Bankruptcy settlement update?

the_dylaness

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

I hope you see the amount.  I did notice that a claimant is only allowed ONE priority claim.  The rest of the amount becomes an unsecured claim.

"CLAIM IS ONE OF FIVE CLAIMS FILED BY TWO
CLAIMANTS. EACH CLAIMANT IS ENTITTLED TO ONE
PRIORITY PAYMENT."

Since that is the case then probably ever claimant will get the FULL $2,250 per person.

It still says that they have alot of filings to go.  Most of the previous claims were complete denials (claims that were paid by credit cards or insurance) and now they are going through partials - priority claims that hot the maximum limit under State Law.

That is correct.  If you have more than one claim as we do, then they say only one claim is entitled to priority payment and the rest becomes unsecured claim.  When I first received the information I had to read it a few times to figure it all out.  

Keith 

I received a 14-page e-filing in this case, in which Mark Healy objects to my claim, among several pages of others.

It goes on to state that "if a claimant disputes this Objection to their claim, then within 21 days of service of this Objection, such claimant must contact the Assignee via email at crystalclaimsobj@moecker-crystal.com to attempt to resolve the dispute". 

I am I the "claimant" referenced here?  Am I personally supposed to take this action?

Emily

On 7/12/2023 at 10:25 PM, Keith1010 said:

That is correct.  If you have more than one claim as we do, then they say only one claim is entitled to priority payment and the rest becomes unsecured claim.  When I first received the information I had to read it a few times to figure it all out.  

Keith 

thank you,  I had several claims  six i think 

"legal " English is somthing else as conversation language.

15 hours ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

I received a 14-page e-filing in this case, in which Mark Healy objects to my claim, among several pages of others.

It goes on to state that "if a claimant disputes this Objection to their claim, then within 21 days of service of this Objection, such claimant must contact the Assignee via email at crystalclaimsobj@moecker-crystal.com to attempt to resolve the dispute". 

I am I the "claimant" referenced here?  Am I personally supposed to take this action?

Emily

Yes you are...That is why you received it.  They are not sending these to everyone.

I have received today a letter from the assignees. Their conclusions in my case are wrong! They have reduced the amount of my claim indicating that I have been already refunded by Crystal! Go figure… this is like telling me I am lying.

I am objecting their conclusions but I am so tired of having to deal with this!

Ivi

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I have received today a letter from the assignees. Their conclusions in my case are wrong! They have reduced the amount of my claim indicating that I have been already refunded by Crystal! Go figure… this is like telling me I am lying.

Ivi

Refunded by Crystal???  Laughable. It never ends 

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Refunded by Crystal???  Laughable. It never ends 

Nothing amusing, and the process will end. There are three parties in the picture.

1) original Crystal, totally defunct,

2) the assignee (Per the ABA, an assignee in an assignment for the benefit of creditors serves in a capacity that is analogous to a bankruptcy trustee and is responsible for liquidating the assets of the assignment estate and distributing the net proceeds, if any, to the assignor's creditors.)

3) new Crystal, as created from the assets legally purchased by the new owners. Said new owners have no obligation whatsoever to the assignor's creditors. Case closed.

There have been reported inaccuracies with the processing of claims by the assignee. This is an issue totally between the claimant and the assignee. All any claimant can do is present their information and endure the process. I have compassion for those struggling with the process and having challenges proving their case. I hope for fair resolution for all claimants in this liquidation procedure. That's the best anyone can ask.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shorex said:

Nothing amusing, and the process will end. There are three parties in the picture.

2) the assignee (Per the ABA, an assignee in an assignment for the benefit of creditors serves in a capacity that is analogous to a bankruptcy trustee and is responsible for liquidating the assets of the assignment estate and distributing the net proceeds, if any, to the assignor's creditors.)

3) new Crystal, as created from the assets legally purchased by the new owners. Said new owners have no obligation whatsoever to the assignor's creditors. Case closed.

There have been reported inaccuracies with the processing of claims by the assignee. This is an issue totally between the claimant and the assignee. All any claimant can do is present their information and endure the process. I have compassion for those struggling with the process and having challenges proving their case. I hope for fair resolution for all claimants in this liquidation procedure. That's the best anyone can ask.

I dont need to be schooled on the process but thank you anyway. What is laughable is that anyone is claiming oc refunded money. It did not

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Ivi, sorry you have to go through this once again. We were fortunate that what we submitted they concurred with other than the fact that we are limited to what we can get but at least we didn't have to submit more paperwork.  Good luck with this.

Keith

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shorex said:

I agree with everything you have said.

This has nothing to do with new Crystal.

Thank you for taking the time to lay this all out so people understand how this works.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Ivi,

They made two errors in my claims in one case saying that a credit card refund for a summer Alaska cruise applied to a Miami spring cruise. Rather boggles the mind. It's been over a month since I sent them documentation. I'm still waiting for the corrections. I call every 7-10 days or so and keep getting told them are working on it, or it's in the queue or they'll get back to me, which they never do.

Good luck!!

On 7/23/2023 at 1:31 AM, TER777 said:

Ivi,

They made two errors in my claims in one case saying that a credit card refund for a summer Alaska cruise applied to a Miami spring cruise. Rather boggles the mind. It's been over a month since I sent them documentation. I'm still waiting for the corrections. I call every 7-10 days or so and keep getting told them are working on it, or it's in the queue or they'll get back to me, which they never do.

Good luck!!

Thanks! It is annoying. I imagine many people are experiencing the same. We hope the assignees manage to correct the errors 🙏🏼
Ivi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks! It is annoying. I imagine many people are experiencing the same. We hope the assignees manage to correct the errors 🙏🏼
Ivi

They are really backlogged.  I have only a response on 1 of 3 claims. They seem to be working through about 120 claims per day and are filling on average one motion per day to the court with the results.  Judging by the publicized number of consumer claims, they still have a large number to complete.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

Please allow me to share with you that a previous communication I had with Moeker informs me that they have close to 11000 claims to process.

They already published 37 omnibus objection to claim, which is about 3700 claims - each list is about 100 claims.  I am curious to find out how many claims are still in the evaluation process?

2 hours ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Please allow me to share with you that a previous communication I had with Moeker informs me that they have close to 11000 claims to process.

They already published 37 omnibus objection to claim, which is about 3700 claims - each list is about 100 claims.  I am curious to find out how many claims are still in the evaluation process?

Be sure to just remember.....some folks believe that THEIR claim needs to be at the top of that list.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

They are really backlogged.  I have only a response on 1 of 3 claims. They seem to be working through about 120 claims per day and are filling on average one motion per day to the court with the results.  Judging by the publicized number of consumer claims, they still have a large number to complete.

And from the ones they have completed, some  (many ?) are those with errors 😔 so imagine how long it will take to finish this undertaking. 
Ivi

I am actually hoping it takes longer to resolve so when I use the next voucher I get the maximum dollars available. Once they pay out then the amount paid out is subtracted from the voucher amount.

Ivi, I remember on the voucher you had an issue with the amount they showed versus what you showed.  I heard from a few other people who had that issue here and on another board but most people didn't so I am thinking that the number of discrepancies might not be that large.  I could be wrong but that's what logic tells me based on the voucher discrepancies.

In fairness, as I have looked at all of those filings it seems a lot of the research involved determining if money was refunded from the credit card companies since each submission was made, plus making sure that each one matched what the records showed. I would imagine this is a large task on its own.

The good news is you caught the discrepancies and have gone back to them. 

I hope it all works out.

Keith 

On 7/25/2023 at 3:08 PM, Keith1010 said:

I am actually hoping it takes longer to resolve so when I use the next voucher I get the maximum dollars available. Once they pay out then the amount paid out is subtracted from the voucher amount.

Keith are you sure about this? I have thought they were two independently issues. When I have complained with new Crystal about the amount of my certificate they said that there were independently from Moecker. Moecker told me also that they were independently from the new Crystal .

Didn’t we had also that information on this board?

Ivi

6 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Keith are you sure about this? I have thought they were two independently issues. When I have complained with new Crystal about the amount of my certificate they said that there were independently from Moecker. Moecker told me also that they were independently from the new Crystal .

Didn’t we had also that information on this board?

Ivi

Ivi, here's how it works. Until payouts are made all Crystal does is verify that the amount you submit matches the amount on your claim as verified by Moecker. So let's say it is right now $10,000. You get a voucher for $10,000 broken up at $2,000 each for the sub-vouchers. However, at the time money comes back from Moecker then for any new sub credits you asked to be applied they will get with Moecker to see if you got money and, if so, how much and will reduce the unused ones by that amount.

Keith

Just now, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, here's how it works. Until payouts are made all Crystal does is verify that the amount you submit matches the amount on your claim as verified by Moecker. So let's say it is right now $10,000. You get a voucher for $10,000 broken up at $2,000 each for the sub-vouchers. However, at the time money comes back from Moecker then for any new sub credits you asked to be applied they will get with Moecker to see if you got money and, if so, how much and will reduce the unused ones by that amount.

Keith

Thanks Keith for the explanation.

Ivi

1 hour ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Hello every one, here is the latest news about payments to us…

https://crystalcruiseclaims.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/07.31.23-Motion-for-Interim-Distribution-to-Priority-Creditors.pdf

The check will be in the mail!  Have a nice day!

I need Google to translate this to English!