Celebrity Eclipse advice on complaining for exceeding noise room 6115?

Mrsgtravels

Help! I’ve had two sleepless nights listening to walls creak and engine or chains below during night. I just approached guest services and they say I need to call in middle of night when noise happening. I’ve recorded it. I’m likely stuck in forward room 6115 but this is painful. I was on same ship last year without a problem. Thanks for your advice.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Lets start by getting you over to the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Celebrity, located here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

Ships are big pieces of machinery. They make noises...its a fact of life. Creaking is very common. "Engine or chain" noise? Those are two entirely different sounds.

38 minutes ago, Mrsgtravels said:

Thanks, I’m sure they are noisy but really this room is dreadful. Hotels that I’ve stayed in next to train tracks at least warn you and provide free ear plugs. I’ll follow your link. 

Go to Guest Services and complain. If you don't get a good response from Guest Services then ask to speak to the Hotel Director. 

2 hours ago, Mrsgtravels said:

Thanks, I’m sure they are noisy but really this room is dreadful. Hotels that I’ve stayed in next to train tracks at least warn you and provide free ear plugs. I’ll follow your link. 

We have had bad noises twice on cruises caused by defective machinery. Both times were were moved. It did take persistence with guest relations. First time it was on Celebrity and they claimed they were fully booked. After we talked to a supervisor in guest relations the fully booked turned into a list of nine cabins to pick from. There are always no shows so there are options. I looked at three and picked one. Our cabin attendent helped us move.

We were once in a cabin on deck 8 or 9 next to a machinery space of some kind.  The common wall was resonating with whatever was happening in that space and creating a really irritating noise.   One of the white shirts came to the cabin to check it out and agreed.  Because of occupancy, we could only be offered a lower category cabin.  We took it and actually liked it better for location and access to other parts of the ship.  

Unfortunately what I just said is of little help to the OP other than they do sometimes respond to these kinds of issues.  

We have had friends stay cabins far forward and they have reported being awaken by the chains being lower as the ship is docking in a port which can be quite early sometimes.  But that wouldn’t explain the noise at night

Thanks all! I called the front desk at 1am and the steward decided it’s the “toilet” creaking! Will see if they fix it. I also think some of the banging may be from eclipse theatre crew…vacuuming at 6am…who knows. Another sleepless night…