierge which are mainly located below the buffet and pool deck on the Beyond which causes a huge concern in itself!!! And I highly doubt Celebrity would be smart enough to assign us the same stateroom for all 3 sailings like we had. We have NRD so it is doubtful we can get a refund. I know this crap happens but I don't have to be okay with it nor understand it.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

We have not sailed any edge class ship because we have no desire to sail in an IV nor pay the exorbitant suite prices. We have a B3B in May '24 that is affected by this change and are very unhappy campers. We are in concierge which are mainly located below the buffet and pool deck on the Beyond which causes a huge concern in itself!!! And I highly doubt Celebrity would be smart enough to assign us the same stateroom for all 3 sailings like we had. We have NRD so it is doubtful we can get a refund. I know this crap happens but I don't have to be okay with it nor understand it.  

If you have a NRD, and Celebrity made this change, you could potentially get a full refund.  If it were me, I would ask about it.  Do you have a TA representing you?

9 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

I am  on the 21st and 27th as well.  Yesterday I received two separate emails for each cruise.

12 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

If you have a NRD, and Celebrity made this change, you could potentially get a full refund.  If it were me, I would ask about it.  Do you have a TA representing you?

We do have a TA. I left a msg and also sent an email to her yesterday and I am awaiting her call back.

I have a TA. I have emailed him.

I still only have Celebrity notifications for my 4/21/24 Refection and my 11/1/24 Beyond Transatlantic cancellation. 

My 4/27/24 Reflection is MIA!🥲

I called X at 5:00 AM Pacific time -left call back number- received call back at 6:08 , confirmed It was me , then waited for 30 minutes listening to recording when I gave up. I have requested a 2nd call back-90 minute wait. Probably will not connect again!!!

I am beyond frustrated. I’m sure my TA will have to wait on hold just like all other TA’s. I’m particularly concerned with my MIA 8 night 4/27/24 cruise!

This does NOT feel like Modern Luxury!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Our May '24 Adriatic cruise was cancelled because of this switch. I had booked an NRD rate last year directly with Celebrity. To make a very long and very painful story short, the rep (trying to sound upbeat and generous) said, "we'll waive the NRD cancellation fee." That was it. Wow. I'm still reeling from X's generosity. We booked a British Isles cruise on HAL for the same timeframe instead.

Edited by MustBCruzn

5 minutes ago, MustBCruzn said:

Our May '24 Adriatic cruise was cancelled because of this switch. I had booked an NRD rate last year directly with Celebrity. To make a very long and very painful story short, the rep (trying to sound upbeat and generous) said, "we'll waive the NRD cancellation fee." That was it. Wow. I'm still reeling from X's generosity. We booked a British Isles cruise on HAL for the same timeframe instead.

After 50+ cruises on 6 different cruise lines(100 days on HAL) I had believed X was my favorite. The up-charges, cut-backs since 1/23 have me looking elsewhere- most recently this Beyond switch, new reduced-upcharge menu being piloted on the Equinox.( may Sept. cruise)   I wrote to the Executive Office yesterday!!!!

• Like 1

I am little concerned because I see the room categories for my Oct 2024 cruise now on Beyond all listed.

when are they moving the rooms from Reflection and how long will it take.

I do not want to lose my forward facing Ocean view room.

plus looks like prices are lower too new bookings.

The email states, same cabin type at no additional cost.

It will take a few weeks for the change, then they will notify you with new cabin assignments.

Edited by Wennfred

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I am little concerned because I see the room categories for my Oct 2024 cruise now on Beyond all listed.

Have you weighed just booking now and cancelling the other reservation?

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was on hold last night for nearly 3 hours. I'm also concerned that my preferred staterooms will be gone by the time this gets sorted out. I was told I would get the same stateroom number. That's a downgrade from what I had on Reflection. I tried to link my B2B cruises so I'll get the same stateroom. No go.  I tried to choose a stateroom. No go. I tried to get the reduced price I'm seeing online. No go. I booked specialty dining on both cruises at flash sale rates. I'll get refunds but who knows if I'll see another sale. This is very frustrating. At least I have a cruise still. The poor people who got cancelations definitely have it worse.