Princess Cays Question

lion1956

it takes a while for the bars on PC to get set-up and open - so don't expect to take one of the first tenders and go to a bar and get a drink.  Also - no fountain soda (included in the package) available on the island - now posters can post their workarounds

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

it takes a while for the bars on PC to get set-up and open - so don't expect to take one of the first tenders and go to a bar and get a drink.  Also - no fountain soda (included in the package) available on the island - now posters can post their workarounds

No workaround for the soda, I just ordered it at Princess Cay  and was never charged. I had the Plus pkg. 

7 hours ago, lion1956 said:

Thanks for the info, what about food is that included?

We visited PC in late Nov 2022.  We were 2 couples and we rented a "Sanctuary Bungalow" (adults only area) and had lunch catered (bungalow was $300, which we thought was very reasonable). It's air conditioned and gave the four of us a nice "home base". Drink servers passed frequently and there was an upcharge for the lunch, but, the food was different than what was being offered at the buffet and it was SO MUCH better than fighting the crowd at said buffet.

Those bungalows go fast, we reserved ours 8 months prior to sailing (we didn't need to be that early, LOL). Also, Princess offers bungalows in a "kid friendly" area (exactly the same bungalows as the Sanctuary ones, just kids are allowed so perfect for a family). Those ones were $275 last year.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

So....are you saying you got a CAN of soda at Princess Cay included in the Plus package?

Just checking. Thanks!

Well actually they opened the can and poured it into a cup....but yes,  it was not a fountain drink. Most recently in December 2022. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lion1956 said:

Does someone know if your Princess Cruise drink package is good on the Princess Cays island?

Last time we were there they didn't have blenders to make frozen drinks.

• Haha 1

Interesting reading on the topic of sodas.  Last time I was at PC was December 2021.  The waitress was downright apologetic and she pointed out that despite the drink package, I would be charged if I wanted a can of coke. 

She pointed out that if I wanted it mixed with Rum it would be free.  She was acutely aware of the irony.  It was funny and not her fault nor could she possibly do anything about it...it was like 10am though and I wasn't ready for a rum & coke so I overpaid for my can and moved on with life. The coke was very refreshing.  10/10 would buy again.

Sounds like maybe Princess has evolved on this?

13 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Interesting reading on the topic of sodas.  Last time I was at PC was December 2021.  The waitress was downright apologetic and she pointed out that despite the drink package, I would be charged if I wanted a can of coke. 

She pointed out that if I wanted it mixed with Rum it would be free.  She was acutely aware of the irony.  It was funny and not her fault nor could she possibly do anything about it...it was like 10am though and I wasn't ready for a rum & coke so I overpaid for my can and moved on with life. The coke was very refreshing.  10/10 would buy again.

Sounds like maybe Princess has evolved on this?

We were at Princess Cay both in dec 2021 and 2022. Both times with Princess Plus. They did not charge me for soft drinks. Maybe I was lucky!  I have also read the 'new' Princess Plus includes canned soft drinks ( cannot confirm, have not sailed under the new pkg). If so that probably makes it a moot point.....

3 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We were at Princess Cay both in dec 2021 and 2022. Both times with Princess Plus. They did not charge me for soft drinks. Maybe I was lucky!  I have also read the 'new' Princess Plus includes canned soft drinks ( cannot confirm, have not sailed under the new pkg). If so that probably makes it a moot point.....

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if that same policy that bit me was fixed by the following week, or it was just mishandled by the waitress helping me.