Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

Disappointed with the lack of options but somewhat expected based on how it was reported here.

We have a hold on 2 cruises in 2024 as we waited for this release. We were hoping for 2025 with time to save a little extra but not gonna happen. We have the 12 night fjords booked Aug 2024 followed by the 16 night transatlantic to Boston. Quite excited about this and out TA got us a great rate. Very happy with the price and itinerary. Greenland is somewhere we never thought we'd get to.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Prices are high! 
The overnight Istanbul one is $2906 for 7n. 

Prices are ridiculous and in my eyes they no longer have a pricing structure within the RCG. We can pass our thanks onto Liberty, whose strategy has just become HIGH, HIGH, HIGH!

For example, we have booked on a 12-night Celebrity Apex cruise next year to the same region as a 7-night on Anthem. However, the Apex cruise has cost us £1000 less than the Anthem one, despite the fact that it’s 5-nights longer. Wasn’t there once a time where the equivalent cruise with X would be more expensive?  As they are a ‘premium’ line. Obviously, new ships are an exception to this. 

Some prices are just getting out of control and cruising as a whole is starting to lose the ‘value’ that it was once known for. 

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Interesting Brilliance TA into Portsmouth 🇬🇧 via Bermuda 🇧🇲 … prices are almost double what we are paying for our 2024 TAs 😭 though! 

To Portsmouth? Mine goes to MISSING PORT! 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

I think it’s quite a bargain to be left stranded in the middle of the ocean, but that’s just my opinion 😂

IMG_6471.thumb.jpeg.bb89b3f81a2c139d6cd3f91be545901b.jpeg

On a more serious note, I think this shows how she was originally supposed to go to Amsterdam, but this got changed to Athens at the very last minute.

No WB Fall 2025 TAs on offer which makes me sad, but doing a dummy booking for the EB Spring 2025 TA on Allure was just nuts.  Not happy with the prices at all.  Itinerary was less than impressive, too, although they might be prepping the ship for dry dock for the crossing?  

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, andreasfcb said:

If I understand correctly, Indy is replacing Anthem.

But where are the longer cruises? There seems no European (Southern) Cities or Beaches cruise anymore. These were quite popular and long (14 nights). Now I only see one Canaries cruise (12 nights), the rest is quite short.

I have just read this on another social media site, so take it with a pinch of salt.

It is indeed only Independence from Southampton, with no announcement of a 2nd ship at any point.

Apparently, in a Royal Caribbean UK webinar, they said that the lack of longer itineraries were due to poor sales in 2023, which is why they went for shorter options. 

One of the biggest things though was that there would be no drinks packages on Independence for cruises less than 7-nights. I don’t know how true this is, but they know that brits love a drink and I definitely wouldn’t put it past them if this was the case.

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

10 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I have just read this on another social media site, so take it with a pinch of salt.

It is indeed only Independence from Southampton, with no announcement of a 2nd ship at any point.

Apparently, in a Royal Caribbean UK webinar, they said that the lack of longer itineraries were due to poor sales in 2023, which is why they went for shorter options. 

One of the biggest things though was that there would be no drinks packages on Independence for cruises less than 7-nights. I don’t know how true this is, but they know that brits love a drink and I definitely wouldn’t put it past them if this was the case.

It's almost like they want to pull out of the UK altogether and are doing everything they can think of to cause poor sales so they have an excuse to do so. 😕

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Interesting. I closely followed the booking status of the long Anthem cruises and we never managed to get a decent cabin or price. Suites are sold out for ages on the beaches or cities cruise, and the prices were horrible when they still were available. As of now, they have reduced the prices of balcony canons by at least 50 %, so maybe they were not able to sell those.

No drinks packages on short ex-UK cruises  under 3n already in place ( and has been for about 5 years)… extending it to 7n and under would be a killer.

Even more reason to cruise MSC on their nice new ships and with their cheap drinks packages out of Southampton ! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, little britain said:

No drinks packages on short ex-UK cruises  under 3n already in place ( and has been for about 5 years)… extending it to 7n and under would be a killer.

Even more reason to cruise MSC on their nice new ships and with their cheap drinks packages out of Southampton ! 

Can you buy the drink packages on 3 night cruises from Southampton on board?

In Australia they sell the drink packages on 3 night only onboard day one. 

44 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hello,

I think that folks on the 2 & 3 night itineraries looked upon the drinks package as less of an opportunity and more of a challenge!

And another good thing about the drinks on MSC (no, not what I usually say) it's easy to get freshly squeezed orange juice - almost every bar on pool decks make it and serve it.

What can we wish for in 2026 given the Indy and its 2025 itineraries make a week-end in Bognor look exciting?

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

This wouldn't surprise me at all for the 5 night Hamburg and Rotterdam itineraries and I think it would be out of necessity.

We have taken many short Spring Break cruises from the US as it tends to coincide with the two week Easter holidays here in the UK. Nothing has compared to a short Royal cruise from Southampton especially if it has the big family groups and hen/stag parties.

I'm no prude and I like a good time (often my Diamond vouchers are gone by late afternoon 😄) but that itinerary and the three nighters with drinks packages would attract a certain type of cruiser which would be too much for me.

On 10/26/2023 at 1:14 PM, Ashland said:

Can someone post the release schedule...Thanks.

Hello all~~

Firstly, I couldn't get rid of the above ↑ text in my reply box.  Sorry.

Question for my friends in England:  Regarding Brilliance eastbound TA, what do you make of the ship coming into Portsmouth on April 27, 2025?  

Also, I cannot see what the next cruise is for the Brilliance.  

Thank you~
Leslie

Edited by LAKaye

2 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Some prices are just getting out of control and cruising as a whole is starting to lose the ‘value’ that it was once known for.

IMO based on these prices, there is no value for money. From a quick scan, launch prices for 2025 are on a par with prices now for 2024. 
If this is as good as it gets, we will skip RC for 2025. 

So, I have gone and done it.

No, not booked that November 2025 14 night Canaries cruise on the P&O Iona for only £809pp

but...

Booked the May 2025 12 night Canaries cruise on the Indy for me and my wife.

It was a factor of a few things.

1) It's my wife's birthday in May so will be in Madeira.

2) It's the Indy and not the Anthem. (Indy and Navi are our favs).

3) The weather and sea should be much better in May than in November (remember the Bay of Biscay and how bad it can get at times!)

4) Its £100s of pounds cheaper than the Anthem in June 2024.

I mean, RCI wants £3443 total for the 2 of us for 12 nights in an interior which is not in a ideal location for June 2024 and the price of a JS - not happening! No longer guaranteed CK entry if too many pins or suites guests and thats the only good perk of a JS.

I know the P&O price sounds very good, but we are D+ with Royal so get 5 free £14 drinks per day, so just to have 2 or 3 per day with P&O would add over £1000 to their price making it around £2600ish

I have just booked one of our favourite rooms on the Indy which is a Royal Promenade View Interior on deck 6 above guest services so no noisy music from below late at night. Also its in a central place just in case the weather does get bad - as you just never can tell anymore.

Total price with My Time Dining and grats paid (remember they go up 2% on the 11th Nov so got in quick!) is £2887.84 with a £300 deposit and the balance not due to December 2024. Its less than £120pppd with $70pppd drinks thrown in.

Now I know some of you may not be high up on the C&A ladder, but anyone who is Diamond and above surely cannot go wrong with that price especially if you compare it to the Anthem in 2024.

BTW There is also a 14 night TA from Miami on the Indy via Bermuda, The Azores, Portugal and Spain and its only £2342.48 total for the same room. However, we would have to add on nearly £1000 for flights and another £500 for hotels in Miami, and we are doing a TA next April on the Jewel, plus the Indy only had 1 day in Bermuda and you need 2 to visit both Hamilton and the beach near the lighthouse at Southampton.

At least the 1 12 night cruise on the Indy is at a good time of the year. 

We have cut down our 2 yearly 7 night cruises to just 1 big one in order to save on extortionate air fares and European hotel prices.

Anyone in the same boat (pardon the pun) would be wise to grab this cruise as it looks like its selling out.

Also, just for comparison, a GTY with MTD and Grats paid is £2489.84 so only £400 cheaper and you could be put anywhere - and there are some bad places on this ship if you are not careful.

An interior on deck 2 is £2821.84 so only around £60 more for a PV.

On the other hand a Balcony GTY will cost you £3317, but again you could be anywhere, not just front or back but in an obstructed view area too.

Hope to see some of you aboard!

A balcony and JS will cost much more of course.

So in all, I think the price for a PV room is not bad when everything else is taken into account. No waiting to see where your room will be, no playing that Royal Up game.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, LAKaye said:

Hello all~~

Firstly, I couldn't get rid of the above ↑ text in my reply box.  Sorry.

Question for my friends in England:  Regarding Brilliance eastbound TA, what do you make of the ship coming into Portsmouth on April 27, 2025?  

Also, I cannot see what the next cruise is for the Brilliance.  

Thank you~
Leslie

Love it! 
Virgin and Saga are using it as a port more. Should be a very interesting sail in through the little channel past Gunwharf and all the Royal Navy ships.  There is a motorway 🛣️ literally outside the port and it is a short cab 🚕 ride to the train station for good links to London. 

And it’s only 30 minutes from my house! 

No next cruise as she’s going into short dry dock. 

Edited by little britain

Hello,

Just a small 'nit-pick' - Indy does not have a CK, so it's only SL that rations its space. The SL was two rooms, a Card Room and something else, and when the dividing doors were opened produced a long strange shaped room. It was sometimes used as an overflow for the Diamond (now Crown) Lounge. Q for any recent cruisers - Does it still have the grand piano? I wept when I saw it being used to mount the chaffing dishes at night.

I'll be there once RCI sharpens its pencil to produce the solo prices that currently aren't loaded.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Love it! 
Virgin and Saga are using it as a port more. Should be a very interesting sail in through the little channel past Gunwharf and all the Royal Navy ships.  There is a motorway 🛣️ literally outside the port and it is a short cab 🚕 ride to the train station for good links to London. 

And it’s only 30 minutes from my house! 

No next cruise as she’s going into short dry dock. 

Thank you for this great information.  I didn't know about the dry dock.  Yikes!  

🙏🏻

13 hours ago, CruiseMelissa said:

Awesome!  We put the NF to 2025 because we got a great deal on Japan in 2024 on Celebrity.  Crossing fingers we can make NF work in 2025!

There are so many adventures out there to enjoy indeed.  And with us...just trying to pack it all in as much as we can...while we can still do it.  😉 

Already anxiously waiting to fill up 2026...since the next two years are pretty packed in already.  😄 

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Unfortunatelly Serenade‘s itinerary is very poor with only one real Norwegian Fjord stop in 9 days and that is just Olden.

Hmmm...somehow I think we will survive.  🙂  We are doing just half of the 274 days that Serenade dances around the globe.  After RCI cancelled our Aussie adventure not once, but twice...they struck out with us.  Have given Viking our Australia, SP, Taz, NZ adventure now, so didn't need 2nd quarter WC...plus I refuse to travel through the middle east (3rd quarter).   

We are on first and fourth quarter, and are totally excited about the ports we do visit.  

• Like 2