Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

I have the feeling in a few weeks the Media Section in Miami will come out bragging about an Anthem voyage from London to Dubai around Africa.

In the meantime cruisers who have been booked to go on the original cruise for a year will have made other arrangements. 

5 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I have the feeling in a few weeks the Media Section in Miami will come out bragging about an Anthem voyage from London to Dubai around Africa.

In the meantime cruisers who have been booked to go on the original cruise for a year will have made other arrangements. 

Sounds right. 

2 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Yes.  I’ll be surprised if Royal don’t try to get revenue.  
They may well organise amd release a revenue repo via Africa and then have to cancel the leg ending in Dubai and come up with plan C.  A nightmare for the people dealing with it in Miami and for booked passengers.  

53 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes.  I’ll be surprised if Royal don’t try to get revenue.  
They may well organise amd release a revenue repo via Africa and then have to cancel the leg ending in Dubai and come up with plan C.  A nightmare for the people dealing with it in Miami and for booked passengers.  

Princess and Virgin announced the replacement cruises in one go.

Why can’t Royal? 

14 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Told you many many moons ago! But everybody was still dreaming back then.....🙄

Haven't you just constantly told everyone that Anthem is not going to Australia and that Serenade is not coming to Europe due to the conflict? Both were wrong....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, springaussie said:

Why can’t Royal? 

Someone on the UWC was reporting Royal was moaning about high port fees and extra security prices. Ship tours is highly recomended due to security issues 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

Why can’t Royal? 

Royal’s management in Miami seems to be disorganised in comparison to some of their competitors.  

• Like 3

On 4/16/2024 at 10:01 PM, Chiliburn said:

It might not be practical to have passengers Ken.

It would probably be broken up into segments around Africa and there might not be enough flights to transfer passengers.

If you take Capetown,there might be 3,000 passengers getting off and another 3,000 getting on .

There wouldn’t be enough flights to handle a extra 6,000 people moving through Capetown.

They can move around Africa quickly with no stops without passengers. They can do it with no liability of passengers.  It makes perfect sense. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Royal’s management in Miami seems to be disorganised in comparison to some of their competitors.  

Or, as they seem to do every year, they intentionally wait till others set their itineraries to perhaps gain info and an edge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barley928 said:

They can move around Africa quickly with no stops without passengers. They can do it with no liability of passengers.  It makes perfect sense. 

Absolutely. And they can change course at very short notice with no disruption to passengers if the situation requires it.

Interesting that Cunard have already decided to divert QM2’s 2025 world cruise around Africa instead of through Suez. That’s a whole year away. They clearly aren’t optimistic about the situation improving so anyone who’s booked on the Voyager Rome to Dubai repo in 18 months would be wise to have a Plan B.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Absolutely. And they can change course at very short notice with no disruption to passengers if the situation requires it.

Interesting that Cunard have already decided to divert QM2’s 2025 world cruise around Africa instead of through Suez. That’s a whole year away. They clearly aren’t optimistic about the situation improving so anyone who’s booked on the Voyager Rome to Dubai repo in 18 months would be wise to have a Plan B.

Plan A which looks like a fizzer .Plan B which I’m not real confident in and now working on Plan C .

Provisions would be an issue for Royal,I don’t think they have Fosters in South Africa.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Or, as they seem to do every year, they intentionally wait till others set their itineraries to perhaps gain info and an edge. 

Royal's top brass are followers, never a group to set the bar.

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Royal's top brass are followers, never a group to set the bar.

Hmmmm

Voyager class

Oasis class

Icon

Utopia and Wonder for short itineraries

Perfect day at CocoCay

Beachy Club in Nassau and Cozumel

• Like 4

7 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I take groups worldwide and advise all my clients to choose a different cruise as I feel Dubai wilk be closed to cruiselines also because of attack on commercial ship. I could be completely wrong,  but I have been in this business white a while and seen this many times before.  Dubai will be another hot sppt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hmmmm

Voyager class

Oasis class

Icon

Utopia and Wonder for short itineraries

Perfect day at CocoCay

Beachy Club in Nassau and Cozumel

Was referring to their itineraries. Isn't that more what this thread is about? Itineraries not ship or private island builds?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barley928 said:

I take groups worldwide and advise all my clients to choose a different cruise as I feel Dubai wilk be closed to cruiselines also because of attack on commercial ship. I could be completely wrong,  but I have been in this business white a while and seen this many times before.  Dubai will be another hot sppt

There was a ship hijacked just the other day.

https://safety4sea.com/hormuz-container-seizure-causes-new-headache-for-the-industry/

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

When are the Panama Canal cruises usually released?

I’m looking at L.A to the Caribbean the end of next year.

I don't think there's a set pattern for those. They just seem to show up randomly. You need to keep checking Serenade and Radiance as they are the only plausible candidates and neither has a deployment past September 2025 yet.

• Thanks 1

The Spring one (08-Apr-24) was released Wednesday, 09-Nov-22 (I know, because I booked it the day it was released)

The 07-Oct-23 PC cruise Roll Call thread was created 09-Mar-22 by someone that booked it the previous day. My guess is that it was released on the 8th or shortly before.

Right now, I believe some releases are delayed as they are somewhat busy rescheduling the UWC around Africa instead of going through the Suez canal.

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

The Spring one (08-Apr-24) was released Wednesday, 09-Nov-22 (I know, because I booked it the day it was released)

The 07-Oct-23 PC cruise Roll Call thread was created 09-Mar-22 by someone that booked it the previous day. My guess is that it was released on the 8th or shortly before.

Right now, I believe some releases are delayed as they are somewhat busy rescheduling the UWC around Africa instead of going through the Suez canal.

So about 6-7 months before.

I know the schedules won’t be released until around October, but do people think RCCL will go back to British Isles in 2026?  We decided to do a land trip this year, and I don’t see any British Isles next year.  

Celebrity isn’t an option.  We will be traveling with my father and the single supplement on that cruise line is ridiculous.  The same cabin for him is almost $4,000 more for him than it would be for us.  A single supplement is one thing, that high of one is another.

We are now leaning towards an Asian cruise next year, and putting off British Isles until 2026.  If RCCL doesn’t have itineraries we will switch to Princess.

43 minutes ago, hazeleyez3 said:

I know the schedules won’t be released until around October, but do people think RCCL will go back to British Isles in 2026?  We decided to do a land trip this year, and I don’t see any British Isles next year.  

Celebrity isn’t an option.  We will be traveling with my father and the single supplement on that cruise line is ridiculous.  The same cabin for him is almost $4,000 more for him than it would be for us.  A single supplement is one thing, that high of one is another.

We are now leaning towards an Asian cruise next year, and putting off British Isles until 2026.  If RCCL doesn’t have itineraries we will switch to Princess.

If they bring back a smaller ship to North Europe they can do around British Isle cruises again.