Two similar itineraries: one on Royal, one on Carnival

I'm looking at a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise in Dec. 2024 from Tampa. My two choices are Dec. 7 on Radiance of the Seas or Dec. 8 on Carnival Legend. Both have the same ports. I've never sailed on either ship before. How similar or different are these ships?

Thanks.

I'd go by the price. I did radiance just this last march and yes its older but had the best ever service. That class is known for its glass and glass elevators. Imo none of the carnival ships stand out ship wise, legend has some extended aft balconies.

Carnival imo has better pizza, burgers and mexican. 

Rcl has better buffet and Mdr meals.

Both will have similar trivia. There is a new thread today comparing 2 older ships carnival and rcl.

Long term rcl has better loyalty perks and I'm a bit sorry I did so much carnival when I could now be pinnacle on rcl. Free wifi,  6 daily drinks, discounts on bookings etc carnival doesnt give. 

Depends a bit on if you think you will keep cruising ..and the price. Right now with perks rcl gives me better prices. 

Carnival has a higher energy level, some love. Different vibe. Without price details I cant pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate carnival. I’d rather stay home than go ona carnival ship again. But that’s just me. Some people must like it, as there are people on their ships. But I’d research the type of cruise it is first to see if it’s for you. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I'm looking at a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise in Dec. 2024 from Tampa. My two choices are Dec. 7 on Radiance of the Seas or Dec. 8 on Carnival Legend. Both have the same ports. I've never sailed on either ship before. How similar or different are these ships?

Thanks.

They are more similar than different.   Go with the best deal.  Carnival is a bit more lively

• Like 3

15 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Thanks.

There are never videos of pax acting like idiots on Royal Caribbean ships.  It's always Carnival.  I would go Royal

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

There are never videos of pax acting like idiots on Royal Caribbean ships.  It's always Carnival.  I would go Royal

Lol there are utube videos of rcl fights too, just not as many. But there have been fights caught on camera. Dont kid yourself. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mslmesq said:

I hate carnival. I’d rather stay home than go ona carnival ship again. But that’s just me. Some people must like it, as there are people on their ships. But I’d research the type of cruise it is first to see if it’s for you. 

I think their prices have something to do with it.

I saw a YouTube video where someone took a cruise out of Tampa on Carnival and after some onboard  credit he only paid about $100 for 5 days.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Thanks.

Did our 1st Carnival to Hawaii in Jan after 20 cruises on other lines & LOVED it.

THAT BEING SAID--our bartenders said avoid cruises of 7 days or less in Caribbean & MX Riv unless you are into booze cruises.

I'd go RCCL unless prices was hugely different.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KKB said:

Did our 1st Carnival to Hawaii in Jan after 20 cruises on other lines & LOVED it.

THAT BEING SAID--our bartenders said avoid cruises of 7 days or less in Caribbean & MX Riv unless you are into booze cruises.

I'd go RCCL unless prices was hugely different.

I've done Mexico four times, all seven days.  Once during spring break....   Not one problem 

7 minutes ago, FastShip24 said:

List them

Since you ask I took a 4 days cruise on both lines at different time Indy a much cleaning ships even food not what it use to be still was better than the Carnival Victory  the crew night and day different the carnival crew act like they were on the bottom rung ship and it shown, room steward went in to hiding never saw him. the mdr was one big cluster the right hand did not know what the left hand was during 2 hour in the mdr seem to be the norm I could go on but there were the big ones. But my sister in law tried to talk the wife and I to book one of carnvial newer ships she said they much nicer now ?

25 minutes ago, ink76 said:

Since you ask I took a 4 days cruise on both lines at different time Indy a much cleaning ships even food not what it use to be still was better than the Carnival Victory  the crew night and day different the carnival crew act like they were on the bottom rung ship and it shown, room steward went in to hiding never saw him. the mdr was one big cluster the right hand did not know what the left hand was during 2 hour in the mdr seem to be the norm I could go on but there were the big ones. But my sister in law tried to talk the wife and I to book one of carnvial newer ships she said they much nicer now ?

So one cruise on each.  Talk about small sample size💯

Either would do. I'd go by price and any onboard credits you might get.  BTW, ask the same question on Carnival board and I'd bet Legend would get more votes as Radiance is here.

We sail them all, some for the itinerary and some for the ship itself. Make the most of if. Enjoy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FastShip24 said:

So one cruise on each.  Talk about small sample size💯

I was using that as apple to apple compares both sail out of Port Canaveral 4 day cruises, now I have not cruise all RC ships much less Carnival ships but when you said no different that may be true on some cruises but the one I went on was a huge different!🙂

33 minutes ago, ink76 said:

I was using that as apple to apple compares both sail out of Port Canaveral 4 day cruises, now I have not cruise all RC ships much less Carnival ships but when you said no different that may be true on some cruises but the one I went on was a huge different!🙂

🤦

14 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Guess you haven’t watched enough videos. 

• Like 1