Onion Rings on Harmony

Is there anywhere free we can get them?  Do they ever show up in Windjammer?  Can the MDR accommodate this request (guessing no)?

Things I figured out from searching:

No Playmakers on Harmony

Johnny Rockets has them but not free (is it worth $12.99 just for rings?  Maybe, as a last resort...)

If you have any other suggestions I'd appreciate it!

35 minutes ago, TripleQ said:

Is there anywhere free we can get them?  Do they ever show up in Windjammer?  Can the MDR accommodate this request (guessing no)?

No Playmakers on Harmony

Johnny Rockets has them but not free (is it worth $12.99 just for rings?  Maybe, as a last resort...)

If you have any other suggestions I'd appreciate it!

No

2 hours ago, TripleQ said:

No Playmakers on Harmony

13 bucks for onion rings is a little steep, they are unlimited so that takes a little sting away.  One small plus is that they will throw in unlimited burgers, chili, and a desert if the rings don't fill you up.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The main dining room may be able to accommodate a request for onion rings with some advance notice.  Just ask your waiter or head waiter.  (They made my wife gluten-free mozzarella sticks for lunch one day.)   

30 minutes ago, drjohn4 said:

The main dining room may be able to accommodate a request for onion rings with some advance notice.  Just ask your waiter or head waiter.  (They made my wife gluten-free mozzarella sticks for lunch one day.)   

Agree. Sometimes the MDR will bend over backwards for your special requests. We love Filipino food and they even made us to on occasion. It all depends on the ship etc...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I have never seen onion rings outside of Johnny Rockets or Chops 

Chops eh?  I suppose $70 for onion rings with a free filet mignon could be palatable.

In April on the Explorer and May on the Adventure….there were NO actual “rings” in the onion rings served in JR. They were tiny tiny chopped onions in the batter. You couldn’t actually see them but they did taste onion-y. Certainly not like they used to be when there was an actual onion ring inside the crusted batter.

Look for the "Royal Burger" during lunch in the MDR...the burger has a couple of onion rings IN the burger...but I often politely ask for a bowl of extra onion rings on the side. They have given it to me every time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island284 said:

In April on the Explorer and May on the Adventure….there were NO actual “rings” in the onion rings served in JR. They were tiny tiny chopped onions in the batter. You couldn’t actually see them but they did taste onion-y. Certainly not like they used to be when there was an actual onion ring inside the crusted batter.

That is how they were at JRs on Oasis.   

9 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Agree. Sometimes the MDR will bend over backwards for your special requests. We love Filipino food and they even made us to on occasion. It all depends on the ship etc...

How recently?