Room Service Breakfast Menu

Golden Gater

We like to eat breakfast in our cabin.  What is on the room service menu for breakfast?  We will be in a balcony cabin on the Sapphire Princess.  Do they provide a card the night before to fill out with your order and placed on the doorknob outside your door?

Yes, your room steward will. provide you with a card to order.  Be very specific, including sugar, cream, number of fruit, jam, etc.  

Very basic menu:

coffee, juices

cereal

fruit

breakfast egg sandwich

assorted pastries

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

If you order breakfast via this paper menu, and have the Plus package, will you be charged for the small bottled water? Is the way around this to order breakfast via the app?

Why not just get a few waters from the bars and keep them in your fridge. 

12 minutes ago, antsp said:

Why not just get a few waters from the bars and keep them in your fridge. 

I plan to. I'm just gathering information for my companions so they don't get dinged with surprises. If ordering water via the paper menu will result in a charge, I want to let them know.

18 minutes ago, chamima said:

Last year you could order a Cappucino to your cabin via the Medallion if you had the Plus package.

Is this still possible?

Yes.  If you have a drink package, the price zeros out when you check out in the app. You are however limited by the options in the app, which aren't all the options available at the coffee bars on the ship.Screenshot_20230702_212512_Princess.thumb.jpg.091614f562587467027c282c2fc62835.jpg

• Thanks 1

We were on the Royal in May and I never saw this paper order form for our balcony room--we would always order the breakfast sandwiches, specialty coffees, etc. off the Medallion App (I would allot at least an hour before you actually plan on eating it as it can take a while for service).

The only time they gave us these paper order forms was for lunch on Glacier Bay Day (provided the night before).

Not sure if you're supposed to ask your room steward for the breakfast form or if it is different on the Royal.

If you order the small bottled water on the app with the Plus package, there's no charge...but there is a charge for the bigger waters.

Edited by SuzieQ521
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

The only time they gave us these paper order forms was for lunch on Glacier Bay Day (provided the night before).

Not sure if you're supposed to ask your room steward for the breakfast form or if it is different on the Royal.

It should be in your cabin from the beginning of your cruise.  If not, ask your steward (and ask for enough for as many days as you think you'll order, as they may overlook replacing it on the day you use it).

• Thanks 1

I was on the Crown last month and ordered off the breakfast card many times. You can write in other food items as well, such as bacon, oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, nuts, etc. You can also specify desired breakfast breads like almond or chocolate croissants. I enjoyed being able to select the delivery time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On our two cruises last Fall and Christmas we had the cards in our room everyday - and unlike someone above mentioned, I had to make sure and be up and dressed because they showed up everyday at least 10 minutes before the time period I had specified.  Not complaining - beats getting stuff 10 minutes before you have to leave the cabin.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, anjiedupree said:

I was on the Crown last month and ordered off the breakfast card many times. You can write in other food items as well, such as bacon, oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, nuts, etc. You can also specify desired breakfast breads like almond or chocolate croissants. I enjoyed being able to select the delivery time.

I dont think you are really supposed to do this. I have never tried ordering anything notboffered on the card,  but I have read others post that sometimes it works and sometimes not. Options are limited for efficiency.  Imagine the chaos if everyone was ordering anything they wanted with no restrictions!

I wrote in "1 bottle water" on the tag that I hung on my door handle every night and was never charged,when I had the Plus package. I usually have my robe on the bed and a couple of dollars on the desk. Once,I didn't hear the knock and they called me on the phone and delivered it!

• Like 1

I know this is a first world complaint, but I really wish they had an egg option other than the sandwiches. A quiche or a plate with bacon and eggs. I realize I have lots of other on board options. But it would be nice!

• Like 2

If you do order from the paper hang tag be careful ordering bacon. I wanted 4 slices of bacon so I wrote 4 bacon on the tag. (Yes, you can write in other stuff.) I was delivered 4 orders of bacon. It was a lot of bacon! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, bjkTX said:

On our two cruises last Fall and Christmas we had the cards in our room everyday - and unlike someone above mentioned, I had to make sure and be up and dressed because they showed up everyday at least 10 minutes before the time period I had specified.  Not complaining - beats getting stuff 10 minutes before you have to leave the cabin.

After many, many cruises with Princess and Celebrity we have learned that Princess shows up 10-15 minutes before the time you put on the card and Celebrity shows up 10-45 minutes AFTER. I now adjust what time I write down accordingly..

The person who said it took a long time for breakfast to show up didn't order in advance via the door hanger - they ordered from the Medallion in the morning. Medallion orders can take a while because those aren't set up in advance.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, chamima said:

After many, many cruises with Princess and Celebrity we have learned that Princess shows up 10-15 minutes before the time you put on the card and Celebrity shows up 10-45 minutes AFTER. I now adjust what time I write down accordingly..

The person who said it took a long time for breakfast to show up didn't order in advance via the door hanger - they ordered from the Medallion in the morning. Medallion orders can take a while because those aren't set up in advance.

The card time was always prompt.  The couple of times I used the phone, it was delivered within 15-20 minutes.  I know that there is at least one room service area on passenger decks.   Anything “hot” (oatmeal, eggs, etc) needs to come from the MDR kitchen.  I once tried to order oatmeal before an early excursion a very, very, very long time ago.  Never got it (and I was in a suite).

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you do order from the paper hang tag be careful ordering bacon. I wanted 4 slices of bacon so I wrote 4 bacon on the tag. (Yes, you can write in other stuff.) I was delivered 4 orders of bacon. It was a lot of bacon! 🤪

The problem being? 😂

• Haha 8

On my last cruise the gentleman who delivered my breakfast figured out pretty early on that he was my alarm clock and was always patient in knocking and coming early on port days. Needless to say, prior to disembarkation he received a generous tip for his awesomeness. 

• 7 months later...