Best Hotel near NYC cruise terminal

I Teach

What is the best hotel with or with or without shuttle service to the NCL cruise terminal in NYC. Prefer a shuttle service but can do a cab if easier. Will have up to 6 adults, 4 children. 
Thanks for any suggestions. 

22 minutes ago, I Teach said:

What is the best hotel with or with or without shuttle service to the NCL cruise terminal in NYC. Prefer a shuttle service but can do a cab if easier. Will have up to 6 adults, 4 children. 

Lots of good hotel information available here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

• Like 2

We have always been delighted with the Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, if that fits your standards.  Clean,affordable, nice breakfast, rooms a bit small but adequate.  And it's about a 2 block walk to the pier in the morning!  Also Times Square is an easy walk.  Plenty of rerstaurants nearby. I especially like not having to worry about a transfer on cruise day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I Teach said:

"Best" could cost a few thousand dollars a night for six adults and four children, so you probably don't really want the "best". There are hundreds of hotels in New York in a wide range of prices. You first need to define a budget and how many rooms you need (NY City hotel rooms tend to be small).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

"Best" could cost a few thousand dollars a night for six adults and four children, so you probably don't really want the "best". There are hundreds of hotels in New York in a wide range of prices. You first need to define a budget and how many rooms you need (NY City hotel rooms tend to be small).

I agree with this.  We’ve stayed in many hotels around Times Square and occasionally stayed out at the airport the night before and cabbed/Ubered it in the next day.  It depends on what you want to do/see and how much you want to spend.  There are no cheap options, especially with a group that size.  I think I’d be looking for AirBnBs by the airport in your situation, unless cost is no issue.

1 hour ago, Russiamomm said:

I agree with this.  We’ve stayed in many hotels around Times Square and occasionally stayed out at the airport the night before and cabbed/Ubered it in the next day.  It depends on what you want to do/see and how much you want to spend.  There are no cheap options, especially with a group that size.  I think I’d be looking for AirBnBs by the airport in your situation, unless cost is no issue.

I believe Airbnb’s are still illegal in nyc.

On 7/15/2023 at 2:02 PM, mjkacmom said:

Yes but they are still illegal. If you get scammed, you are SOL.

This is correct, you are much more likely to be scammed than you are to find a safe, legal and convenient private rental in Manhattan

• Like 1

A law covers AirBnB or other housing share services and remember you are still subject to NYC Hotel Taxes at an AirBnB of 5.875% of the rental (if under 30 days) plus the flat fee of $2 per day.

Passed in January 2022, the law requires hosts who want to list on Airbnb or other platforms to register with the city and receive an operating license and bars companies from collecting booking fees on unregistered properties.

Hosts will be required to show a diagram with all exit routes in the unit and display the registration certificate, submit proof that the host is a permanent occupant and list the number of unrelated permanent occupants in the residence. 

On 7/15/2023 at 10:37 AM, www3traveler said:

Norwegian's Partnership Hotel in NYC is the Marriott on Broadway and it comes with a transfer to the pier.

Check it on the Norwegian website: Explore, Land and Sea Package, New York City

One can easily book a nice hotel in the area and Uber or taxi to the pier for less than NCL charges. Plus you don’t have to wait for 50 other passengers to get on the bus. 

49 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

One can easily book a nice hotel in the area and Uber or taxi to the pier for less than NCL charges. Plus you don’t have to wait for 50 other passengers to get on the bus. 

As a rule it is better to do things on your own. NCL does not do anything which does not make them money.  And, even if it might be less expensive, are you sure you want to wait for a group transfer fills up before you want to start your vacation?