The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 6th, 2023

richwmn

I just want to give everyone a heads up about a scam email we received today.  It was supposedly from a company that advertises a lot on tv about their computer security with the initials LL and that is now owned by another well known computer security company that starts with an N.  The email had an attachment with an e-bill for the renewal of our LL account for several 100 dollars.  We had 24 hours from the renewal to cancel and get a refund.  The only thing is we have never subscribed to their service and have not even gone to their web site.  DH did a little detective work and could definitely tell it was not from LL or N.  Unless you use these services, if you get an email from them, delete it as fast as possible.  Luckily, we only looked at it on a phone and a tablet, not any of the computers.

Sandi, @StLouisCruisers I'm glad you got a good report from the dermatologist.  Thank you for taking care of posting any pictures tomorrow.  Now I can sleep a little later.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I just want to give everyone a heads up about a scam email we received today.  It was supposedly from a company that advertises a lot on tv about their computer security with the initials LL and that is now owned by another well known computer security company that starts with an N.  The email had an attachment with an e-bill for the renewal of our LL account for several 100 dollars.  We had 24 hours from the renewal to cancel and get a refund.  The only thing is we have never subscribed to their service and have not even gone to their web site.  DH did a little detective work and could definitely tell it was not from LL or N.  Unless you use these services, if you get an email from them, delete it as fast as possible.  Luckily, we only looked at it on a phone and a tablet, not any of the computers.

This scam had been around for some time - being used by many. Sometimes it's a bill to renew subscriptions and sometimes it's for an un-named product that's being shipped.  I've had about a dozen in the past three months.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I've seen the negative reports about LG, and those about Samsung seem to be even worse.

Since posting that I've looked up the CR ratings, and a model from LG is currently the top-rated, both for performance and for reliability. It is neither the most nor the least expensive in their recommended list.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

This scam had been around for some time - being used by many. Sometimes it's a bill to renew subscriptions and sometimes it's for an un-named product that's being shipped.  I've had about a dozen in the past three months.

I know these scams have been around for a while, but this one was new to us.  I doubt many (if any) on the Daily would fall for such a scam, but it never hurts to remind people of the unscrupulous people and their scams.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, superoma said:

question: does anyone use an induction range? I want to replace my electric stove some time before the end of the year. I am getting error codes and since it is 30 years old replacement parts are non existent. I know that I need to use pans and pots that a magnet will attach to and they need to fit the burners exactly to work properly. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. 

I have an induction range and I love it.  We always had a gas range in NY and when we first moved to SC I had an electric range and I could never get used to it.  Two years ago we decided to replace all our kitchen appliances after 20 years and I got an induction range.  Stove top is induction and oven is convection,  I love it.  The temperature on the stovetop adjusts so quickly and food cooks so much more evenly.  Go for it.

Terri

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, superoma said:

have you narrowed your research to a favourite? So far I have eliminated lg since there are many not so good reviews

I have a Bosch.  I know it is the top of the line, but it got great reviews and I have had no trouble with it.  

Terri

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm curious what today's port is that offers another chance to see the Atlantic Coast Road.  Enjoy your tour.

Lenda, 

We were in Kristiansand today.  I enjoyed the tour much more than yesterday.  We started at the opposite end of the Atlantic Ocean Road and it was a beautiful day as opposed to yesterday, which was cold and windy.  Yesterday we stopped at some museum, don’t even know what it was and was a total waste of time, had to walk up a lot of steps, which no one did.

Today we stopped at a stave church in Kevenes and it was a beautiful spot.  I will post some photos tomorrow morning after I download them.  

Glad I booked both days.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Lenda, 

We were in Kristiansand today.  I enjoyed the tour much more than yesterday.  We started at the opposite end of the Atlantic Ocean Road and it was a beautiful day as opposed to yesterday, which was cold and windy.  Yesterday we stopped at some museum, don’t even know what it was and was a total waste of time, had to walk up a lot of steps, which no one did.

Today we stopped at a stave church in Kevenes and it was a beautiful spot.  I will post some photos tomorrow morning after I download them.  

Glad I booked both days.

Terri

Thanks, Terri.  We were in Kristiansand many years ago, but the Atlantic Ocean Road was not a tour that was offered.  For us, the highlight of the tour from Molde, was the unusual bridge.  I'm glad the weather was better.

Lenda

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Denise T said:

Good morning, everyone. Going to be hot and sticky day today. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Up very early this morning to get my lab work done for my doctor's appointment next week. Feeling a little discouraged because I can no longer stabilize my blood sugars. I have been a diabetic since 2016 and was stable for many years. Since I had COVID last year, my blood sugars have been high and no matter what I do, I cannot get them lower with diet, exercise, and medications. Diabetes medication is so expensive it gets very frustrating. I will keep plugging away though. 

Anyway, the past meal sounds delicious. 

Thinking of all today who need prayers. 

Celebrating with those who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Denise @Denise T.

My late mam had type 2 diabetes and started with Metformin then daily insulin injections.

I have posted a few suggestions which I hope might help you.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230706_220923.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_220858.jpg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks, Terri.  We were in Kristiansand many years ago, but the Atlantic Ocean Road was not a tour that was offered.  For us, the highlight of the tour from Molde, was the unusual bridge.  I'm glad the weather was better.

Lenda

i made a mistake,.  We were in Kristiansund.  It’s a completely different place than Kristiansand.  it is very close to Molde.  

Sorry for the misunderstanding and the typo.

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

i made a mistake,.  We were in Kristiansund.  It’s a completely different place than Kristiansand.  it is very close to Molde.  

Sorry for the misunderstanding and the typo.

Terri

Terri, don't worry.  It does explain why the tour wasn't offered when we were in Kristiansand.  🤣  It can be confusing with two towns having only one letter different.  We have not been to Kristiansund, but if we ever make it there, I know what we'll do. 

Lenda

• Like 11

Good afternoon. I managed to get the lawn mowed this morning, but it was hot, hot, hot. I had to take several breaks, drinking zero sugar PowerAde, to get done. And then it took a good hour to cool down once I was finished. 

@aliaschief Are you doing a B2B on Seabourn Quest?

@Copper10-8 Love the picture!

@luvteaching Thank you for sharing the lovely tribute to Phil. As others have said, it was so gracious of you to mention his healthcare team. 

@sailingdutchy Wonderful photos, Tony.

@StLouisCruisers Good news on the dermatology visit.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It can be confusing with two towns having only one letter different.

In Czech, the word for exit is výstup. The word for entrance is vstup. I managed to ride streetcars in Prague, years ago, without getting arrested, but I don't know how.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

@luvteaching Karen, thanks for the link, the obituary is lovely, so personal. Wonderful of you to include so many of his care team. You and your family remain in my heart and prayers. 

I remember staying in Sedro-Woolley at the State Park in our 5th wheel trailer. I drove it west  over the Cascade Highway as it was my turn to drive!  Such beautiful places!  DH has family in that whole region, such a treat for us visiting there as often as we could!  
m—

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

No it’s a 14 day repositioning cruise October 12. I guess you could disembark NYC or Charleston.

I was confused as the Oct 12 cruise is NYC to Montreal, and the Oct 24 cruise is Montreal to Miami.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I was confused as the Oct 12 cruise is NYC to Montreal, and the Oct 24 cruise is Montreal to Miami.

Stand corrected. We are on the 24. Can’t keep track of everything. Thanks for correction. Bruce

• Like 4