Hotel near Port of Miami with Parking and Shuttle Recommendations please

dmfleischmann

check out the Miami Departure boards, you might get recommendations there.    The Hampton Inn & Suites used to get good reviews (pre Covid) for staying before sailing from Miami.    I don't know if they run a shuttle and/or parking, again there's still numerous hotels haven't restarted this service since restrictions have been lifted.   Other areas that have been recommended previously are Brickell district, South Beach, and Biscayne Bay area.     

We sailed from Miami in March this year on a TA, it also happened to be  Spring Break, and the prices of accommodation in Downtown Miami, was very expensive, so we stayed in the Doral area near the airport, and booked a taxi to take us and our friends (party of 9 in total) to the cruise port.

I don't stay in Miami when I cruise from Miami for many reasons.  But, I would imagine that most, if not all, hotels that don't actually provide a shuttle have numbers to 3rd party shuttle services that will come to the hotel and take you to the port.  

I'd call many hotels in the port area and see what they offer for parking and shuttle.  

We usually stay in Ft. Lauderdale, Dania Beach, or Davie and drive to the port and park next to the terminal.  

• Like 1

Hotels near MIA sometimes offer cruise parking and a port shuttle for a fee - none will shuttle you back to your car post cruise so plan on a $30+ cab ride.  La Quinta East, Embassy Suites MIA and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon are the most often suggested options. As suggested above, I would call to verify that they still offer the parking deals.

parksleepfly dot com and stay123 dot come are two sights you can check for hotels offering parking deals.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2023 at 6:55 PM, texmex.ferr said:

check out the Miami Departure boards, you might get recommendations there.    The Hampton Inn & Suites used to get good reviews (pre Covid) for staying before sailing from Miami.    I don't know if they run a shuttle and/or parking, again there's still numerous hotels haven't restarted this service since restrictions have been lifted.   Other areas that have been recommended previously are Brickell district, South Beach, and Biscayne Bay area.     

We sailed from Miami in March this year on a TA, it also happened to be  Spring Break, and the prices of accommodation in Downtown Miami, was very expensive, so we stayed in the Doral area near the airport, and booked a taxi to take us and our friends (party of 9 in total) to the cruise port.

I cannot seem to find the "Miami departure board"  Could you post a link?  Thank you!

There are very few hotels that offer cruise parking and even fewer that offer shuttles to the port. 

Shuttle to the port are not needed as anything close to the port is a 5-10 minute drive, maybe 15-mins if there is some traffic or you get a draw bridge. The port is right in the middle of Miami in Downtown Miami. 

I don't believe any Downtown/Brickell hotels offer cruise parking. The parking at the port is easy and $22/day which for Miami is not bad at all. 

I would just stay in hotel you want to stay in, and then drive to the port and park there. Brickell is the nicest area to stay in if you want to be very close to the port. 

• Like 1

If you're looking for a place to stay and leave your vehicle while you're on your cruise a hotel in the Blue Lagoon area of Miami will do the trick. Blue Lagoon area is located near MIA. Many Cruise Critic posters stay in this area before embarking on their cruises. Hotels near the port don't provide you with shuttle service and leaving your vehicle at there locations are very expensive.

We finally decided to book a room at EB Hotel.  They do have a parking package and shuttle but ultimately we decided it would be easier to just park at the port and not deal with the shuttle hassle.  I'm excited to stay here.  It looks beautiful and has great reviews. We got a double room for $270.  The parking package would have been $370.  Very reasonable compared to all the other places I looked into.  

• 1 month later...