Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

35 minutes ago, RedOaks said:

In that case RCCL can be debt free in 5 years as long as the financials stay the same.  Stop building new ships and maybe they can be debt free earlier.

Many profitable companies have a lot of debt. Apple, commonly one of the most profitable companies each year, has over $100 billion of debt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedOaks said:

In that case RCCL can be debt free in 5 years as long as the financials stay the same.  Stop building new ships and maybe they can be debt free earlier.

You can’t stop building ships in this field and stay relevant. And at the fares the new ships command, they are worth building. Royal is certainly happy they built Icon.

New ships are built on separate and distinct financing based on a sound business plan that is approved by the board and those lenders that are financing it. 

In this sense it is good debt if there ever such a thing.   In contrast the debt incurred during the shutdown to service existing debt, expenses and obligations is not "good" debt in that it didn't directly generate revenue. It was required for the company to survive so in that sense it is "good".

Basically more new ships equates to more new revenue that should more than support the debt required to generate the increased revenue.  The revenue generated covers the cost to service the debt plus it generates additional income for the organization that can be applied towards other financial obligations.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twangster said:

New ships are built on separate and distinct financing based on a sound business plan that is approved by the board and those lenders that are financing it. 

In this sense it is good debt if there ever such a thing.   In contrast the debt incurred during the shutdown to service existing debt, expenses and obligations is not "good" debt in that it didn't directly generate revenue. It was required for the company to survive so in that sense it is "good".

Basically more new ships equates to more new revenue that should more than support the debt required to generate the increased revenue.  The revenue generated covers the cost to service the debt plus it generates additional income for the organization that can be applied towards other financial obligations.  

@twangster are there any plans to convert some ships to green energy like methanol or ammonia. Maybe Wonder or the newer ships.

Edited by Chiliburn

4 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Between increasing prices, decreasing quality/service and potential reducing loyalty recognition, there won’t be customers in 5 years IMO. 

Along with all that they are still running average 109% plus capacity and made 1 Billion in 3 months, lack of Passengers isnt an issue. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Between increasing prices, decreasing quality/service and potential reducing loyalty recognition, there won’t be customers in 5 years IMO. 

What is that they say? "There's a sucker born every minute."  Liberty is doing his best to find these suckers who have not cruised before.  Those of us who have are looking elsewhere, knowing that the tripling and quadrupling of prices with inferior service and food will not entice us to return.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Along with all that they are still running average 109% plus capacity and made 1 Billion in 3 months, lack of Passengers isnt an issue. 

True. And it’s just my opinion but I think their current approach is only workable for a couple of years.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

There are a lot of factors to consider here, but price for what you get... our 2025 HNL-YVR repo we went with the Star Class Grand Loft Suite on Ovation which was almost the same price as a mid-ship Deluxe Family Balcony on Disney after (Disney converts from USD to CAD). RC is not going up in price in a vacuum and I think, for what you get (especially in a suite), there is some good value.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@twangster are there any plans to convert some ships to green energy like methanol or ammonia. Maybe Wonder or the newer ships.

Not that I've heard.  Retrofitting such a change is generally a pretty daunting concept but I don't know enough about the specifics to even venture to guess if its even viable.  My initial gut reaction would be no, such a change if it was available to the shipping industry would go into new builds but I just don't know.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not that I've heard.  Retrofitting such a change is generally a pretty daunting concept but I don't know enough about the specifics to even venture to guess if its even viable.  My initial gut reaction would be no, such a change if it was available to the shipping industry would go into new builds but I just don't know.  

Wärtsilä do convert ships and you would think the newer ships would have been built to be converted to biofuel or ammonia.

I have just found out the reason royal is cutting back on ship here in Australia is to comply with carbon emissions. As you know everything is a long distance here and big fuel burn thus increasing the company carbon emissions.

I just thought you might know.

https://www.wartsila.com/marine/products/engines-and-generating-sets/dual-fuel-engines

• Like 2

( Something  to watch later in the week,) 
Hawaii ports opened up Honolulu 29 April 2025 bookings a few hours ago. No Ovation listed for this date to match the current cruise on sale. Silver Moon has a booking in Hawaii for the 29 April. 
Quantum has 2 bookings now 23 April and an over night one 27- 28 April 2025. 
Anthem is booked 18 April 2025. 
We should know in a few days.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, springaussie said:

Hawaii ports opened up Honolulu 29 April 2025 bookings a few hours ago. No Ovation listed for this date to match the current cruise on sale. Silver Moon has a booking in Hawaii for the 29 April. 

Will be keeping a close eye as we are booked on the Ovation transpacific in April 2025

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 12:29 PM, island lady said:

Teerara...I booked that same cabin I had on our TA (and including our B2B we did in the Med prior) for my B2B coming up this Sunday.   Much pricier for this one of course (with no price protection from cancelled Allure) but each leg 7K and 8K.  Expected a higher price of course.  

Decided to check into another B2B for this same time next year...same cabin.  Now almost 12K for each leg.  Yikes!!!  😨 Nope...pass on that.  Ended up on little Enchantment 9 night in a GS out of Tampa at this same time next year.  5K.   Yeah, not same ship in the least...but yeowch!!  $$$$  😮 

Yikes is right!  Just nuts.

For the Allure TA we're looking at getting 2 regular balcony cabins, one for each of us or I will get a junior suite and my roommate will get a regular balcony.  I know there are some juniors with connecting doors to a regular balcony cabin.  That way she can save money for her cabin whereas we also get a bigger balcony with my junior.  It will, of course, depend on the pricing.

Our upcoming Panama Canal cruise will be our last one sharing the same cabin.  She needs her sleep and I snore. ;o)))  On Wonder we alternated sleeping on the couch in the living area.  Thank God for that Owner's Suite!  It was a dream.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Yikes is right!  Just nuts.

For the Allure TA we're looking at getting 2 regular balcony cabins, one for each of us or I will get a junior suite and my roommate will get a regular balcony.  I know there are some juniors with connecting doors to a regular balcony cabin.  That way she can save money for her cabin whereas we also get a bigger balcony with my junior.  It will, of course, depend on the pricing.

Our upcoming Panama Canal cruise will be our last one sharing the same cabin.  She needs her sleep and I snore. ;o)))  On Wonder we alternated sleeping on the couch in the living area.  Thank God for that Owner's Suite!  It was a dream.

Sounds like a fantabulous plan!  I know you will enjoy, especially now that she is feeling better!  Have a great cruise!

20 hours ago, springaussie said:

Quantum is booked April 25th 2025 in Kona.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:51 AM, barbeyg said:

They still have $20B in debt, most of that long-term debt, so that isn't accounted for on a current P&L statement.  Only the current debt payments are reflected in the profit and loss statement.

FYI, all interest expense for the year appears on the P&L statement, while the total debt appears on the balance sheet.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

FYI, all interest expense for the year appears on the P&L statement, while the total debt appears on the balance sheet.

Yes, I know that.  I was referring to LT and ST debt only in my comment. Thanks. 🙂