DFW to Galveston Shuttle

pooh/tigger

12 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

They have family in Dallas and planning to spend a week there before their cruise. 

The best options would be flying from Dallas to Houston or renting a car and driving. If it were me and I was not driving my own car I would fly Southwest Airlines from Dallas Love airport to Houston Hobby airport. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, they need to understand that Galveston is still a long way from Dallas, the 300 miles mentioned above sounds about right. If flying, Dallas Love Field to Houston Hobby Airport on Southwest Airline is the best option. The cruise lines have shuttles from Hobby to Galveston.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, George C said:

I like flying first class Amerasian lots of flights to Hobby , will book soon for November cruise from dfw.

Thanks for the tip. I usualy fly Southwest but I have about 99,000 AA Advantage points and $200 in AA gift certificates. 

I looked at that car service site and you have to have six minimum and it was I think $1600 round trip. I think you have to book rt. Does not seem like a logical choice.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Thanks for the tip. I usualy fly Southwest but I have about 99,000 AA Advantage points and $200 in AA gift certificates. 

I looked at that car service site and you have to have six minimum and it was I think $1600 round trip. I think you have to book rt. Does not seem like a logical choice.....

I would do the car service only if there was a bathroom and a open bar 😁😁

• Like 1

I would also add that there are a couple luxury bus options from DFW to Houston.  We had to get to Austin to fly to a cruise when local airports all but shut down and our trip on Vonlane was something I'd do again without hesitation.  Redcoach is also an option.  Seats on either are much more comfortable than an airline.

Both have bathrooms and Vonlane provides a meal and alcohol for sale!

Edit - misspelled "shut" above and was filtered out!

Edited by txjim09

On 7/22/2023 at 5:14 PM, Texas Tillie said:

Yes, they need to understand that Galveston is still a long way from Dallas, the 300 miles mentioned above sounds about right. If flying, Dallas Love Field to Houston Hobby Airport on Southwest Airline is the best option. The cruise lines have shuttles from Hobby to Galveston.

It will be cheaper, fasterand more convenient to just grab an Uber from Hobby

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:10 PM, George C said:

I like flying first class Amerasian lots of flights to Hobby , will book soon for November cruise from dfw.

Not sure first class on an AA Regional Jet to Hobby outweighs the convenience of love field on a 40 minute flight

Edited by MrMan
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 3:03 PM, Charles4515 said:

Don’t “waist” your points on DaL-HOU. Fares are typically cheap purchases in advance

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 9:01 PM, txjim09 said:

I would also add that there are a couple luxury bus options from DFW to Houston.  We had to get to Austin to fly to a cruise when local airports all but shut down and our trip on Vonlane was something I'd do again without hesitation.  Redcoach is also an option.  Seats on either are much more comfortable than an airline.

Both have bathrooms and Vonlane provides a meal and alcohol for sale!

Edit - misspelled "shut" above and was filtered out!

Volane is great. It will let you off downtown Houston Hyatt. Fare is about $120, but the kicker is the $100 Uber ride to Galveston. Your better off flying to Hobby 

Edited by MrMan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 1:27 PM, pooh/tigger said:

Any Galveston experts know the answer to the title? 

Asking for our neighbors. They just booked their cruise out of Galveston

ive looked in a search but I keep getting limo companies. 😂😂

Galveston is a minimum four and a half hour drive from Dallas. I can only assume it would cost an arm and a leg to hire a car for that. Southwest Airlines is your cheapest bet to fly from Dallas to Houston, then they'll still need to get to Galveston (another hour-ish) south. There are lots of shuttles for that.

Edited by roxstarcruiser