The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 22nd, 2023

richwmn

56 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon,  the Zaandam is underway.   DH and I ordered from the Dive In since MDR was closed. 

The Zuiderdam was in front of us.

20230722_131324.thumb.jpg.46b4f9e17621ab466831dc2dbaf45466.jpg

I had desert before my burger. Peanut Butter Silk pie is awesome. 

20230722_120635.thumb.jpg.c68d05e4cbef1d13c78b74568882c46c.jpg

For some reason I found myself at the Ocean Bar.

20230722_132505.thumb.jpg.6217ab2450bf4273fcdf98cec23428fd.jpg

Inquiring minds have to know.  Was the pie in the Lido or where did you find it please?

I was introduced to it on the P’dam n embarkation day (a taste of someone else’s) and it is to die for.  Haven’t seen it in the MDR or in the Lido but maybe I don’t look hard enough?

I can’t eat a whole thing but it is to die for (and I’m not into sweets usually) and would love a taste again.  Thanks Jake 🙂 

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Update on Murphy, she has a staph infection on her lungs. So far not growing out of blood cultures. Estimate is to be on ECMO for 7 to 10 days. Poor baby with so many complications. Thanks for all your prayers. 

Oh Damn.  And ditto for staph.  It’s a curse  of hospitals. 

OMG on 7 - 10 days - prayers for the sweet girl 🙏 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi everyone,

Tough day on the thread today.

@cruising sister many prayers for sweet baby Murphy and family. My hope is that they got a handle on it. 

@ger_77 so sorry about your friends' bad news, prayers for them as well.

@Denise T, Fancy is adorable, how old is she?

Have fun all you cruisers, very jealous here! 😎

Nice evening all...

Caron

Fancy is estimated to be 5 years old but may be a bit younger. She came into foster care after delivering 11 puppies. Two did not survive and she was nursing 9 puppies which took a lot out of her. She was emaciated. Her foster mom thinks she might be a little younger now that she is a healthy weight. We will be taking her to the vet who can give us a better idea. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lorraine @cruising sister it breaks my heart to read about the latest setback for Baby Murphy.  Prayers abound for her and the medical team in charge of her.  Precious baby.

Vanessa @JazzyV happy birthday wishes to your BFF.  Hope the dinner tonight is great!

Denise @Denise T what a sweet dog!  The name Fancy is so cute.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser your offer is gladly accepted to find the links each day. Thank you!  Yes, Friday is travel day and we leave here very early.  Flight is at 9:44 and we need to be sure to leave enough time to navigate the crowds at the Atlanta airport.  We're having someone drive us who lives in the the development and has done this for many residents over the years.  Better than the rental care routine which is 3 times higher cost than it used to be. 

Gerry @ger_77  I'm sorry to hear of the bad news today about your friends.  I join you in cursing cancer--it took my Dear Dad.

Jacqui @kazu the same sentiment for your friend's DH's diagnosis.  So sorry!

DGD Ashley found her wedding dress today.  I saw photos and she will be (and already is) stunning!  Simply gorgeous.

I talked to my friend whose brother Mark has bile duct cancer.  Apparently the doctor who placed tubes for drainage of the bile did not do a great job of it, and the second doctor is very upset.  Having to go back to get the tubes done properly is delaying the radiologist who has plans for Mark. He's been fighting this cancer for 4 years now.  

Jake @Crazy For Cats have a great cruise!  Sounds like an awesome start.  I wondered if you knew how bad the Ted Williams Tunnel is to get from the airport to the cruise port.  I might try that plan next Saturday morning (hotel shuttle to airport then taxi to port).  My friend said she'd buy transfers from HAL instead of a taxi though.  What are your thoughts?

We approach the port from the south.  Traffic was getting a bit heavy so Waze took the driver on a detour to avoid it.  I'm not overly familiar with Boston roads but I think your plan should work.  I'd consider calling the hotel to confirm. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lorraine @cruising sister it breaks my heart to read about the latest setback for Baby Murphy.  Prayers abound for her and the medical team in charge of her.  Precious baby.

Vanessa @JazzyV happy birthday wishes to your BFF.  Hope the dinner tonight is great!

Denise @Denise T what a sweet dog!  The name Fancy is so cute.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser your offer is gladly accepted to find the links each day. Thank you!  Yes, Friday is travel day and we leave here very early.  Flight is at 9:44 and we need to be sure to leave enough time to navigate the crowds at the Atlanta airport.  We're having someone drive us who lives in the the development and has done this for many residents over the years.  Better than the rental care routine which is 3 times higher cost than it used to be. 

Gerry @ger_77  I'm sorry to hear of the bad news today about your friends.  I join you in cursing cancer--it took my Dear Dad.

Jacqui @kazu the same sentiment for your friend's DH's diagnosis.  So sorry!

DGD Ashley found her wedding dress today.  I saw photos and she will be (and already is) stunning!  Simply gorgeous.

I talked to my friend whose brother Mark has bile duct cancer.  Apparently the doctor who placed tubes for drainage of the bile did not do a great job of it, and the second doctor is very upset.  Having to go back to get the tubes done properly is delaying the radiologist who has plans for Mark. He's been fighting this cancer for 4 years now.  

Jake @Crazy For Cats have a great cruise!  Sounds like an awesome start.  I wondered if you knew how bad the Ted Williams Tunnel is to get from the airport to the cruise port.  I might try that plan next Saturday morning (hotel shuttle to airport then taxi to port).  My friend said she'd buy transfers from HAL instead of a taxi though.  What are your thoughts?

We approach the port from the south.  Traffic was getting a bit heavy so Waze took the driver on a detour to avoid it.  I'm not overly familiar with Boston roads but I think your plan should work.  I'd consider calling the hotel to confirm. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, kazu said:

Inquiring minds have to know.  Was the pie in the Lido or where did you find it please?

I was introduced to it on the P’dam n embarkation day (a taste of someone else’s) and it is to die for.  Haven’t seen it in the MDR or in the Lido but maybe I don’t look hard enough?

I can’t eat a whole thing but it is to die for (and I’m not into sweets usually) and would love a taste again.  Thanks Jake 🙂 

The pie was in the lido today.  

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Thanks Jake.  It used to be an embarkation MDR thing.  Hopefully, it’s not just a small ship thing 🤞. So glad you had it.  It is delectable 🤤 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Update on Murphy, she has a staph infection on her lungs. So far not growing out of blood cultures. Estimate is to be on ECMO for 7 to 10 days. Poor baby with so many complications. Thanks for all your prayers. 

I join the others, this is rotten news.  Continued prayers for sweet baby Murphy, all the family, and the medical team.  

• Like 16

Thank you Jake @Crazy For Cats.  I was thinking the hotel staff might have some good idea of the best way to handle the trip to the ship Saturday morning.  I'll give them a call when hopefully they aren't too busy.

I hope all our prayers for sweet baby Murphy are being heard and helping her.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Denise T said:

Hi everyone. Late start. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

The meal of the day sounds interesting. Definitely would dry the drink of the day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

I would like to introduce our new family member: Fancy. She is a beagle mix. She came from West Virginia. She is so sweet. 

Have a safe and healthy day everyone. 

20230722_140531.jpg

Welcome to your Daily family Fancy! How sweet! 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I had desert before my burger. Peanut Butter Silk pie is awesome. 

20230722_120635.thumb.jpg.c68d05e4cbef1d13c78b74568882c46c.jpg

6 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks Jake.  It used to be an embarkation MDR thing.  Hopefully, it’s not just a small ship thing 🤞. So glad you had it.  It is delectable 🤤 

That’s why I stopped eating in the MDR on embarkation day and now eat in the (crowded, noisy) Lido… just for the Peanut Butter Silk Pie! 😋

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Copenhagen.  It is Sunday.  i just got through reading all the posts and am so sorry to read all the sad news.

Prayers for everyone who is suffering, especially Baby Murphy.

Prayers also for those who have lost loved ones.

Mostly prayers for those on the Cares List.

Cheers to those cruising.  I hope you all have a great time.  Bon Voyage!

Yesterday was a busy day trying to pack up.  Also my cold resurfaced or else i got a new one.  I am miserable and right now I just want to go home.  However I am sitting in the Lounge in the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel with a good number of other cruisers who disembarked today and are waiting for their rooms to be ready.

I had a reservation at both this hotel and the Hotel d’Angleterre.  Now i am sorry we cancelled that one.  It was more expensive but I think we would have been in our room already.

I don’t know where I got this cold again.  Tired of this and just plain tired.  

We got a new HVAC system in January when our old one gave up the ghost.  The thermostat is connected to the WiFi in the house.  For the last three weeks I have been getting messages that the HVAC is not cooling and the temp in the house is 87 degrees.  I had it set for vacation mode at 80.  So this is one of the first order of business when we get home on Thursday.  Not happy about this. Especially with a system that is only a few months old.  

Thank you to all who contribute to this thread.  Hope all is well.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 11

On 7/22/2023 at 11:59 AM, kazu said:

edited to say - they think they now have the dam under control 🙏 but still evacuating.  Widespread damage across Nova Scotia.

How awful!

On 7/22/2023 at 11:59 AM, kazu said:

Yippee!  See you on Monday 🙂 

God willing!

• Like 4