Bankruptcy settlement update?

the_dylaness

I was pleased that with the release of the 2025 I compiled the use of 2 entire voucher totaling 10 sub credits.  

I've never expected to get money back from the bankruptcy but if we do that will be great.

There is also money I will never see. Lesson learned. I have taken steps to avoid that going forward. 

I would have made all of these bookings anyway.  And the money from the vouchers was substantial.

Keith

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Getting back on track, this is the website for those that are interested in tracking the bankruptcy proceedings. The latest update was September 7, 2023.

https://crystalcruiseclaims.com/legal-pleadings/

Rob

Yes getting back on track is great.

I looked at the site before responding the other day as to whether payouts have been made and it shows no payout as of yet to those guests who are owed money.  I was always thinking October so we shall see.

Keith 

3 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

The pay out is NOT coming from new Crystal. It is coming from Moecker. New Crystal will find out about it ftom the same place we will. Moecker. 

That's correct.

And when the payout comes then the unused vouchers will be adjusted based on the payout. 

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No!!  I don’t know why you keep saying this because it is totally false. EI is a sales incentive to bring disgruntled past Crystal cruisers back into the fold. Do you really think they are dumb enough to take away our EI credits and chase us away for good??!!  NOWHERE on Crystal site does it even intimate that there will be an adjustment. 
Guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Whipsnade said:

No!!  I don’t know why you keep saying this because it is totally false. EI is a sales incentive to bring disgruntled past Crystal cruisers back into the fold. Do you really think they are dumb enough to take away our EI credits and chase us away for good??!!  NOWHERE on Crystal site does it even intimate that there will be an adjustment. 
Guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

it is you who is wrong. Not me.  

I say it for one simple reason.

This is how it works.

I verified this a couple of months ago with the head of Crystal when a lot of people had questions about how the program works.  I clarified all aspects of the program as lots of people had questions.  And I don’t make up things.

in fact one of the earlier questions was would the use of the Vouchers  impact your refund from Moecker and the answer is no.  But once the payouts occur then unused vouchers will be adjusted.  Crystal didn’t have to do any of this.  But they did and many of us are appreciative of it.

NOWHERE on Crystal site does it even intimate that there will be an adjustment. 

Excerpted from the Crystal website:

ELIGIBILITY

• You must be a client of the former Crystal Cruises (Crystal Cruises LLC).

• You must have filed a claim in the Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors process ("Claim").

• The Claim must still be valid with sums currently outstanding and owed to you, net of any funds returned by the Assignee, credit card companies, insurance, or others.

The full terms and conditions are outlined here: https://www.crystalcruises.com/exceptional-initiative

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

i'm very appreciative of the voucher E program from Crystal.  It's certainly something they didn't have to do and i've already used three of the four voucherd i received.  keith, i know you're right about this.

I thought everyone was to get 5 vouchers, each worth 20% of the total due from Old Crystal.

Patty

18 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

I got five and have booked the cruises (and received the credits officially). Now let them try and take them back. They are not stupid!!

You are not following what I have said

One final time. 

if you have used all your credits by applying all of them to booked cruises they will NOT be reduced if you get money back from Moecker.  

If you have any sub credits Not Used and get money back from Moecker Crystal will verify with them how much you got back and refuse the UNUSED credits by that amount. 

I have said this several times. It is Crystal clear to me and most people get it. 

What are you not understanding?

27 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

I got five and have booked the cruises (and received the credits officially). Now let them try and take them back. They are not stupid!!

If you’ve applied the credits to cruises that you have already booked, then what you get from the bankruptcy will not affect those credits.

Even if you have not taken the cruises yet, as long as the credits have been applied to your bookings, you will keep the amounts of those credits. Nothing will be reduced.

The only way the credits may be reduced (by amount one receives from Moecker), is if there are any UNUSED credits that have not been applied to any future bookings.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You are not following what I have said

One final time. 

if you have used all your credits by applying all of them to booked cruises they will NOT be reduced if you get money back from Moecker.  

If you have any sub credits Not Used and get money back from Moecker Crystal will verify with them how much you got back and refuse the UNUSED credits by that amount. 

I have said this several times. It is Crystal clear to me and most people get it. 

What are you not understanding?

Read the fine print. What Keith has said is correct. 

• Like 2

Jet 65 is correct. I have received written confirmation of the total. I have purchased five cruises. I have received credit on my invoices. 
I allege that no matter how much I receive from Moecker, in my case about 4K, Crystal us NOT going to ding me when and if I get the money. They are nit that dumb. They are smart. EI is a great way to bring old Crystals like me back. They are nit going to screw it up by dinging for peanuts

44 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

Jet 65 is correct. I have received written confirmation of the total. I have purchased five cruises. I have received credit on my invoices. 
I allege that no matter how much I receive from Moecker, in my case about 4K, Crystal us NOT going to ding me when and if I get the money. They are nit that dumb. They are smart. EI is a great way to bring old Crystals like me back. They are nit going to screw it up by dinging for peanuts

You are not going to be dinged because you've already used all your credits, but anyone who has not booked 5 cruises will have however many unused credits reduced by the amount they receive from Moecker. Example, they receive $2000 from Moecker. They have 2 credits originally worth $2,500 each. Those 2 unused credits are now worth $1,500 each. What's so hard to understand??

• Like 3

I just tried to clarify what everyone else is saying.

It looks as if you’ve done everything right. You’ve used all your credits, and have received invoices showing those credits applied, so you’re all set!

All that’s left now, is to just sit back and look forward to your cruises 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Wanna bet?

Sure. The devil is in the details, aka the terms and conditions as specified on the Crystal website. IF someone has only "activated" three of their five EI AND they receive a settlement from Moecker BEFORE activating the remaining two of their five EI from Crystal, they lose the remaining two EI. 

YOU have activated five EI so YOU will not lose those EI not matter what Moecker pays you, but others may not be so locked in.

Keith and others have explained this numerous times. IF your five EI have been activated then whatever you may receive from Moecker becomes irrelevant to your booked Crystal cruises.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Nobody expects them to take money OFF your bookings on which you’ve received credits. Is THAT what you think Keith and Rob are saying? No. They are talking about UNUSED credits, by which they mean ones that have not been applied to a cruise booking.

• Like 2

Do you mean to tell me that if someone had not “activated” (whatever that means) all five of their credits and gets a payment small or large from Moecker then their remaining  yet to be “activated” nncoupons will be voided?  
That would immediately totally alienate the very pax they are trying to woo back by the entire EI effort. 
It just ain’t going to happen. No marketing team in the world would permit this. 

14 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

Do you mean to tell me that if someone had not “activated” (whatever that means) all five of their credits and gets a payment small or large from Moecker then their remaining  yet to be “activated” nncoupons will be voided?  
That would immediately totally alienate the very pax they are trying to woo back by the entire EI effort. 
It just ain’t going to happen. No marketing team in the world would permit this. 

No. It would only alienate someone who FAILED to do due diligence and who FAILED to actually READ and UNDERSTAND the terms and conditions.

• Like 2