Just Curious

Bright1

After returning home and realizing that you accidentally left something in your cabin, has anyone been reunited with said item through NCL Lost and Found?

I’ve been getting the run around since 6/4. Wondering if I should call it quits. 

41 minutes ago, Bright1 said:

After returning home and realizing that you accidentally left something in your cabin, has anyone been reunited with said item through NCL Lost and Found?

I’ve been getting the run around since 6/4. Wondering if I should call it quits. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bright1 said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "the run around".

All you can do is to report the lost item. Have you done that? Have they taken your report?

Once they have the report, then they can proceed to return the item to you, but only IF someone found it and turned it in. Have they reported that your item was indeed found?

2 hours ago, Agent999 said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "the run around".

All you can do is to report the lost item. Have you done that? Have they taken your report?

Once they have the report, then they can proceed to return the item to you, but only IF someone found it and turned it in. Have they reported that your item was indeed found?

My Kindle was not lost. I inadvertently left it under a pillow in a Haven suite. As we were leaving, our steward was going in to do the turnover. It would seem that this is an easy fix. Yes, I reported it very quickly. I was notified that the report was received. Then things fell apart. After 2 weeks, I contacted a Guest Experience Coordinator who referred me back to the Lost and Found. I will not believe that our Steward pocketed my item. I would be more comfortable realizing that there is no Lost and Found which does not sit well. 

My question remains, has anyone had better luck with an item left behind?

• Like 1

No, but.... on our last cruise when we arrived back in the cabin one evening my wife was missing an earing.  I backtracked our visits to the Spinnaker lounge, the crew meet and greet, and the  bliss ultra lounge.  No joy.

I went to guest service, asked about lost and found, and they rapidly produced the earing bagged and tagged with the time and location found.

On the other hand, my daughter lost he favorite stuffed animal Nawla on a Holland America cruise.  My wife tried for weeks to no avail.

Edited by itsnotjustme

Will NCL return it on their dime?

Not on a cruise ship, but I left a Nook on a plane once-it was found and turned in. Problem was that the only way to get it back was to pay shipping, which was not worth it.

I

I forget how a kindle operates....I have one but have not used it in years. That said, I would go to Amazon and have it removed from your Amazon account.....just in case someone took it and is using it. 

• Like 1

as for someone else using a kindle. if you want to but a book, you MUST log into your amazon account

with your email address and password. so unless the other person is happy using the books youve already bought, they aint gettin no more

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

as for someone else using a kindle. if you want to but a book, you MUST log into your amazon account

with your email address and password. so unless the other person is happy using the books youve already bought, they aint gettin no more

I just purchased a book on my kindle yesterday, I didn’t have to login (I always have to look up my password and didn’t have to). I just clicked purchase.