Where's the beef? I am not seeing Simply More pricing.

Nashna

4 minutes ago, Nashna said:

O's website is not showing the new Simply More program.  

And now it is showing simply nothing.

Please Accept Our Apologies

Oceania Cruises' website is currently unavailable.

Please try again later, or phone our office at:

United States & Canada: 855.OCEANIA (855.623.2642)

United Kingdom: 0345 55 1920

Europe (except United Kingdom): +44 345 505 1920

Australia: 1300 355 200

New Zealand: 0800 625 691

Brazil: 55 11 32537203

Asia: +612 9224 6098

All Other Nations: +1 305 514 2300

2 minutes ago, Nashna said:

That might mean they are updating the site...or it crashed.

The Canadian priced version of the website is working OK.  It's a little slow but shows the Simply More booking option.

• Like 1

As a newbie, y'all recommended that I book a couple weeks ago.  I did. Cruise only.  Mine went up $400 per person=$800.  We will stay under the old program.

Edited by cluso
  • Like 1

@Nashnayou are happy your cruise went up or that you booked before it went up?  I have a cruise booked for December that went up $300. Pp a few weeks ago for new bookings.  Waiting to see what the new simply more cost will be, especially for those booking with the already increased fares.

Just now, grifdoglover said:

@ Cluso if you booked a few weeks ago your fare should not increase unless you want the new program.  The fares listed on your invoice is what your fare is. 

Yes, understand that.  Just showing people the difference.😎

19 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

@Nashnayou are happy your cruise went up or that you booked before it went up?  I have a cruise booked for December that went up $300. Pp a few weeks ago for new bookings.  Waiting to see what the new simply more cost will be, especially for those booking with the already increased fares.

I booked in February 2023.  I had opted for the cruise only with the O'Life Excursion option. We can get the basic drink package for 11 days for just $100.00 per person is a deal. I have $796.00 in excursions already booked with my original reservation, so I will have them covered. Our fare has stayed the same since February.   

Let’s all take a deep breath here for a minute. All the cruises currently out there for sale are so because they haven’t already been sold. The last cruise release was about nine (9) months ago. Oceania has had multiple sales trying to clear all that inventory, but options remain.

Why in the world do you believe Oceania would jerk up prices on slower moving cruises? Let me see, I’ve had that bottle of wine on the sale rack, for all to see, at $10. I really want to get rid of it, maybe jacking the price up to $14 will help! 🙄

Come back in September/October when Oceania does its new cruise release for the remainder of 25 and early 26 and we can compare prices to similar earlier cruises.

• Like 4

Well, I have just priced my current Nov ‘24 Sirena TA for the same PH3 grade (without airfare for both) we have more OBC than would be offered for just tours with Simply More and the difference from my invoice price is an eye watering total of £4900.

Now there are some caveats to take into account with this. 

When I booked, the price was for 12 days, then they had to extend the cruise by 4 days which meant an embarkation point change (Amsterdam instead of Bilbao) O did not charge us and gave us 4 extra days free. 

For us OBC is pretty much just used for drinks, not sure we ever really use it all either as we are not big drinkers, and we just don’t do O excursions anymore, so the Simply More version of OBC for us is useless. I am glad we have more OBC than Simply More guests will have for tour credits.

I realise the price differential from the advertised cruise and mine being the bargain of 12 days paid for 16, but thats still a hefty difference. 

Quite shocked at this. 

O may have priced itself into the Regent level. 

Just checked few sailings that I recorded before and after. All prices are in CAD

Vista May 1 2024 B5 $4,999 $5,549 $550 increase

Vista Sep 3 2024 B5 $4,999 $5,549 $550 increase

Marina Nov 5 2024 C $3,445 $3,999 $550 increase

Riviera Nov 14 2024 G $2,349 $2,849 $500 increase

But the website looks very buggy, search doesn't work well.

Based on those prices, looks like in lower categories the increase is around $400 USD per person for 10 day cruises.

I believe it's important to compare to the prices yesterday, not to what people paid a year or 2 years ago.

Edited by ak1004
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

It's working now.  Wow!  My pricing went up by $200.00 for 2.  I had the cruise with O'Life.  Was $9598.00 now $9798.00.  I am happy! 

It only increases  if you opt for the new "Simply More"  Option

I decided to go ahead and book cruise only a few days ago and the cruise has gone up $1000 per person with the simply more option so we would be paying $2000 extra for excursions we do not want and booze which we DO want but no way would we be drinking $2000 worth unless Friends of Bill are looking for two new members!

Simply no more with O if this is the new pricing structure but thrilled with the two we have booked and happy there are other ships in the sea to choose!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Might as well just say....

Welcome to Vik"O"ng!

If I want to sail on Viking I'll sail on Viking.

This simply more money program is obviously set up for those who consume and can't take the time to set up their own tours.

I consume, but I take my own high end wine onboard. I'm not going to downgrade on this package. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vtgumby said:

I decided to go ahead and book cruise only a few days ago and the cruise has gone up $1000 per person with the simply more option so we would be paying $2000 extra for excursions we do not want and booze which we DO want but no way would we be drinking $2000 worth unless Friends of Bill are looking for two new members!

Simply no more with O if this is the new pricing structure but thrilled with the two we have booked and happy there are other ships in the sea to choose!

which cruise went up $1000? Which category? How many days?

10 minutes ago, dkbustr said:

Might as well just say....

Welcome to Vik"O"ng!

If I want to sail on Viking I'll sail on Viking.

This simply more money program is obviously set up for those who consume and can't take the time to set up their own tours.

I consume, but I take my own high end wine onboard. I'm not going to downgrade on this package. 

sailed on Viking in april...will not do it again...cant wait to be on an O ship...food, ambiance etc..yup I have said this many times and will continue to say it as long as we enjoy O. If not, ,I will be the first to tell you why not. 

• Like 1

I have to say it appears a rather clumsy rollout with regard to the website. 

1). Stop with the FREE, just say INCLUDED.

2). From all we have heard the drink package is only for lunch and dinner.  The website does not mention that part anywhere.  I’ve looked several places where that could be clarified and can’t see it anywhere that they speak of the wine, etc.  Whereas we may be aware of that based upon notes from the TA…many would not have a clue. Seems very deceitful, UNLESS I have missed the further explanation somewhere else on their website. If so, would appreciate if someone could point it out. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

which cruise went up $1000? Which category? How many days?

Why does all that matter?  Their fare went up $2,000 in the new program.  They are happy staying with the old program.

• Like 2