Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

16 minutes ago, amindu said:

It’s so bizarre on Allure Cat 1A on Deck 11, I called and they told me those are not available. I think I have a theory though since this itinerary has both Barcelona and Rome as ports where you can get on, I think they are reserving those rooms for the May 4, 2025 sailing from Barcelona because it’s showing available there but not on the May 8th since it’s a 7 day and there would already be someone in the room. It’s bizarre how they allocate what port gets which rooms since for Rome they only have the aft balcony cabin 7330 and 7730 next to the rock climbing sections. Maybe @Ourusualbeach can shed more light. 

You are correct.  Certain cabins are allocated to each embrakation port.  If it was wide open it would leave a lot of rooms not booked for the 3 or 4 days between..

How they decide what staterooms and how many of each stateroom would be decided by revenue based on historical sales by port. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are correct.  Certain cabins are allocated to each embrakation port.  If it was wide open it would leave a lot of rooms not booked for the 3 or 4 days between..

How they decide what staterooms and how many of each stateroom would be decided by revenue based on historical sales by port. 

I believe all interport sailings work this way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Check out the RCI Blog - an article has just been published saying that there will only be 6 ships in Europe 2025 (a 33% reduction from 9 in 2023)  but by sending bigger ships and the total capacity will be reduced by 23%.

By comparison NCL is sending 8 ships including NCL Viva and Prima.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Apparently they want to focus on cruises that call at Perfect Day at Coco Cay!

Hello,

Yes, I read that article too.

What Royal needs to do is decide whether they are cruise line operators or amusement park operators.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

What Royal needs to do is decide whether they are cruise line operators or amusement park operators.

Regards,

Cublet

I've just read the article and what a depressing read it was.

Although UK based like yourself we cruise as much from the US with Royal as we do from Europe and even we are getting a bit fed up with itineraries going to Coco Cay.

I absolutely love cruising with Royal but I had a look at the NCL website after someone mentioned the Iceland itineraries above and was amazed at the variety of cruises they offer.

I really like the Royal product though 😐

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

I understand what you are saying and agree to a point. Lots of other ships also have lots of facilities onboard such as water slides, arcades, drop slides, some even have go kart tracks. 

I think Royal face so much more competition in europe then the US/Bahamas cruise route. Its the same for European cruise lines trying to break into the US market. Very difficult.

Placing less ships in Europe Royal will fill them. However they will have to be more aggressive with pricing (included the extras) to become a force in Europe. 

MSC and P&O are very agressive with pricing. MSC especially, and thier big ships are full of fun things, slides, arcades, bowling, cinemas etc. so it can be achieved. 

The itineraries are becoming stale as well. But this is the same for a lot of the cruises out there, bar a few. 

But cruising is still fun and exciting and good value for money taking into account that you visit different ports. 

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK

On 11/8/2023 at 10:48 AM, Jumping Cruiser said:

I have just read this on another social media site, so take it with a pinch of salt.

It is indeed only Independence from Southampton, with no announcement of a 2nd ship at any point.

Apparently, in a Royal Caribbean UK webinar, they said that the lack of longer itineraries were due to poor sales in 2023, which is why they went for shorter options. 

One of the biggest things though was that there would be no drinks packages on Independence for cruises less than 7-nights. I don’t know how true this is, but they know that brits love a drink and I definitely wouldn’t put it past them if this was the case.

It is UNTRUE about no deluxe drinks packages for 7n or under. 
It is the usual restriction on the 2-3n Southampton cruises where there are no deluxe drinks packages which has been in place for 5 years or so 

38 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Whichever makes them the most money.

21 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Exactly. They are the real cash cows. 

Long cruises to ‘interesting’ ports are not.

Yes Royal will make an immediate return on a fleet of Utopias doing three nights to Nassau and Coco Cay but people will get fed up of that. I see it now in Nassau, on Anthem last Easter most of the New Yorkers couldn't be bothered getting off the ship.

Just my opinion but this type of thinking is seriously leaving the door open for MSC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tin can said:

I've just read the article and what a depressing read it was.

Although UK based like yourself we cruise as much from the US with Royal as we do from Europe and even we are getting a bit fed up with itineraries going to Coco Cay.

Totally agree.   In the past, when you did a B2B western/eastern...they were all different ports.  Now it seems both directions just "have" to go to Coco Cay.  🤪

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

Yes Royal will make an immediate return on a fleet of Utopias doing three nights to Nassau and Coco Cay but people will get fed up of that. I see it now in Nassau, on Anthem last Easter most of the New Yorkers couldn't be bothered getting off the ship.

Just my opinion but this type of thinking is seriously leaving the door open for MSC.

Nassau trying to draw those thousands of people off the ship with that huge new, modern development inside the port area.  

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Unless they are unique one off itineraries to Greenland which sell out at top $$ which shows that people want unique itineraries!!

You got that right...and if RCI does not want to offer those...there are other lines that are most happy to receive your money.  😉 

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.   In the past, when you did a B2B western/eastern...they were all different ports.  Now it seems both directions just "have" to go to Coco Cay.  🤪

I have even seen a couple of transatlantics that go to Coco Cay......I mean, seriously?

3 hours ago, Tin can said:

Out of curiosity i priced up Alure and MSC world Europa out of barcelona around the med for 7 nights. 

Inside room, end of july 25, cruise cost and Graturites. Royal was approx £600 more for a family of three then MSC. 

Is  Alure worth £600 more? IMO no. That £600 will pay for my flights from the UK to Barcelona. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

And not only that...the World Cruise goes to Coco Cay...not just once...but twice!!  😣

Trying to get the last $$ in your pocket before you get off the ship making that your last stop of the WC.

I'm betting many will declare Chapter 7 bankruptcy before getting off the ship.😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Placing less ships in Europe Royal will fill them. However they will have to be more aggressive with pricing (included the extras) to become a force in Europe. 

I think it's becoming pretty obvious Royal doesn't want to be a big player in Europe. Reducing the amount of ships there now is telling you something. You may not like it but it's for real. Time to look elsewhere.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think it's becoming pretty obvious Royal doesn't want to be a big player in Europe. Reducing the amount of ships there now is telling you something. You may not like it but it's for real. Time to look elsewhere.

I see it from the opposite side. They know there's more money to be made elsewhere, so why not put some ships in those elsewhere places?

If Europe was a big moneymaker, they'd have more ships there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Might be the emptiest days ever at Coco Cay 

LOL...I am not sure Coco Cay is ever empty...but we (on Wonder) were the only ship there on Monday of this week and last week.  But being a ship with over 6K pax...still was quite populated.  😉

With WC Serenade going there on a Monday, guessing the tiny ship will be docked next to Big Momma Wonder that day.  😲

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...I am not sure Coco Cay is ever empty...but we (on Wonder) were the only ship there on Monday of this week and last week.  But being a ship with over 6K pax...still was quite populated.  😉

With WC Serenade going there on a Monday, guessing the tiny ship will be docked next to Big Momma Wonder that day.  😲

The clientele that can pull off the world cruise (or even a quarter leg) aren't the type to flock to a place they've probably been 20+ times.