Dress Code for Pinnacle Grill & Tamarind? Are there still "Formal Nights?"

It's been quite a while since we've been on a cruise, and I know that many things have changed, including "dress codes." Does Holland America still have "Formal NIghts" on their 14-day cruises, and is there a "Dress Code" for dinner at Pinnacle Grill & Tamarind? Thanks for any information you can provide!

There is no dress code for Pinnacle or Tamarind, its whatever the nights dress suggestion is. Formal nights are gone, replaced by 'dressy nights" which are pretty much slightly nicer than regular nights.

Dozens of threads here on "dress codes".

HAL now calls their 'dressiest' nights 'dressy'. They aren't terribly dressy at that, although people are welcome to dress to the nines, should they choose. The minimum acceptable level of dress is a collared shirt for men, and similar level of dress for women; no jeans. 

The dress code for the Pinnacle and Tamarind (and Rudi's on ships that have it) is the same as for the dining room. 

You'll see people dress nicer in the MDR on longer cruises but not so dressy on the shorter 7/14 day cruises. I have seen jeans/ t shirt in the MDR. Older people tend to dress nicer in the MDR then the younger crowd.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ski ww said:

You'll see people dress nicer in the MDR on longer cruises but not so dressy on the shorter 7/14 day cruises. I have seen jeans/ t shirt in the MDR. Older people tend to dress nicer in the MDR then the younger crowd.

I’ve seen plenty of older people dressed very casually. Hal has lowered the bar as low as possible and people happily live up to that standard.

• Like 4

We haven't cruised since 2018, and I don't think I've seen him since 2012.... But I wonder if Tuxedo T-Shirt Guy is still around? He had a magical gray ponytail, and that, "Drink packages? I don't need no stinking drink packages!" attitude. ('Cause there's no way "the man" is telling me to stop at 15.)

If you see him and his long-suffering wife, "Lord, I wish I were invisible lady," tell them I said, "Hi."

Edited by POA1
Stupid auto correct punctuation.
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, POA1 said:

We haven't cruised since 2018, and I don't think I've seen him since 2012.... But I wonder if Tuxedo T-Shirt Guy is still around? He had a magical gray ponytail, and that, "Drink packages? I don't need no stinking drink packages!" attitude. ('Cause there's no way "the man" is telling me to stop at 15.)

If you see him and his long-suffering wife, "Lord, I wish I were invisible lady," tell them I said, "Hi."

I think I saw him on my Princess cruise.  Actually, I saw about 10 of him.  That was one weird cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The standards are way down there! Last month in the Pinnacle, jeans and golf shirt. Seems to me that when you are giving them away they are no longer "specialty" restaurants. Canaletto, guys wearing hats, can't take off my John Deere hat! Guy in shorts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aa7yy said:

The standards are way down there! Last month in the Pinnacle, jeans and golf shirt. Seems to me that when you are giving them away they are no longer "specialty" restaurants. Canaletto, guys wearing hats, can't take off my John Deere hat! Guy in shorts.

Well at least it’s not jammies and slippers like it was in club orange 🙄.  

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:28 AM, POA1 said:

And I know exactly who you mean 😂 

• Like 1

If you like to dress up, you will not feel out of place on dressy nights or the specialty restaurants. Enough still do, and I think it is still appreciated for the extra sparkle it brings both the setting and the occasion. 

• Like 1

There are still formal nights on longer and more exotic trips.  Otherwise there are "dressy" nights" Just off NS 2 days ago and smart causal is now just casual.  I hope the captain and other officers do not follow suit...